Buy Bottle of Alcohol Onboard For Our Cabin

candydane

Can I use my OBC to prepay a gift to ourselves of a bottle of scotch? In the past I have always just paid for it, but we have so much OBC this time. Or can I use the OBC once on board to buy it then?

Wait until you are onboard and order then. Happy sailing! [emoji568]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can I use my OBC to prepay a gift to ourselves of a bottle of scotch? In the past I have always just paid for it, but we have so much OBC this time. Or can I use the OBC once on board to buy it then?

Once on board call room service to place the order. The cost will be added to your on board account, and will net against any credit balance. You don't specifically designate which purchase is applied to OBC.

• 4 months later...

Preordering liquor is a waste of time.

If you do you still need to call room service for it. So just wait until onboard and call. It will save you the trouble of pulling out your credit card and online.

I too thought it would be nice to have them waiting in the cabin when we boarded; but only give you a voucher to call room service. On top of that, many who order liquor precruise or right after boarding won't get it until the next day as it takes time. We got ours at around 4pm second day of cruise.

If you do you still need to call room service for it. So just wait until onboard and call. It will save you the trouble of pulling out your credit card and online.

I too thought it would be nice to have them waiting in the cabin when we boarded; but only give you a voucher to call room service. On top of that, many who order liquor precruise or right after boarding won't get it until the next day as it takes time. We got ours at around 4pm second day of cruise.

I've pre ordered on a number of previous cruises. I've always received my orders on embarkation day, usually within an hour of calling room service.....:):):)

Bob

I've pre ordered on a number of previous cruises. I've always received my orders on embarkation day, usually within an hour of calling room service.....:):):)

Bob

Yes, I'm sure many do, but not everyone. They told me when it arrived next day that their is no guarantee as they don't have dedicated liquor runners and they get several hundred liquor orders to fill along with normal room service duties. So next, I'll just save myself the trouble of a 2 step process and use their 1 step process.

Yes, I'm sure many do, but not everyone. They told me when it arrived next day that their is no guarantee as they don't have dedicated liquor runners and they get several hundred liquor orders to fill along with normal room service duties. So next, I'll just save myself the trouble of a 2 step process and use their 1 step process.

Sounds like a plan then. I'm sure I'd probably do the same thing if it took me a day to get what I pre-ordered.

Have a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks for the response. I'll just wait until we board to order. We get one mini bar set up free, so I guess we'll use that the first day. That still beats the watered down & over priced drinks at one of the bars.

Question- did I read that someone (that someone being yourself) can send a gift to a stateroom for a traveler? and it can be a bottle of liquor????

Here’s a link to the Princess webpage about giving gifts:

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

You’ll need their name and one of several options to locate the recipient. Once located you can purchase any of the available gifts which includes spirits...375ml bottles vary in cost from $17.25 to $32.20 which appears to include gratuity.

I just tested this process using my wife’s name but didn’t complete the order because we’ll use OBC during our cruise for gifts instead of paying for them now.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the response. I'll just wait until we board to order. We get one mini bar set up free, so I guess we'll use that the first day. That still beats the watered down & over priced drinks at one of the bars.

I've seen comments like this before. Where are you getting "watered down" drinks? I've watched the bartenders making drinks many times and never seen anything other than a full pour and they often spill in a little extra.

I finally got to order the rum for my husband. Originally they didn't list the rum for order and told me to wait until I got onboard but i kept checking and it did show a month or so out from cruise and so I ordered it. A bit pricey but way less then some other lines.