drink prices

nunuc2000

Someone recently mentioned that the cost of some of the fancier drinks, i.e. chocolate martinis, etc., had gone up just a short time ago, pricing them out of the UBP inclusions. (I think they suggested the new prices for those types of drinks was around $18 or $19?!?)

Does anyone have very recent drink prices or pics of the bar menus to give us an idea of what is or is not currently included in the UBP?

Edited by nunuc2000

Someone recently mentioned that the cost of some of the fancier drinks, i.e. chocolate martinis, etc., had gone up just a short time ago, pricing them out of the UBP inclusions. (I think they suggested the new prices for those types of drinks was around $18 or $19?!?)

Does anyone have very recent drink prices or pics of the bar menus to give us an idea of what is or is not currently included in the UBP?

Did you get to choose from Norwegian's free at sea? Because one of the two things you can pick is unlimited drinks for the first two passengers on your reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've seen a couple threads with pics of bar menus. They weren't all inclusive because they were talking specifically about vodka. Look for the thread entitled something like "Getaway flavored vodka." I only remember the thread name because that would be an odd flavoring. ;):D

Did you get to choose from Norwegian's free at sea? Because one of the two things you can pick is unlimited drinks for the first two passengers on your reservation.

The "free" beverage package includes drinks up to $15. Beyond that, the passenger pays the rest.

OP's concern is that prices have been raised for some items beyond what UBP would cover.

They aren't unlimited as far as selection. That promo is the UBP the OP is talking about. It covers drinks up to $15. NCL has now prices some of the premium drinks higher than the cap on the UBP.

I am very interested too! There is a mega TR that Smitty74 is doing where he has taken a lot of pictures. He just started posting it so I am hopeful that he has these pictures. However for good measure I asked if he has them in the thread.

Edit: So he has some in his flickr album that are not yet posted.

Edited by fastman86

All credit due to Smitty74.

Sorry if there are duplicates. There may have been more but i think this gives a good idea.

28607757820_4bc02940fa_c.jpg

28894479255_a66ec4bb0c_c.jpg

28894485875_62a44ac77b_c.jpg

28279471573_729fa4c62b_c.jpg

28279472843_7a5a52a2ba_c.jpg

So the prices are actually not that bad except for some of the more fancy drinks and wine

Edited by cruiseveryday

Even then I bet if you use a cheaper liquor some would even be included.

Depends on the bartender - some will not substitute a lower priced alcohol and charge the lower price. I found many to be quite inflexible when I was on the Escape last fall. Then again I found then a rather unhappy and unfriendly lot in general, but I was on the transatlantic and they were short staffed, lots of new staff to train and lots of "suits" around breathing down their necks so I'm willing accept this was not normal. From recent reports the Escape bar staff seem to have settled in nicely :D

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

What about frozen drinks? I don't get UBP but like to order the occasional pina colada, I really don't want to pay $18 for one.

I don't know how much the cost was but, Pina Coladas fall under the cap. We had the UBP in January on the Escape and my sister drank at least three everyday. I had a few frozen margaritas everyday too. Never was charged extra.

Seems like they've streamlined the menu a bit. Listing brands without flavors. I can only hope this means they've come to their senses and realized its absurd to charge $16.95 for goose flavors when regular is $9.50.

Regardless, there really is still plenty to drink for under $15. I guess at this point theres not much more I can do besides get on board and see for myself.

Have these prices actually gone up? The 50 Bulleit Rye manhattans and Bombay Safire martinis I had in February were all $8.50 as shown above for premium hooch. OK, maybe just 40. Nah, closer to 50.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Each bar has its own special menu. Many of the drinks are common in between bars, but a couple of them are specials, and only available at that bar. the menu Fastman posted was from the "bar 21" on the breakaway. It was definitely had the most high end, Expensive cocktails on the ship. I would say that that overall, 95% of the cocktails available are below the $15 UBP limit. the ones that are not are usually made with some high end liquor of some sort.

Have these prices actually gone up?
Yes, some prices have gone up since you cruised in February, not all. The new menus are dated "7/16", so this is very recent. Bulleit and Bombay are classified as "premium" brands, and that price has not changed ($9.50/shot).

"Super premium" brands went up from $10.95 to $16.95/shot. :eek: Note that the bottle price has not changed ($139), so it's clear to me that this is targeted specifically at UBP holders, either to get them to drink cheaper stuff, or to see if they are willing to pay $2 or $3 per drink for these brands.

Most cocktail prices have stayed the same, but they have introduced some new ones, and there are now quite a few cocktails that cost $17.95. There was really nothing anywhere near that price before, so again it looks like they want to see what UBP drinkers will do. All of the following cost $17.95 (some already mentioned above):

• Dark & Stormy (Gosling's Black Seal, ginger beer, lime)
  • Paloma (Patrón silver, Pellegrino grapefruit, lime)
  • Spanish Gin & Tonic (Prairie organic, tonic, lime)
  • Apple Blossom (Ultimat, apple, orange, cranberry, lime)
  • Belvedere Peach Nectar (Belvedere, peach, ginger ale, lime)
  • Rum Cake (Pyrat XO, Godiva dark, Chambord, cream)
  • Ciroc Cosmopolitan
  • Chocolate or Espresso Martini
  • Jalapeño Cucumber Mojito (Zacapa 23, syrup, lime, jalapeño, cucumber, club soda)