Questions about Crown & Anchor Club

I knew what they meant. That's exactly why I made a point of making sure that my ex was unlinked from my account as soon as he moved out. No way I wanted him to get my D status when I hit it. I think I was still platinum when we broke up.

Now I'm happy I did it because he took his new girlfriend on a cruise in April. I'm glad they didn't get the D lounge.

I knew what they meant. That's exactly why I made a point of making sure that my ex was unlinked from my account as soon as he moved out. No way I wanted him to get my D status when I hit it. I think I was still platinum when we broke up.

Now I'm happy I did it because he took his new girlfriend on a cruise in April. I'm glad they didn't get the D lounge.

Boy.... that is really mean... LOL

I took a cruise with Royal Caribbean in 1994 and there was no internet or online booking at that time. It was so long ago that I don't even remember if I got a membership from RCI. Do you think that will count as points for me. I'm going on a cruise this December with RCI again. Will they honour my first cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I took a cruise with Royal Caribbean in 1994 and there was no internet or online booking at that time. It was so long ago that I don't even remember if I got a membership from RCI. Do you think that will count as points for me. I'm going on a cruise this December with RCI again. Will they honour my first cruise?

Yes, it could very well count as points for you.

Call C&A at 800-526-9723 and ask them if they can help find your cruise record.

It would help if you knew the ship name and sailing date.

Edited by clarea

Yes, it could very well count as points for you.

Call C&A at 800-526-9723 and ask them if they can help find your cruise record.

if would help if you knew the ship name and sailing date.

Thank you so much Clarea. I don't remember the exact date but I remember the month and year and name of ship. I will call

Hmmm, even if you get the status match as an SO or child, isn't your OWN points still 0? You just have the match in the status to your SO/parent.

Correct, your own points are zero, but your effective points are equal to your linked partner. No problem as long as you stay linked. However, if you unlink, your level won't change, but if you want to go to the next level, you start with your points.

Correct, your own points are zero, but your effective points are equal to your linked partner. No problem as long as you stay linked. However, if you unlink, your level won't change, but if you want to go to the next level, you start with your points.

So you're still starting at 0 then. *grin*

Now, if you retroactively got points added in for a cruise before C&A actually existed, does that count as not starting at zero? Technicalities! :)

I have a very important (to me) question. I am taking my children and cgrandchildren on a cruise 7/6/2017. I am paying for 9 people. Am I correct in assuming I do not get the points toward my next cruise- that they get the points even thought I am paying for their rooms? They may never cruise again so I think it is only fair I get their points!!

I have a very important (to me) question. I am taking my children and cgrandchildren on a cruise 7/6/2017. I am paying for 9 people. Am I correct in assuming I do not get the points toward my next cruise- that they get the points even thought I am paying for their rooms? They may never cruise again so I think it is only fair I get their points!!

You may be paying, but you do not get their points, even if they don't set up a C&A account for themselves. You will get, on your C&A account, the points for however many nights of the sailing you are on.....and that is it.

You won't get their miles, either, if you pay for their plane tickets.

:rolleyes:

Even a Painicle.

Pinnacle is the only level that does not have Same member status as the parent after your child's first completed cruise or your significant other/spouse. Only way there is to earn your own 700 points no matter what your starting status level is.

Pinnacle is the only level that does not have Same member status as the parent after your child's first completed cruise or your significant other/spouse. Only way there is to earn your own 700 points no matter what your starting status level is.

No, you can become a pinhead by marriage or cohabitation.

Yes, you can get a Pinnacle match for a significant other.

Curious if that is a new policy or not? I have more cruise points than my husband, and it was at least a couple of years ago when I was talking to C&A they said he would move to my level through Diamond + but he would have to earn his own to get to pinnacle. Curious if the policy changed or if it is a case of call back and get a different answer.