Which terminal at Gatick?

Nancy48

Well I have searched this forum but cannot find a definitive answer to my question, so am hoping someone will be able to help. As yet we haven't been allocated our flights from Gatwick to Barbados for our Caribbean cruis. However would quite like to get an early booking deal on airport hotel and parking. So it would be really helpful to know which terminal they will use. I thought that it would be South terminal but have seen mention of North in some posts.

So would be rally grateful if anyone can tell me what is the most likely?

Many thanks,

Nancy

Hi, thanks for that. I have been told that it will be a charter flight with either Thomsons or Thomas Cook, with an outside chance of BA. Will check out the website as you suggest, wasn't sure whether Charters used the same terminals as the scheduled for the various companies.

Cheers,

Nancy

I believe we flew with Thomson last time and that was from Gatwick North and think their flights for Barbados are only from the North Terminal. If it tells you who your carrier is on your flight info perhaps if you check the Gatwick website it will confirm which terminal they operate from.

Thank you all for your comments. I think NauticalMiss definitely puts the lid on this discussion though, as it seems anything is possible. Will just have to be patient, not something I find easy😉.

Thanks again

Nancy

Hi- Thomson operate out of North. There's a very good Premier inn at North, that is right opposite the terminal at North. We've used it many times. You can always pop on the monorail (2 mins away) to get to South if you end up flying from there? If you need parking , they do a sleep/park /fly package - we did this and the hotel + parking is very reasonable.

:cool:

It does not matter which terminal you use. There is a very efficient people mover between the terminals. Most hotels are at the north terminal. Thomson use north terminal.

I think they have a free monorail service. You can observe the set up on YouTube if you simply search for Gatwick Monorail. It will be geared up for people with luggage.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Thank you for that. As I am disabled and my poor husband has to struggle with luggage and me and wheelchair etc., was hoping to get hotel near to terminal to minimise the stress levels. Will just have to wait until flights are given, guess that will be about six months prior?

Thank you everyone for all your help,

Nancy

Oh I am being very early with this, we don't fly until February 2018. We are. doing a Caribbean cruise right over our Golden Wedding Anniversary and it is all a bit of an event for me. Was taken ill six years ago and couldn't fly at all at first. Earlier this year I did my first flight to Venice which I just about coped with, and it made me decide we would do this one for our 50th. We had talked about it for years and I know if we don't do it we will regret it in years to come. So it's stiff upper lip and get on with it. But obviously anything we can do to make it easier will be a help. Hence the extreme forward planning😊.

I think I am just going to have to be patient and wait for all the details. I had really thought it would be very straightforward, but clearly not. Now I've just got to wait. And then I will be worrying about getting a seat next to my husband. We have pushed the boat out (sorry that's bad) and booked PremiumEconomy, but I understand with a 3 3 3 configuration we could still be separated, and as we are only Atlantic tier we won't be able to have first pick of seats. Oh I do like a good worry🤔🤔.

Thanks again

Nancy

Oh I am being very early with this, we don't fly until February 2018. We are. doing a Caribbean cruise right over our Golden Wedding Anniversary and it is all a bit of an event for me. Was taken ill six years ago and couldn't fly at all at first. Earlier this year I did my first flight to Venice which I just about coped with, and it made me decide we would do this one for our 50th. We had talked about it for years and I know if we don't do it we will regret it in years to come. So it's stiff upper lip and get on with it. But obviously anything we can do to make it easier will be a help. Hence the extreme forward planning😊.

I think I am just going to have to be patient and wait for all the details. I had really thought it would be very straightforward, but clearly not. Now I've just got to wait. And then I will be worrying about getting a seat next to my husband. We have pushed the boat out (sorry that's bad) and booked PremiumEconomy, but I understand with a 3 3 3 configuration we could still be separated, and as we are only Atlantic tier we won't be able to have first pick of seats. Oh I do like a good worry🤔🤔.

Thanks again

Nancy

Nancy, how wonderful that you are taking the bull by the horns and going for it! One thing to give you peace of mind - as you have booked Premium seats, please be assured that the configuration is 2-3-2 on both Thomson and Thomas Cook. I am a reluctant passenger and we have always managed to book two seats together, although it does cost a little extra (totally worth it, IMO). You can do this approx 14 weeks prior to your departure date. Have fun planning your special cruise :)

I shouldn't worry about leaving it till later to book a hotel room. We flew from the North Terminal (which we prefer) in February but I didn't book the hotel until just before Christmas with no problem. At the North Terminal we stay in the Sofitel which has a walkway to the terminal and at the South Terminal we stay at the Hilton which also has a walkway to the terminal.

I have always found when travelling with my disabled husband that the airline book us seats together as I am his carer. Do hope you have a great holiday. Don't get worrying too much there are always people who will help if you have assistance.

How wonderful to have a special cruise to celebrate your Golden Anniversary. Have you requested Special Assistance for at the airport. They will help your husband with luggage etc. As a disabled passenger the seat planes may be specific ones for you also. Check some of your queries out with your Travel Agent or the P&O flight office as they may be able to ease your concerns.

We fly at Xmas with Thomson from Gatwick to Barbados. Thomson use North terminal for flights. Premier Inn did a really good price a few months ago and many of those on our flight booked to stay there the night before our flight.

Enjoy the build up to your cruise.

June:)

Hello there,

Once your flight number is confirmed on your cruise personaliser (MT for Thomas Cook, TOM for Thomson, from memory), have a look at the LGW website to see which terminal your applicable airline is operating from:

http://www.gatwickairport.com/flights/which-terminal/

Some airlines are moving terminals but I think it's only BA, EZY and VS.