Favorite restaurant in Mary Brickell area

disneylover89

We are looking for restaurant recommendations in the Mary Brickell Downtown area? We like Italian or American style food. Mid price range. We are staying at the Hampton Inn. TIA

Hopefully Carolyn will see this as she lives in Brickell. I personally like Batch Gastropub for American.

There is an Italian restaurant she's been raving about but I can't remember the name.

Crust was recommended very highly to me, for Italian. On Tripadvisor, it is rated the number one restaurant in over a thousand in Miami.

Locals here don't use tripadvisor, we use Yelp.

However, Crust is very, very good.

The downside as a tourist if you take a wrong turn you could end up in a horrible neighborhood.

Casablanca and Garcias for seafood next to Crust are both excellent.

FWIW, Crust has been winning all kinds of awards.

Hopefully Carolyn will see this as she lives in Brickell. I personally like Batch Gastropub for American.

There is an Italian restaurant she's been raving about but I can't remember the name.

Toscana Divino is the Italian Restaurant. I can honestly say that I have really enjoyed everything I have tried there and we are there frequently. They have a nice happy hour from 6-8 Pm every night which drink specials and appetizers. All of their pasta is freshly made, not from a box.

The owners will be opening a pizza restaurant in the back of Mary Brickell which should be amazing. That will open in early November.

I also really like Batch. Just went Wednesday night for their whiskey night. Their tacos that are on happy hour are huge and fantastic.

Another italian place that I enjoy is Vapiano which is on Brickell Ave. Again, fresh pasta made every day. Not a fancy place, you place your order up at the counter and then bring it yourself to your table. But the price is fantastic and the food has always been great.

Believe it or not, but the food is actually pretty good at Fado's over in Mary Brickell.

Locals here don't use tripadvisor, we use Yelp.

However, Crust is very, very good.

The downside as a tourist if you take a wrong turn you could end up in a horrible neighborhood.

Casablanca and Garcias for seafood next to Crust are both excellent.

FWIW, Crust has been winning all kinds of awards.

Thank you for the great advice. We were looking for a good seafood restaurant also! :)

I am sorry I am late to the party.

My wife and I stay in Miami for close to a week each year the past several years. Will be there again this year.

We stay a few blocks from Mary Brickell Village.

I also like Pericone's.

My wife and I love seafood.

It is an italian restaurant and does have several seafood entrees to choose from and has a fish of the day.

Many locals dine there. It is unique in terms of the interior of the rooms.

Web site is: http://www.pericones.com

If you like to walk about one mile from Mary Brickell is Truluck's. They do specialize in Seafood. I highly recommend it. We've gone there several times too.

https://trulucks.com/locations/miami-florida/

Keith

My wife and I are midwesterners so we are used to dining around 6:00 p.m. We have never had a problem getting into Perricones without a reservation at that time of evening. It is usually much busier when we leave after a couple of hours. I cannot help you with the distance from Hampton Inn. We always stay at the Intercontinental Hotel near the cruise port and take a cab to the restaurant. Happy Cruising! Bob And Linda

Thanks again for the replies!

Are reservations recommended for Perricone's for a Friday night in August? Is Perricone's walking distance from The Hampton Inn?

It's just a few blocks. Yes easy walk.

Thanks again for the replies!

Are reservations recommended for Perricone's for a Friday night in August? Is Perricone's walking distance from The Hampton Inn?

As mentioned, they do not take reservations.

Just a few minute walk from the Hampton Inn.

Yes on some nights it can be busy and there might be a wait to get in and on other nights that is not the case and it really depends what time you arrive. But that is true for most restaurants.

Keith

My wife and I are midwesterners so we are used to dining around 6:00 p.m. We have never had a problem getting into Perricones without a reservation at that time of evening. It is usually much busier when we leave after a couple of hours. I cannot help you with the distance from Hampton Inn. We always stay at the Intercontinental Hotel near the cruise port and take a cab to the restaurant. Happy Cruising! Bob And Linda

South Floridians eat late.

6PM is usually dead in most restaurants and many don't even open until 6PM.