UK Cruisers-OBC purchase

:

This sounds great Im going to try today to see if buying on board credit is still available at this rate, ill let everyone know on here if it is :)

Hi everyone I just called and bought $600 worth of onboard credit for £420 pounds, when i called i asked for seperate email which show how many dollars i was getting for my pounds which she didnt sound to keen at first to do and said that as its so busy that it might not come through for another few hours, so i will let people know when and if it comes through.

Thanks very much to the original poster :):)

Hi everyone I just called and bought $600 worth of onboard credit for £420 pounds, when i called i asked for seperate email which show how many dollars i was getting for my pounds which she didnt sound to keen at first to do and said that as its so busy that it might not come through for another few hours, so i will let people know when and if it comes through.

Thanks very much to the original poster :):)

Hi Everyone just to let you know we didnt have to wait long at all before receiving the following :)

Good Morning,

I hope you are having a good day.

Please find the on board credit confirmation for your two reservations, the

amount showing on each invoice is £210.00 which have been used to purchase

$300.00 (per cabin).

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,

Hi Everyone just to let you know we didnt have to wait long at all before receiving the following :)

Good Morning,

I hope you are having a good day.

Please find the on board credit confirmation for your two reservations, the

amount showing on each invoice is £210.00 which have been used to purchase

$300.00 (per cabin).

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,

Which number did you call to buy the OBC?

I bought my OBC today yayyyy.

slight concern that my email only said i must I paid in £'s and didnt confirm how much the OBC was.

I agreed with the agent what the OBC would be in $'s...which worked out to be 1.428..but the rate or $ amount didn't reflect in the payment advice I received. Should I be concerned?

thanks

Jean:)

Has anyone worked out what the exchange rate is on the drinks packages? as i note the UK website gives price in £'s, I was waiting to see if price improved if exchange rate did? but if Royal are using 1.43 now then maybe I should buy now!

Thanks Gillian

Has anyone worked out what the exchange rate is on the drinks packages? as i note the UK website gives price in £'s, I was waiting to see if price improved if exchange rate did? but if Royal are using 1.43 now then maybe I should buy now!

Thanks Gillian

I am not sure that they are using the 1.43 rate for the drinks package prices as the uk price rose in line with the dropping pound. I think they are using the on board exchange rate which is usually just a little bit worse than the bank rate. The OBC exchange is because they tie that one in for longer time frames.

I am not sure that they are using the 1.43 rate for the drinks package prices as the uk price rose in line with the dropping pound. I think they are using the on board exchange rate which is usually just a little bit worse than the bank rate. The OBC exchange is because they tie that one in for longer time frames.

I bought OBC at $1.43 soI could pay for drinks upgrade and grats without paying the 3% card charges and get a decent rate.Saved about £50.

Hope this isn't a stupid question

I wish to purchase the drinks package. Ideally for the lowest price I can find. At the moment my cruise is showing the package at £33.88 a day.

If I purchase OBC then my balance will be showing in $. Can I use those $ to purchase the drinks package given it is showing the cost in £?

Hope this isn't a stupid question

I wish to purchase the drinks package. Ideally for the lowest price I can find. At the moment my cruise is showing the package at £33.88 a day.

If I purchase OBC then my balance will be showing in $. Can I use those $ to purchase the drinks package given it is showing the cost in £?

To my knowledge, the only ship that is allowing OBC to be used for pre-cruise purchases is Oasis.