Grandeur vs Anthem

Looking at New England/Canada for next year. Love the 9 day itinary on the Grandeur but see more for the 11, 12, 13 year olds on the Anthem but only 5 days. Any suggestions? Thanks

Looking at New England/Canada for next year. Love the 9 day itinary on the Grandeur but see more for the 11, 12, 13 year olds on the Anthem but only 5 days. Any suggestions? Thanks

Take the kids on Anthem. Take another cruise on Grandeur and leave the kids at home.:)

I think it depends on your kids. Are they active or more laid back.

On Grandeur there's a rock wall & pool which is pretty much it other than the kids club and I think a video arcade. So it is definitely more laid back than the Anthem which has tons of activities.

My kids liked Grandeur but they pretty much like to hang around with us at the pool or on the balcony.

Anthem better suited to kids, no doubt about it. But if you book her be sure to make those Ifly and Northstar reservations ASAP. Once they fill up you're out of luck (maybe some walk-ons for Northstar), and they're hours of operation are woefully short.

Have done the 9 day Canada on Explorer. If you're considering Grandeur take a look at X's Summit as well. Similar sized ship. We're booked on her this Sept, 14 days from Bayonne to Quebec and back. "Free" bev package too. Nice way to go ex kids.

Another thing to consider is that you will probably pay as much or more for 5 days on Anthem than for 9 on Grandeur. I think you should pick the one you would prefer and the kids will be fine either way.

I agree. The Grandeur is fine for kids. I have sailed on her about 10 times and the kids all seemed to be enjoying themselves. No need for an amusement park.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Another thing to consider is the pool situation.

If you are sailing in the fall/cooler weather, you have the indoor pool on Anthem, while Grandeur just has the solarium that MAY have select hours for kids if the weather is bad.

Anthem will definitely entertain your kids more than Grandeur. Is the price and/or itinerary difference(s) worth one over the other?! Only your wallet can decide!

Happy seas either way!

Guest maddycat

After reading the ports of call that 138east listed for Grandeur I would definitely opt for the Grandeur. And, since you're traveling from the west coast a 9 night cruise makes more sense than a 5 night cruise.