Do the countdown clocks turn into the Sailed Banner?

FijiFlip

I see how to make a countdown clock but can not figure out how peeps make the "Sailed" Banner in their signature. Does the countdown clock turn into it once the sail date is in the past? If so, is it possible to make one for past sailings that you did not do a countdown clock for?

I don't know the answer about making them for past cruises, but yes, once the counter gets down to zero days left it changes to "sailed." And it will stay that way forever. It's considered by many to be good etiquette to then remove them at this point because otherwise, they just clutter people's signatures. I mean, no offense, but no one needs to see a banner that says you sailed on a cruise two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agreed, much neater to just have a small list.

Speaking of taking up too much room ... about time you double-banked your countdown clocks, Gut. :p

Last time I did I got complaints it was too wide for some screens.

Though you seem to have the same as me.

some people just do not go in & remove the banners

You can block the signatures so you do not see the list of "sailed" banners ;)

Thank you for that little tidbit, LHT. For some time I have been annoyed (Yes, I know, First World problem.) by the fact that most signature blocks are longer than most CC posts. With little head scratching, I was able to figure how to implement your suggestion. My life is much better now. :)

Thank you for that little tidbit, LHT. For some time I have been annoyed (Yes, I know, First World problem.) by the fact that most signature blocks are longer than most CC posts. With little head scratching, I was able to figure how to implement your suggestion. My life is much better now. :)

LOL Yes I agree so much more pleasant reading the forums

I should have put to go to USER CP & change the settings

Lyn

Thanks everyone for the great information and advise. My wife and I have been cruising now for a number of years but I haven't really taken advantage of Cruise Critic like I should. Our next cruise is on the Carnival Vista and I thought I would be more active here this trip. :D

Thanks again!

Phil and Cindy