Epic- Le Bistro or La Cucina?

Zippeedee

Tonight is my 90th day so I can book my specialty dinners. I have four so have chosen the Cirque dinner and Teppanyaki.

On the Gem, I had a wonderful first night meal at Le Bistro with excellent food and service. The waitstaff at La Cucina didn't quite know what to do with a solo diner and the food was "disappointing". Now the menus have changed and the lamb chops are gone from Le Bistro but they do have them at La Cucina.

I know food is totally subjective and who knows what changes will happen between now and November, but can anyone who has been on the Epic since the menu changes comment? Has La Cucina improved? Is Le Bistro still good?

I enjoyed my steak at Cagney's but got a runaround over my sides and the portions were tiny. Not sure I want to do that again, but if I do, is it better to book Cirque last and just pay for it?

Any help appreciated.

La Cucina has a lovely upscale menu now, it is not the Olive Garden menu by my house. Le Bistro was great on Getaway. If you have a 4 meal package, why not do both? You can eat at Cagneys for under 20....

Thanks everyone! I booked Le Bistro for my birthday on the first night and chose Cagney's. I can always add La Cuchina if I hear good things on the ship. It only took a few minutes to book my spa pass, all of my shows and dinners. Happy to report the option to just book for one was working this time too.

Le Bistro hands down.. Better food; better atmosphere, better service and even with the a la carte changes better menu.. And you dont have to walk through the rabble of the school canteen to get to it :rolleyes:

La Cacina is located aft under the buffet on the Epic. I would go to Le Bistro.

No, both are forward.

We did Epic Westbound TA twice and once we dined in La Cucina as we were going thru the Strait of Gibraltar and heading westward into the sunset - glorious 180 views.

Epic has the best Garden Café (yes, it's forward, not aft) ... well, I was just thinking about the Epic ... yes ... IMO Epic has the best restaurants - settings, design, ambience, locations, size, etc.

I would drop the Teppanyaki as it's one fixed price, and pick Le Bistro, La Cucina and Cagney's to use the UDP, so you can eat what you want without worrying about the high entrée prices.

ENJOY!!

Yes, it is forward, but under the "trough" - you have to walk through it. It lacks that Tuscany feel of GA and BA.

Yes, La Cucina was renovated during the dry dock. But I heard (and saw the pictures) it now has a more upscale look.

Edited by bluesea777