Need help with stateroom choice!

My family of 4 (Husband, 7 year old son, 3 year old daughter) are currently booked on Allure for April. We have 2 large interior connecting rooms, but I've been eyeing prices on balcony rooms for a while to see if prices would come down enough to entice us to cram into one balcony room rather than having the extra space the adjoining interiors would give us. Well darn you Royal, now I have to make the choice I've been dreading. This current sale with the kids sail free promotion as well as the additional $100 off per stateroom makes moving to a balcony room about $700 less than our 2 interior rooms. My question is what would you do? Keep the 2 interiors to have the extra bathroom and more room or cram into a balcony room since it's cheaper and we'd have a balcony to relax on? Also, if anybody has any input on whether or not a 7 and 3 year old could comfortably sleep together on the pull-out couch that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My family of 4 (Husband, 7 year old son, 3 year old daughter) are currently booked on Allure for April. We have 2 large interior connecting rooms, but I've been eyeing prices on balcony rooms for a while to see if prices would come down enough to entice us to cram into one balcony room rather than having the extra space the adjoining interiors would give us. Well darn you Royal, now I have to make the choice I've been dreading. This current sale with the kids sail free promotion as well as the additional $100 off per stateroom makes moving to a balcony room about $700 less than our 2 interior rooms. My question is what would you do? Keep the 2 interiors to have the extra bathroom and more room or cram into a balcony room since it's cheaper and we'd have a balcony to relax on? Also, if anybody has any input on whether or not a 7 and 3 year old could comfortably sleep together on the pull-out couch that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I would definitely take the balcony vs the two interior. Your kids are young enough to fit in with the space. I bet they would love looking out onto their own balcony. It is still your choice to do what you think is best for your family.

We've done the 4 in a room in all different rooms (even an inside on the Majesty) when the kids were younger. Most of those had the pullmans but we have had the sofa bed as well. With your kids as young as they are I'd say you would be fine. We didn't start getting 2 rooms until the kids were 9 and 11. If it were the same price or just a bit more I'd say get the 2 rooms, but for an extra $700 in savings and a balcony I'd go with the balcony.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I would go for the balcony without hesitation. It is nice to have a little"escape" while they are sleeping or as a way for them to see what is going on at port or sea without having to haul the gang out to,an open deck... Way more convenient!

I would call and get a price for a family balcony stateroom. They are 290 sqft on Allure and have a cubby with bunk beds. They are not usually priced on the website. Should only be a few hundred more....

You can do a YouTube search of 7330 and 7730 Oasis/Allure and see a video.

Good luck!!

I would call and get a price for a family balcony stateroom. They are 290 sqft on Allure and have a cubby with bunk beds. They are not usually priced on the website. Should only be a few hundred more....

You can do a YouTube search of 7330 and 7730 Oasis/Allure and see a video.

Good luck!!

Aren't those reserved for 5 or more people. If they make them available for 4 I thought listed them on the website.

Another vote for balcony-when our son was young-he was so tired from all the swimming, fun stuff he did in the camp-that he would sleep later than his normal 6-700 am wake-up-we were able to sit out on the balcony and relax-till he woke up-or we had to wake him up if we had an early excursion.

Aren't those reserved for 5 or more people. If they make them available for 4 I thought listed them on the website.

I got one for my upcoming Harmony TA and it's only the two of us. When i called day one to book.....the rep asked me if we wanted it for $150 more than a D1. Not sure if it was on the website or not that day.

Doesn't hurt to make the call and ask. An extra 100sqft makes all the difference. Plus extra balcony space!

I got one for my upcoming Harmony TA and it's only the two of us. When i called day one to book.....the rep asked me if we wanted it for $150 more than a D1. Not sure if it was on the website or not that day.

Doesn't hurt to make the call and ask. An extra 100sqft makes all the difference. Plus extra balcony space!

Very nice.

Thanks for the advice everybody! I went ahead and booked the balcony room. I tried for the family balcony stateroom and all seemed good until the agent went to actually book it, then she apologized and told me she didn't realize she couldn't book it for a party of 4. Boo! That extra space would have been really nice. I'm excited about having the regular balcony though so thanks again for the advice!

Thanks for the advice everybody! I went ahead and booked the balcony room. I tried for the family balcony stateroom and all seemed good until the agent went to actually book it, then she apologized and told me she didn't realize she couldn't book it for a party of 4. Boo! That extra space would have been really nice. I'm excited about having the regular balcony though so thanks again for the advice!

Call once a week.....every week. Until they tell you that Family Balconies are sold out

You will get one at some point....

Good luck

Are you working with a travel agent or on your own, that is the first question. If you are not working with a TA and you have not made final payment, sometimes they have deals you don't see on RCCL, like I found out with mine in December. My price dropped drastically moving from outside to balcony.

Call once a week.....every week. Until they tell you that Family Balconies are sold out

You will get one at some point....

Good luck

I will definitely try that, thanks! My issue is that by the time one opens up they probably won't have the kids sail free deal anymore, but I'll sure try! :)

Are you working with a travel agent or on your own, that is the first question. If you are not working with a TA and you have not made final payment, sometimes they have deals you don't see on RCCL, like I found out with mine in December. My price dropped drastically moving from outside to balcony.

I've just been going through Royal but will for sure be looking around. Thanks!

As the Mom of a "climber" make sure you are comfortable with your wee one and a balcony.

A very good point! They won't be anywhere near that balcony without us, but i did think about that. From what I've read there are locks up high on the balconies so we can lock it when we're not out there. I'm so paranoid I'll probably have a death grip on the kids while they're out there anyway. :)