Grand Princess 10 Day Alaska Cruise Videos

GoProCruiser

My thoughts exactly GoPro! I appreciate your efforts. Great videos! People need to remember how much time and effort this sort of thing takes, and if you don't want to watch or read, don't! No need to be snarky.

My thoughts exactly GoPro! I appreciate your efforts. Great videos! People need to remember how much time and effort this sort of thing takes, and if you don't want to watch or read, don't! No need to be snarky.

Thank you Amy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Secret Backdoor" on Aloha Deck 12 of the Grand Princess!

My favorite location on these ships. I've stayed in the last 2-3 inside cabins many times and love being just steps from the outside deck

Edited by DougH

Great videos! I'm heading on the same cruise July 30. It will be my 3rd Alaskan cruise from SF on Princess, but first time on the Grand Princess. We have a balcony cabin on Baja deck. Very excited! What did you think about the Grand in general?

Hi! I saw your posting about the Sanctuary pool being adult only and I was wondering if you know if any of the other pools are adult only? I have seen conflicting reports about the terrace pool on the Grand, but the threads were pretty old...

Thanks!

I respect that you're expressing your opinion, but what happened to, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything? This is my thread I created about my videos I created from my cruise experience. If you look on YouTube, there are many videos that are almost identical to this and some are even longer. There is an audience out there that enjoys longer, informative videos like this. It's social media. If you don't like the content I'm posting, you don't have to follow the thread. Sorry to come off as harsh, but if people on here are only going to bash the videos, I just won't post them on here. Hope you all have a great day!

Don't let the nay-sayers get you down - it is great that you are sharing so much with us all! I will be enjoying and reviewing these videos for a very long time. We all know that some forums and some people are more positive than others - but it's wonderful that you can share with those of us that appreciate it. Thank you so much!

Well said! I personally enjoyed the Club One5 video. I have enjoyed Skywalkers and was curious to see the difference in the club. Thanks for posting. If you have more, please keep them coming.

I agree here. Maybe I missed it, but did you film the outside area of the lounge?

FWIW, I did say I liked the other videos. I also put in the emojis at the end of the comment to try to show it as a relatively light hearted comment. Sorry so many on these boards take things way too serious.

GoProCruiser, good videos (the spa one not withstanding). Look forward to more.

:confused: My apologies for misconstruing your comment, I should have looked closer at the emojis at the end of the comment to be sure I understood it correctly. Truly, I may have jumped a little quick in making reference to your comment, so I do humbly apologize. I honestly just get so tired of seeing negativity--whether it is pointed or supposed light hearted. <sigh>

:confused: My apologies for misconstruing your comment, I should have looked closer at the emojis at the end of the comment to be sure I understood it correctly. Truly, I may have jumped a little quick in making reference to your comment, so I do humbly apologize. I honestly just get so tired of seeing negativity--whether it is pointed or supposed light hearted. <sigh>

I understand, no problem. As far as negativity, I understand your feelings....although, have you done that spa tour live......??:eek::D;)

My favorite location on these ships. I've stayed in the last 2-3 inside cabins many times and love being just steps from the outside deck

The OP stayed on Aloha deck but pretty much more forward and said it was quiet. Are the inside cabins toward the back quiet? I've always been concerned that arranging the deck chairs would make more noise than what I would want to deal with. How much noise is back there?

Here's the first VLOG of the trip. Us flying to San Francisco to board the ship! Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/miWpyL5OniI

May I ask what airports you were using to fly into SFO? It appears you didn't have a direct flight and had to deplane right there on the tarmac and grab your own luggage and carry it to your next flight :eek:

BTW, you are doing a great job. I know the Grand like the back of my hand but there are still some little tidbits that I had not been aware of.

The OP stayed on Aloha deck but pretty much more forward and said it was quiet. Are the inside cabins toward the back quiet? I've always been concerned that arranging the deck chairs would make more noise than what I would want to deal with. How much noise is back there?

I've never had any problem with noise from above or behind. Sometimes on windy days I could hear the outside door slam but that was very infrequent. I've even stayed in the aft facing cabins with portholes and like those also.

When I watched that video, I did not notice anyone holding a gun to my head and making me watch the whole thing. :rolleyes: I did, however, appreciate the fact that this preview could save me from having to go do the tour in person.

Seriously, OP, thanks for this entire effort and ignore the grumpies.

I agree! I was able to fast forward it through the parts I had little interest. Wish I could do that on board when I try to ask a simple question about a massage!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May I ask what airports you were using to fly into SFO? It appears you didn't have a direct flight and had to deplane right there on the tarmac and grab your own luggage and carry it to your next flight :eek:

BTW, you are doing a great job. I know the Grand like the back of my hand but there are still some little tidbits that I had not been aware of.

Thanks! I actually had a direct flight from Ontario, CA to SFO. Since the United plane I was on was smaller, we had to deplane on the Tarmac. The bags you saw us taking were actually our carry on roller bags since roller bags did not fit in the overhead bin. The plane was very small. Hope that answers your question!

Thank you so much for all the support everyone! I just got off work so I'll be replying to each of you when I get home (have to run a few errands first). I'm going to be editing and posting more videos later this evening! Thanks again for all the support! :)

Thanks! I actually had a direct flight from Ontario, CA to SFO. Since the United plane I was on was smaller, we had to deplane on the Tarmac. The bags you saw us taking were actually our carry on roller bags since roller bags did not fit in the overhead bin. The plane was very small. Hope that answers your question!

Ontario is a smaller regional airport in California (for those who are not familiar.) I once had to take one of the little planes to LAX from Ontario (which is only about 60 miles away) and had to do the same with the carry-on bags. However, most flights out of Ontario are on standard big jets boarded from inside the terminal just like everywhere else.

Thank you so much for your great review. I truly appreciate the time you took to break down your subjects and apply them to video. I will be cruising on the Star to Alaska next year ---- wish there was a series of videos like the ones you have produced.

The walk you had to take was long (what if it was raining?) and a ramp to deal with as well. I'm glad all of you were hearty and healthy but that did seem a bit of a haul to deal with at a first class international airport. I'm only questioning this because SFO is my home airport and I had never seen anything like this. I thought this sort of thing happened only in small, local airports. I love your positive spirit and looking forward to the rest of your review.

Edited by iceleven

The walk you had to take was long (what if it was raining?) and a ramp to deal with as well. I'm glad all of you were hearty and healthy but that did seem a bit of a haul to deal with at a first class international airport. I'm only questioning this because SFO is my home airport and I had never seen anything like this. I thought this sort of thing happened only in small, local airports. I love your positive spirit and looking forward to the rest of your review.

Our California home is in Highland, and we took a United Express jet ( 50 seater ) to SFO. We were on the May 31st sailing. 32 mile drive vs. 85 mile drive. At SFO, United has 2 Express Jet gates that board and deplane on the tarmac. These gates service multiple parking spaces. These jets have very limited overhead space. My mom uses a transport chair, and i just went up the ramp to the door and brought her down. Rain, it doesn't rain in San Fran. SFO doesn't have enough gate space for the frequency of express jets that service it. You'd be surprised how many airports and airlines use this type of set-up.Thankfully these 50 seaters are being phased out of the Express inventory.

United Pilot since 91, 6 more yrs then only using the aluminum tube to get to ships.

Aloha, Tim

Edited by Yehootu
Clarification

Thank you so much for your great review. I truly appreciate the time you took to break down your subjects and apply them to video. I will be cruising on the Star to Alaska next year ---- wish there was a series of videos like the ones you have produced.

Thank you! The Grand is pretty similar to the Star in most ways (it obviously doesn't have Skywalkers anymore) but hopefully the rest will give you a nice preview of your ship! You're going to have a wonderful time no matter what!