Stateroom number

FirsttimecruiserMac

My own experience of inside GTYs is that they take a bit longer to assign because proportionally there are less of them on the ship. They seem to have a lot of cabin rejigging about three weeks or so before sailing where they move or upgrade people, but you may hear something sooner. Alternatively it could be any time up to sail date.

Phil

Thanks a lot to everyone. But it does not work. I guess they did not give us a number already. so will have to wait.

But becouse of your helb i know where i have to look for it.

Did you use a travel agent to book the cruise or book directly with the cruise line. Did you get an invoice showing confirmation you made a deposit?

@scapel - yes we used a TA for booking, and we got the confirmation for the deposit.

But i dont want to call them every day to ask about the stateroom ;-)

Im okay with waiting, i just wanted to know how to find the number of the stateroom when it is fixed.

email TA. That works for me, maybe it will for you. TA are worth everything they do and it doesn't cost us, the customer anything for their efforts. I'm surprised you have made a deposit and don't have a cabin number that you have made a deposit on. Do you have the type of booking where you are guaranteed a cabin, but don't know where it is when you put down a deposit?

Joe,

I use a travel agent that sends me an invoice with all the particulars of fees, insurance, deposits and date of final payment. When she books this she has a cabin number and it is on that invoice along with the booking number which you need to do the online information. Of course you can't print anything until final payment, but you should have your cabin number. If you have just book standby for an upgrade, you may not get that cabin number until final payment. I always have a booked cabin and on standby for upgrade, but I pay for the upgrade, it is not complimentary. If you use a TA ask them. I have always used a TA since they can get better communication service with the cruise lines than I can get directly. They have their go to person with different cruise lines and I would just get pot luck if I called.

email TA. That works for me, maybe it will for you. TA are worth everything they do and it doesn't cost us, the customer anything for their efforts. I'm surprised you have made a deposit and don't have a cabin number that you have made a deposit on. Do you have the type of booking where you are guaranteed a cabin, but don't know where it is when you put down a deposit?

You are giving out some really poor information here and it's not surprising the poster is confused. They have booked an inside GTY cabin and the bottom line is they may not have a cabin number allocated much before they sail (see posts above). Talking about upgrades is irrelevant too. They don't apply to GTY bookings.

Phil

You are giving out some really poor information here and it's not surprising the poster is confused. They have booked an inside GTY cabin and the bottom line is they may not have a cabin number allocated much before they sail (see posts above). Talking about upgrades is irrelevant too. They don't apply to GTY bookings.

Phil

Sorry Phil,

didn't know what a GTY booking was.

Hi Scapel, Many of us old-timers still use the term GTY for a special fare booked without a specific stateroom or suite number assigned. It's a way for Inventory Managers to fill the ship and still have some flexibility in berthing everyone in the category of their choice, or higher. We do still offer these fares, but on our website we use the promotional name Book-Pay-Save. Here's a link to our web page with more information and the voyages it's currently offered on. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/luxury-cruise-deals/book-pay-save

Hi Scapel, Many of us old-timers still use the term GTY for a special fare booked without a specific stateroom or suite number assigned. It's a way for Inventory Managers to fill the ship and still have some flexibility in berthing everyone in the category of their choice, or higher. We do still offer these fares, but on our website we use the promotional name Book-Pay-Save. Here's a link to our web page with more information and the voyages it's currently offered on. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/luxury-cruise-deals/book-pay-save

Bonnie,

Thanks. What do the letters GTY actually stand for. Might help remembering. I knew this existed, but did not know it had a name. Guaranteed Booked Cabin..GBC-- Would be good description.

GTY stands for guarantee/guaranteed. It means you are guaranteed at least a certain level of stateroom - outside, Verandah etc. You might be lucky and get a stateroom of a higher level, or you might get exactly the level you booked for. Once on a Holland America cruise we booked a guarantee Verandah and got allocated to a De Luxe Verandah - very similar to a Club Continent Suite on Azamara.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bonnie,

Thanks. What do the letters GTY actually stand for. Might help remembering. I knew this existed, but did not know it had a name. Guaranteed Booked Cabin..GBC-- Would be good description.

It's always going to be GTY for as long as the wider industry uses this designation- Azamara changing it would just lead to wholesale confusion for travel agencies so as we say let sleeping dogs lie even if one wants to be awake.

It's always going to be GTY for as long as the wider industry uses this designation- Azamara changing it would just lead to wholesale confusion for travel agencies so as we say let sleeping dogs lie even if one wants to be awake.

There's a certain plural feline on another forum who has been trying to get people to stop calling the old Renaissance fleet 'R-ships' – similarly without success. R-ships they are, and R-ships they will stay. [And long may they wave ;p]

We booked such a room on Celebrity Constellation for a sailing next May. Reserved an A8 Ocean View room. We were surprised to be allocated a more expensive A6 room the very next day. Not a large upgrade, but an upgrade nevertheless, with a large saving of around £700. And a drinks package thrown in as well. We were very happy with that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There's a certain plural feline on another forum who has been trying to get people to stop calling the old Renaissance fleet 'R-ships' – similarly without success. R-ships they are, and R-ships they will stay. [And long may they wave ;p]

OK, I call them Ren- Ships, but "R" is good.

Phil

Phil,

This was my original post:

"Joe,

I use a travel agent that sends me an invoice with all the particulars of fees, insurance, deposits and date of final payment. When she books this she has a cabin number and it is on that invoice along with the booking number which you need to do the online information. Of course you can't print anything until final payment, but you should have your cabin number. If you have just book standby for an upgrade, you may not get that cabin number until final payment. I always have a booked cabin and on standby for upgrade, but I pay for the upgrade, it is not complimentary. If you use a TA ask them. I have always used a TA since they can get better communication service with the cruise lines than I can get directly. They have their go to person with different cruise lines and I would just get pot luck if I called. ":

==================================================

My statement in blue must be the GTY.

I have re-read it and still don't see where I am putting out bad information. I am old and a little senile, and sometimes need to have something explained better in detail. I certainly would not want to put out poor or bad information or confuse anyone.