How do you get an EGGCRATE???

tinaparrotthead

You wouldn't believe how many answers from Princess I have received (I called several times) on this one simple question....How can I request an eggcrate for our bed. So, I'm coming to the best source for all questions about crusing....this board!!!!:) Can anyone tell me what your experiences have been? How did you request it? Did you get it? Was it difficult? Thanks everyone!!!!!!

Golden 11/12/05

Carnival Miracle 11/23/04

we got one when the steward came to introduce himself. We just asked for it and it was on our bed by night. I've cruised twice: once without one, and this last time with one..... GET ONE! It helps the mattresses stay together through the course of the night (anyone who has ever woken up in "the crack" knows what I'm talking about). It made the bed more comfortable than my bed at home! Another reason to never want to leave!

Be aware that they have a limited supply of eggcrates and don't have enough for everyone who requests it. So, request it early. If your steward says that they're not available, it's not his fault. Mine immediately got a couple of extra blankets, folded them over and put them under a tightly tucked bottom sheet. Voila! Instant mattress padding.

We cruised the CB about a month ago and we requested an egg crate as soon as we boarded the ship. Our room steward looked at us like we had three heads and said that they don't have them and that we have a mattress pad on the bed that should take care of the crack between the beds. He was wrong. DH and I were falling in the crack all week long.

After reading this thread I guess we should have called someone else and requested one since they do seem to have one. I will keep in mind the blanked trick in case this happens again in the future.

My mother always brings her own along (one of those space foam types). Eventhough it takes up a lot of space, she can't be without it.

That being said on the Star Princess trans-Atlantic Copenhagen to NYC last month, the room steward saw the she had one and the next night one appeared on my bed without asking. I don't mind the bed, just those darned little toothpick thingies.

Once you meet your Cabin Steward slip him/ or her a 20 dollar bill and ask for it politely (and robes if you want them). The eggcrate will be on your bed before you get back from dinner and robes hanging up in the closet.

Most folks get them without slipping a $20 bill. It's part of their job.

I asked on this board previously just who to fax to make this request, and what number to use and was also told "just ask your cabin steward".

On arrival on the Island Princess on 9/23/05 we immediately asked our cabin steward for an eggcrate foam mattress pad. He also looked at us like we were nuts. We asked again several times, and he never could help us. I think it was partly due to his very poor English skills. I suppose we could have called the front desk and requested it, but we finally just gave up. I really needed one for my mother, who is disabled.

So, for those who have faxed before, if we ever take another Princess cruise, just who do we fax, and what is the fax number????

We just got off the Dawn last Friday. I requested the eggcrate via my TA and she faxed princess with the request. It was on our bed when we boarded. It was so worth it. Our friends next door didn't request one so they ask the room steward and he had one on that night. Happy Sailing!

When we were going on the Tahitian Princess in 2004, I read this board avidly. Someone kindly suggested I fax Princess with my request together with the number, date of the cruise and cabin number as there are not a huge amount of the Egg crates on each ship. I did this about a week before our cruise and when we boarded the Tahitian sure enough, our bed was already made up with the Egg Crate.

We felt that Princess are very efficient and were very thankful to them. I am going to do the same when we sail on the Regal in January.

Jennie

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna order one cuz I heard how hard the mattresses were. We currently have the "Heavenly" mattress so I was worried. However, the mattress we got wasn't all that bad (I think they were replacing mattresses on the previous cruise). Only thing is, the crack is really annoying.

I faxed On Board Services 661-284-4770 about 1 week before our cruise. It was on our bed when we got to our cabin along with extra soft pillows I requested. I put on the fax all our pertinent info along with the request. We cruised the Sun 10/19/05 hope this helps.

Donna

Jennie,

We will be on the TP on Nov 20th and want to request the eggcrate pad. What fax number did you you? This board has shown:

Pre-Cruise 661-753-0182 and

On Board Services 661-284-4770

Debbie,

This is the number we used 661 284 4745 but I have seen the other numbers listed as well.

Jennie

We asked our room steward when we met him for the egg crate mattress and down feather pillows. He didn't understand, but when we said the foam mattress and feather pillows, he knew. We gave him $5 then and we had the mattress and pillows within 20 min.:D

Archived