What I wore in Europe Spring 2016- packing light for the middle aged woman

Nice selections. You will blend in well with the locals.Europeans cover up. I no longer take shorts either. Note the absence of all black luggage I wrote about here recently. We are lucky capris and cropped pants are in. In my resort town all the females are running around in wild yoga pants

I agree with cruise mom, prefer separates for the versatility.

JJill also has some great clothes that are super comfy and mostly knits that need no ironing. Not quite EF quality, but at half the price, it's very, very good value.

I agree with cruise mom, prefer separates for the versatility.

JJill also has some great clothes that are super comfy and mostly knits that need no ironing. Not quite EF quality, but at half the price, it's very, very good value.

Jill doesn't fit me well anymore - I always end up with a waistband that fits but 3 inches of extra fabric in each pant leg around my hips. I'm a separates dresser 99% of the time. BUT, I have a few LBTDs laying around. I only take ONE on a trip, and only if I think I may want to be different and wear a dress. Any of them are rollable, and roll up pretty da*n small. Just as versatile - wear plain with flats or moto boots, dress up with jewelry and heels (if I could wear heels), nude leg, leggings, wear under a blazer or with a jeans jacket, casual scarf or ...

While I am all about accessorizing, the silhouette of a skirt and top suits me better. (Plus, when I get a stray drip of olive oil or a drop of gelato on my top, I can still wear the skirt with something else until I have time to launder).

Edited by cruisemom42

If you are middle aged, I am really old :). Agree with the EF pleated wool dress comment; this is a great dress and I got one a couple years ago when it was "Sale of the Day" on Garnet Hill.

Loved your outfits, you looked really cute.

Also loved the olive jacket; saw a very similar one on sale at Nordstrom yesterday. Brand was Hinge, on sale for $49.50. They also had the Caslon one, and the same brand with a draped front.

My DD has a very cute olive one from Orvis, of all places. They sometimes have fantastic sales and her jacket is adorable on her.

Edited by 6rugrats

How'd did the cork sole on the Birkenstock's hold up in the rain? I'm afraid to get mine wet after I ruined several soles years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi, they actually did really well, no splitting or anything. Sorry it took me so long to answer, I didn't realize this thread was still active :)

If you are middle aged, I am really old :). Agree with the EF pleated wool dress comment; this is a great dress and I got one a couple years ago when it was "Sale of the Day" on Garnet Hill.

Loved your outfits, you looked really cute.

Also loved the olive jacket; saw a very similar one on sale at Nordstrom yesterday. Brand was Hinge, on sale for $49.50. They also had the Caslon one, and the same brand with a draped front.

My DD has a very cute olive one from Orvis, of all places. They sometimes have fantastic sales and her jacket is adorable on her.

Hey at 49, I consider myself middle aged :) & thanks for the compliment!

Regarding dresses vs skirts conversation, for myself, I prefer skirts, I have the Garnet Hill Knit Midi skirt in two colors & it's so versatile! I also have the Eileen Ficher Organic Cotton Ballet dress, which normally goes on trips with me... left it behind this time, but I think I'll pack it from now on