Getting off Oasis and to airport during spring break?

Hi everyone,

I did a search on this subject, but didn't find info specific to spring break/Easter week. We usually cruise in the off-season and don't know what to expect.

Getting off Oasis...how crazy is it? How much time should we allot to get off ship and to airport?

Have to book flights...there is a 1pm flight which I know is safe...then there is an 11am flight which would save me $400! Can it be done?

Anything else we should know about cruising at a high-volume time? Thanks!

You should have no problem making the 11am flight. I would either do self-assist diesembarkation, or visit Guest Services and arrange to get luggage tag numbers that will get you off the ship before 8:30am. Take a taxi to the airport.

Edited by clarea

If you are flying at 11AM, you will want to do self-disembarkation.

We were on Oasis during the busy summer month of July - last month. We got off the ship at 6:45AM and we got off as fast as we could walk, including customs. Nobody, anywhere. Just walked right off. If you aren't familiar with self/express debarkation, you just keep your bags in your room with you. Then in the morning, walk off before 8AM - the sweet spot I was told is around 6:45 and that's what we did. You don't need to sign up or do anything other than wake up and walk off the ship. We drove home west of Fort Lauderdale and we got to the house at 7:20AM...

Save the $400 and do the early flight with express/self-debarkation.

Getting off the ship during spring break is no different than any other week as far as the # of passengers. The ship has about the same amount of passengers every week all year long.

Edited by setsail

Since the OP is speaking of Spring Break next year....that means the Oasis will be in Port Canaveral......

That will add the hour drive time to the airport.....

Good catch. How did everyone miss that.

Getting off the ship during spring break is no different than any other week as far as the # of passengers. The ship has about the same amount of passengers every week all year long.

Lots of families tend to slow down customs in my experience. They never have paperwork in order for the kiddos

As suggested do self assist and do a taxi or driver. The ships shuttle can sit until full before it leaves and depending on which airlines your terminal might not be the first stop.

We have done Oasis at spring break and using luggage express we were off and out as fast as any ship we have sailed.

Hi everyone,

I did a search on this subject, but didn't find info specific to spring break/Easter week. We usually cruise in the off-season and don't know what to expect.

Getting off Oasis...how crazy is it? How much time should we allot to get off ship and to airport?

Have to book flights...there is a 1pm flight which I know is safe...then there is an 11am flight which would save me $400! Can it be done?

Anything else we should know about cruising at a high-volume time? Thanks!

So, in conclusion:

Book http://www.cortransbus.com for your trip to MCO. Book the 1 P.M. flight.

:)

I've never done the cab route before, always the ship transfers. Is it easy to get a cab?

Easy to get a taxi, but expensive to get to MCO from Port Canaveral in a taxi. Some friends of ours had to do it a while back and it was around $100.