Stateroom number

FirsttimecruiserMac

I know it's frustrating not to know your gty cabin number before you sail, but if you do have to wait until check in then please don't worry. It is easy for them to label your bags then. Just make sure you have good ID on your cases.

And remember no news may be good news...there are still quite a few balcony cabins available! :)

I know it's frustrating not to know your gty cabin number before you sail, but if you do have to wait until check in then please don't worry. It is easy for them to label your bags then. Just make sure you have good ID on your cases.

And remember no news may be good news...there are still quite a few balcony cabins available! :)

I'm hoping for, "Good things come to those who wait."

Of course, when the mind imagines worst case scenarios, I'm trusting they don't overbook like the airlines 😨. I wouldn't want to have to sleep on the sofa in Journey's new "Living Room". 😀 Or perhaps 7 evenings of "Nights in Private Places." (Now that would make for an interesting travel story.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Mercruiser

We just got our cabin assignment. I found out using Phil's method described earlier. We booked an inside and got assigned an ocean view on deck four. I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Good news! As long as your not too far forward the OV's on Deck Four are in a great position.

See you soon! :)

Well one more week down and still no stateroom assigned. Only 2 more weeks till we leave. Maybe we will not know until we are on board. :rolleyes: That would be a first for us. :)

We shall see.

Later.....Steve

Well another week down. We sail 1 week from today and still not stateroom assigned. What gives?? :eek:

Well another week down. We sail 1 week from today and still not stateroom assigned. What gives?? :eek:

I found out four days in advance. Specifically, I logged in yesterday afternoon (Thursday) to see my cabin assignment for a Monday (Aug 22) cruise. It was not assigned until late in the day - I know because I logged in several times throughout the day.

Good news! As long as your not too far forward the OV's on Deck Four are in a great position.

See you soon! :)

It's pretty far forward. Thankfully we like to wake up early anyways. With all the tender ports, I might be waking up to the anchor drop alarm clock! :eek:

The next cruise (Aug 29) I have a mid-ship balcony on deck 8. I might have to save "sleeping in" for the second cruise!

STILL NO Stateroom assigned.

Cruise leaves in 5 days, we fly out in four day.

Has anyone really had their Azamara stateroom assigned upon boarding? :eek:

Still waiting.

Still waiting.

I always have my stateroom assigned when I make my deposit. I want to know where I will be and if it is satisfactory. Suggest you call your TA.

Edited by scapel

I always have my stateroom assigned when I make my deposit. I want to know where I will be and if it is satisfactory. Suggest you call your TA.

Can't get a stateroom assigned at time of deposit when booking a GTY. TA doesn't assign a stateroom if you've booked a GTY, the cruiseline does. And it may not be until you board.

If you want to avoid this uncertainty, don't book a GTY. Simple. I don't understand the fuss. This is what you sign up for when you book a GTY.

Can't get a stateroom assigned at time of deposit when booking a GTY. TA doesn't assign a stateroom if you've booked a GTY, the cruiseline does. And it may not be until you board.

If you want to avoid this uncertainty, don't book a GTY. Simple. I don't understand the fuss. This is what you sign up for when you book a GTY.

So a GTY is when you are guaranteed a stateroom, but because of a low cost deal they will put you where they want to. Maybe you get lucky and get a fairly good cabin. When you board, be nice and jolly and beg. HA!

As long as you get on everything will be ok.

So a GTY is when you are guaranteed a stateroom, but because of a low cost deal they will put you where they want to. Maybe you get lucky and get a fairly good cabin. When you board, be nice and jolly and beg. HA!

As long as you get on everything will be ok.

You are guaranteed a stateroom at least in the category in which you booked the GTY. You may get a better category...or may not. But--as you wrote--they will put you where they want to and do it when they're ready to. If this is going to be a problem for someone, don't book a GTY. Uncertainty is what you get in return for the lower price.

The Azamara site should give a good idea, but I use a German site. Unfortunately because it's commercial we aren't allowed to mention here or give clues.

Phil

I use that site to check availability and choose a cabin. The last 2 cruises I booked, the available cabins were not accurate.

Still waiting.

I was able to change staterooms after boarding. Just had to kick in some extra cash. Many times Miami and the ship don't get together on which cabins are available. On the ship they were bringing me to a cabin that had luggage already in it. We had to try another one.

• 11 months later...
I use that site to check availability and choose a cabin. The last 2 cruises I booked, the available cabins were not accurate.

I have been sailing with Celebrity for 17 years and have found that Miami and the ships do not communicate well.

On our last cruise on Azamara we were kicked out of our Club Ocean Suite and upgraded to the Owners Suite which we did not want and they did not ask our permission to do that nor did they communicate to my TA about it, which I think they should have. I liked the forward viewing cabin. I was angry that they didn't ask permission to do that and was disappointed that they did it, but my wife told me to shut up and not make a scene. Move to the stern and keep peace in the family.

I met a lady that booked her cabin a year in advance so she got the cabin close to the washing machines. I'll bet she didn't want an upgrade either if it took her away from the washing machine.

I'm just happy to be on Azamara, any deal that suits, any cabin, guarantee, upgrades etc. We always book what we like and any move is usually a bonus. I would sleep in a lifeboat if needed just to be onboard but fortunately haven't had to do that. Either way you're never in your room much. Roll on October 21!!!

I am a little confused...

Where will I see the cabin number we get? We booked a GTY Inside stateroom for the quest on 14th of October,

On the "my azamara" it says like below. Will this change when they give us an Stateroom?

Sorry for this "stupid" question, its our first azamara cruise, rccl and celebritys is more clear about this.

Thank You!!

Tuscany & Rivieras Voyage Onboard Quest

Sailing on 14-Oct-2017

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Reservation No: 33XXXXX

Guests: 0Total Charge: N/A

No need to print out the form to see the cabin number. If you go through the process it will show you which cabin you've been assigned.

We did GTY for our upcoming October 3rd sailing and were able to see our cabin assignment about 4-5 weeks ago.

Another option would be to have your TA call AZ.

I am a little confused...

Where will I see the cabin number we get? We booked a GTY Inside stateroom for the quest on 14th of October,

On the "my azamara" it says like below. Will this change when they give us an Stateroom?

Sorry for this "stupid" question, its our first azamara cruise, rccl and celebritys is more clear about this.

Thank You!!

Tuscany & Rivieras Voyage Onboard Quest

Sailing on 14-Oct-2017

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Reservation No: 33XXXXX

Guests: 0Total Charge: N/A

Joe,

I use a travel agent that sends me an invoice with all the particulars of fees, insurance, deposits and date of final payment. When she books this she has a cabin number and it is on that invoice along with the booking number which you need to do the online information. Of course you can't print anything until final payment, but you should have your cabin number. If you have just book standby for an upgrade, you may not get that cabin number until final payment. I always have a booked cabin and on standby for upgrade, but I pay for the upgrade, it is not complimentary. If you use a TA ask them. I have always used a TA since they can get better communication service with the cruise lines than I can get directly. They have their go to person with different cruise lines and I would just get pot luck if I called.

I filled out the form, but its still to early for print out, the system doesnot allow it. :-(

Strange. I am on the Journey on 28 October this year, after your cruise and my Xpress Pass is ready to print.

When you finish completing the information, if you click on 'View Details' against 'Online Check-in Summary', that will take you to a page that has a table in it, with ticks against 'Personal Travel Information; Cruise Ticket Contract; Onboard Expense Account and Xpress Passes'.

For my cruise there is a green tick and the word 'Available' next to Xpress Passes. When I click on 'Available' it brings up my Xpress Pass.

Sent from my iPad using Forums