Disembarkation time in Seattle?

NCLfamily

The Pearl docks at 8am and our itinerary states a 2 hour wait until disembarkation begins. Is this adhered to?

Planning flights for next summer.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You may well find that the ship arrives earlier than advertised but getting off totally depends on the presence of Customs and Immigration staff. If they are short in numbers the wait will be longer especially for cruisers are not US or Canadian citizens. Also slower if Seattle is the first landfall since leaving Canada as Customs and Immigration will be more active than if arriving from another US port.

We would always expect to take 2 hours from docking and are happy if we get away earlier.

I would not plan a flight before 1 P.M.

Summer is prime freeway construction season especially on weekends.

Sometimes SeaTac Airport is really backed up especially through Security and with several cruises ships disembarking passengers, there might be a wait there.

Have you thought about staying in Seattle a day or two either pre or post cruise?

Thanks www. We were planning a week in Seattle. But a few friends are saying Vancouver is nicer? So currently looking at 2/3 days Seattle and 4/5 days Vancouver using Amtrak to go between???

I would do 2/3 in Vancouver and as much time as possible in Seattle. Yes, travel by Amtrak.

Where are you planning to stay in Seattle? I spend a few days in Seattle in June, ran of time to see all the things I wanted. Lots of road and building construction happening right now.

When we were going to stay a week we were thinking of renting a house. If it's 2/3 days then probably a downtown hotel. I'll take any recommendations for either an area for a house or hotels

There are several long term stay hotels in the downtown Seattle area. The ones I can readily find are all Marriott Hotel properties. The ones I am finding are all in the South Lake Union area close many major attractions and NOT that far from the Bell Street Cruise Terminal.

Thanks www. We were planning a week in Seattle. But a few friends are saying Vancouver is nicer? So currently looking at 2/3 days Seattle and 4/5 days Vancouver using Amtrak to go between???

The ship docks before dawn..somewhere between 5:30 and 6:30am. Unless there are unusual clearance problems, they're almost always announcing the first walk offs by 7:30..8 at the latest.

Both Vancouver and Seattle have a lot going for them, hard to choose between the two. I'd say you're making the right choice of balance, but I like Vancouver a lot..others may not feel the same.

Amtrak between the two is usually fine, unless there's track maintenance or other issues.

Edit: not clear if you're doing Vancouver/Seattle before the cruise or after. If you are asking about airport departure times after a cruise, I would not book a flight before 11am. But that's just me..I don't like to be rushed. Traffic in Seattle can be awful, but having said that, on all our Seattle cruises we have booked after 11am and always been at the airport by 9 or so, with plenty of time before our flight.

Edited by VideoTech

Lots more great info thanks. We will most likely be travelling home as soon as we get off the cruise. Most transatlantic flights are post 4pm anyway. I had a idea we might fly to and from Vancouver but that is going to prove more costly, so probably Seattle both ways.

This is our first Alaska cruise and I am in the process of booking our flights back from Vancouver to Texas. We are cruising on the Jewel on a 10-day from Seattle to Vancouver Sept 17-27. The schedule for our Sept 27th arrival in Vancouver has 8am. I had planned to use the Aerocar service to transfer from the terminal to YVR. Will it be pushing it to book our flight back from YVR to Texas at 12:25pm?

If we show our boarding passes on the Jewel, will they allow us an early disembarkation?

Lots more great info thanks. We will most likely be travelling home as soon as we get off the cruise. Most transatlantic flights are post 4pm anyway. I had a idea we might fly to and from Vancouver but that is going to prove more costly, so probably Seattle both ways.

We went in May - Seattle round trip - did +3 nights pre cruise in Seattle - For sure we will return and absolutely add on again at the end. We loved Seattle, its a great city.

Be warned on return, BA wont let you check your baggage in until 4 hours prior to flight - the luggage storage in SeaTac is in the arrivals block - we ended up hanging around the wine bar - doing a loooooooooong lunch etc. We had passes for "The Club at Sea" exec lounge but didn't get much use out of them as I think we got to check in at around 3.30pm and the club closed at 5.30pm.

The ONLY unfriendly people we met in Seattle were BA ground crew - the guy was a wee pumped up Ned in a suit and it took all the patience in the world I have not to "gan aff ma heid" at him - first class pl&*nker.

I've got a feeling our return flight was around 7pm ish?

Our only regret we didn't plan that day better and for sure would have def had another night or two in Seattle after the cruise as well as beforehand.

I have a review on the Celebrity board - I'm sure you will recognise some of the page one views ;)

When we were going to stay a week we were thinking of renting a house. If it's 2/3 days then probably a downtown hotel. I'll take any recommendations for either an area for a house or hotels

We stayed at The Warwick Hotel and it was very central to everything. Booked it really early on bookingdotcom - in fact I had a few hotels booked via them early on - and it more than paid off to do that - I kept watching the deals and cancelling out etc (no penalty) - I think we paid $371 US for THREE nights -(no one can believe the deal we got!) it was really good. Rooms were lovely - and a great restaurant in the hotel itself. Our daughter booked a few weeks before to join us, and they couldn't get anywhere near the price we paid - whatever you choose - start the bookingdotcom early booking game soon as you can - For sure it pays!

We stayed at The Warwick Hotel and it was very central to everything. Booked it really early on bookingdotcom - in fact I had a few hotels booked via them early on - and it more than paid off to do that - I kept watching the deals and cancelling out etc (no penalty) - I think we paid $371 US for THREE nights -(no one can believe the deal we got!) it was really good. Rooms were lovely - and a great restaurant in the hotel itself. Our daughter booked a few weeks before to join us, and they couldn't get anywhere near the price we paid - whatever you choose - start the bookingdotcom early booking game soon as you can - For sure it pays!

I second the Warwick Hotel in Seattle. Great location and a lovely hotel.

Thanks folks. Favourite just now is a lake house on Bainbridge Island (30 min ferry to downtown Seattle). Just waiting on flights becoming available.

Blondie [emoji23][emoji23]

Thanks folks. Favourite just now is a lake house on Bainbridge Island (30 min ferry to downtown Seattle). Just waiting on flights becoming available.

Blondie [emoji23][emoji23]

You read it then :D

The guy Rich who did our glass art (I'm referring to the review here- owns an amazing B&B on Whidbey Island - don't know if you want to check that out? I have a web address for him somewhere? I am told Whidbey is beautiful - I think its a bridge though not a ferry? Not sure - it did enter my head to mention it?

Edited by Blondie008

We returned last Sunday from NCL Pearl. We did 2 days beforehand in Seattle and honestly could've probably done 5 days easy and still miss stuff. If you are a Starbucks fan, do not miss the roastery and tasting room which is 9 blocks from Pike Place and unbelievable. If you are a wine drinker, there is a wine trail about 20 miles from Seattle with more than 75 wineries - wow! The Pearl stops in Victoria which is on Vancouver Island and we thought it was a charming and idyllic city and we could easily visit there for a few days.

Back to your question, we did the NCL transfer and they gave us a disembarkation time of 8am. There were walk-offs leaving by 7:30. We left just before 8am and our bus was already more than half full. Our flight was 12:50pm and we had a 3 hour wait in the airport.

Another one getting off Pearl in a couple of weeks. We planned on taking LINK from Westlake station to the airport. I guess a taxi to get to Westlake? Our flight leaves at 12:55 pm. Anyone see any problems with this or have any suggestions? I hate paying for over priced taxi rides!