Cuba added in the Destinations tab on website

Last I checked maybe a week ago prices on Fathom were $!899 pp for inside 7 nt plus taxes etc.

I guess so :confused:

Is that for the Cuba cruise ? Because I have never seen the fathom priced below $999 and that is for an inside for a Florida resident in the summer .

Is that for the Cuba cruise ? Because I have never seen the fathom priced below $999 and that is for an inside for a Florida resident in the summer .

Yes, Cuba, the ship also cruises to their new Amber Cove for 7 nts...5 nights in Amber Cove, looks like a beach resort with tours to help the residents outside the area. This is optional.

Prices for that were $259 for an OV 7 nt. Pretty good deal if you ask me.:eek:

That's too bad and the Dictators are still running the country. Average salary $25 per month plus 1 free chicken per year! Yum!

Exactly!!! I feel so,sad everyone ignores that Cuba is run by murderous communist thugs that have destroyed a beautiful country and have enslaved its citizens. Has anyone bothered to speak with the dissidents or seen them being beaten in the streets? Incredible!!

Exactly!!! I feel so,sad everyone ignores that Cuba is run by murderous communist thugs that have destroyed a beautiful country and have enslaved its citizens. Has anyone bothered to speak with the dissidents or seen them being beaten in the streets? Incredible!!

Most Americans do not remember history nor the current state of affairs in Cuba, thus thousands of Americans willing to spend thousands of $ to see an oppressed country trapped in time.

Count me out! :cool:

We saw Grand Turk and Dominica before the tourists took over, I remember when we couldn't even find a t shirt or a post card to buy from these stops!

A little confused - were you are resident of Grand Turk and Dominica before the tourists took over - or were you a tourist at the time?

A little confused - were you are resident of Grand Turk and Dominica before the tourists took over - or were you a tourist at the time?

It was in the late 90's...........both ports were not prepared. No venders, no Carlos and Charlies, no gift shops, no taxis, no badgering.

The water in Grand Turk was saphire blue, we swam right next to the ship. We thumbed a ride with another couple in the back of a farmers truck to a local bar, then walked to the only shop, a scuba/dive shop, then found a 7/11 for another beer. Elvis could have walked there and no one would have cared!!:) Best self tour we ever did!

Dominica only had one hotel in town..........nothing touristy, no one selling anything. No beaches. Those days are gone.

I have never been to Cuba and think their economy could benefit from the cruise ships. I would hate to see the "Charm" gone, but much has to be restored. I hate to see a McDonald's when we pull into port. Cruise ships have ruined so many ports, I guess it's all about money. :) The Castro brothers will not be in power forever., thank God!!

Most Americans do not remember history nor the current state of affairs in Cuba, thus thousands of Americans willing to spend thousands of $ to see an oppressed country trapped in time.

Count me out! :cool:

Apparently those who log for the good old days don't know the history or were fans of the previous brutal dictator

This is what happens when you are a Cuban and celebrate the Fathom and the US culture. Poor guy was just showing his excitement, but the Cuban dictatorship can't tolerate it. I hope Royal continues to delay Empress sailings to Cuba. It is just a money grab for the Castro brothers right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by coaster

This is what happens when you are a Cuban and celebrate the Fathom and the US culture. Poor guy was just showing his excitement, but the Cuban dictatorship can't tolerate it. I hope Royal continues to delay Empress sailings to Cuba. It is just a money grab for the Castro brothers right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Money grab is right. Very little of tourist dollars benefit ordinary Cubans. The Castros get the bulk of the profit. It is all so very sad for the people of Cuba. Most Americans don't "get it."