Clothes lines

halp79

Are the cabins on rccl equipped with clothes lines?

There was one on the Allure when we went several years ago, but we were in a Junior Suite.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can never get my swimming suit dry on those clothes lines anyhow, and I'm too afraid to put anything out on the balcony, even with a clamp, so I always bring two suits and alternate throughout the week, always putting on the driest one.

Best way to dry a damp (not soaking wet) object is to hang it on a hanger, and hang the hanger from the AIR VENT in the cabin! In the bathroom....takes all day long to dry. Wrap wet items in a towel...squeeze out excess water...and do as I said....fast drying!

For bathing suits...after your last dip..rinse off in the shower...air dry on deck. You don't need to re-rinse your suits!

Edited by cb at sea

There was one on the Allure when we went several years ago, but we were in a Junior Suite.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can never get my swimming suit dry on those clothes lines anyhow, and I'm too afraid to put anything out on the balcony, even with a clamp, so I always bring two suits and alternate throughout the week, always putting on the driest one.

After you rinse out your suit, roll it up in a dry bath towel, and put it on the floor and WALK on it. This will get the maximum amount of moisture out of the suit. Hang it up - I just put it on one of the hooks on the bathroom door - and it should be dry by morning.

:)

After you rinse out your suit, roll it up in a dry bath towel, and put it on the floor and WALK on it. This will get the maximum amount of moisture out of the suit. Hang it up - I just put it on one of the hooks on the bathroom door - and it should be dry by morning.

:)

By the way, the shower gel in the tube makes a GREAT hand-wash detergent. :)

For those ships that do have a clothesline in the shower, we always bring 3 or 4 plastic clothes hangers to hang on the line to maximize drying space, along with a couple of clothespins or binder clips to keep the hangers from sliding around. As others have mentioned, it will take longer for things to dry in the shower stall, so we always have a couple of sets of bathing suits/compression shirts that we wear in the sun.

The tip from others about rolling and wringing wet items of clothing in a towel is something we do regularly as well.

was the last time we cruised on Oasis, also had them on Allure.

We were on the oasis 2 weeks ago, had 2 connecting rooms. No clotheslines, but a few "hooks" in the shower and in the bathroom. When we really needed more space to hang wet suits I used clothespins and clipped them to our chairs on our balcony.

I always carry a couple of disposable hangers with rotating hooks to dry bathing suits. That way I can hang it from the towel racks, or the front of the shower. Or the back of a chair if we have a balcony. Much better air flow generates quicker drying.

Freedom had the Clothesline in the show in our promenade cabin last month. But they don't get much air circulation there.

I always take 2 or 3 bathing suits because I hate putting on a damp bathing suit. And I am in the water once or twice most days of a cruise.