Hub app- what all does it do?

MaiTaiMary

You have to get purchase the Internet package to have access to this? Ok, I guess I didn't realize t

hat. :(

I thought it was just $5, if you wanted the chat feature. And the rest was free. No?

No, you're totally right ... No internet package needed to use hub app and the chat option, the $5 per device is all :)

Sorry about the confusion, just thinking since people would be using their phones more, they may be more tempted to get internet packages :)

No, you're totally right ... No internet package needed to use hub app and the chat option, the $5 per device is all :)

Sorry about the confusion, just thinking since people would be using their phones more, they may be more tempted to get internet packages :)

Stupid question I'm about to ask but I usually put my phone in airplane mode. Does the app work when your phone is in airplane?

Stupid question I'm about to ask but I usually put my phone in airplane mode. Does the app work when your phone is in airplane?

Yes, that's exactly what I do! I put it on airplane so I don't incur roaming, was still able to get onto wifi specifically for hub (free one) :)

Edited by Dearabby_84

I've been wondering if anyone has taken screen-shots of the hub app? Menus, Fun Times, etc.? That would be really easy to share with people asking for such things!

PS - Just saw your screenshots, firemanbobswife!

Edited by ourcruiseyears

I've been wondering if anyone has taken screen-shots of the hub app? Menus, Fun Times, etc.? That would be really easy to share with people asking for such things!

PS - Just saw your screenshots, firemanbobswife!

Those and the internet plans were the only ones I took. It's actually easier to post the paper FunTimes because of the way the HUB App is laid out. It's not one continuous list of things and it would require many screen shots. I don't recall seeing any menus like for the dining room but maybe I missed it. At any rate I took pics of the ones in the MDR too.

Edited by firemanbobswife

"Once you board, turn Airplane Mode ‘On’ and connect to Carnival Wi-Fi..." - Link

The link to the Carnival information doesn't tell you that to connect to Carnival Wi-Fi you must first go into your phone settings and turn the WiFi back on. When you put the phone in Airplane Mode it turns off ALL of the radios, Cellular, WiFi, and Bluetooth.

Thank you so much firemanbobswife for the screenshots!

I really hope they get this on the Miracle before next May. Where I can see myself using it is when either myself/husband may want to do our own thing for a bit like if he doesn't want to see a show or one of us scouts out whether there's a line for comedy, we can answer each other about what's going on without having to run across the ship.

We are in our late 30s/early 40s so we are quite attached to texting each other for little things here and there so I really see a benefit.

For the younger cruisers who are REALLY attached to their phones, this will be pretty much essential.

I really hope they get this on the Miracle before next May. Where I can see myself using it is when either myself/husband may want to do our own thing for a bit like if he doesn't want to see a show or one of us scouts out whether there's a line for comedy, we can answer each other about what's going on without having to run across the ship.

We are in our late 30s/early 40s so we are quite attached to texting each other for little things here and there so I really see a benefit.

For the younger cruisers who are REALLY attached to their phones, this will be pretty much essential.

You are very welcome. Glad to help!

I will deny I ever said this so don't repeat it but my wife will be 60 by our next cruise and I don't know if I'd recognize her without the glow of her iPad reflecting off her bifocals. lol We text all day every day. But then, I'm a geek and I'm in IT so I kinda pushed technology on the whole family from way back.

And ditto on thanks to FiremanBobsWife. She is an asset to Cruise Critic for sure. :)

Just in case anyone is interested, we purchased these last month for our Samsung Galaxy Notes for our September cruise in order to use the Hub App, cameras, etc. Absolutely impressed when we tested them out.

I don't think ours were that brand but same concept and yes, they worked well. I even used the lanyard that came with it for my S&S card when I wasn't using the whole thing for the phone. We have Note5 and S7 Edge and they fit great - a little tight with the rubber phone cases on but very easy to get in and out without the cases.

I don't think ours were that brand but same concept and yes, they worked well. I even used the lanyard that came with it for my S&S card when I wasn't using the whole thing for the phone. We have Note5 and S7 Edge and they fit great - a little tight with the rubber phone cases on but very easy to get in and out without the cases.

I'm glad to hear you had success with something similar! We can't wait to use these. Hubby has an Otterbox Defender on his Note5 so I am positive he'll have to remove his case. (Good time to give it all a deep cleaning!) I tested my Note6 with my rubber case on & it was a tight fit like you said. Everything on my phone in the bag worked well though. Don't think we'll have to remove them unless we make a call?

I'm glad to hear you had success with something similar! We can't wait to use these. Hubby has an Otterbox Defender on his Note5 so I am positive he'll have to remove his case. (Good time to give it all a deep cleaning!) I tested my Note6 with my rubber case on & it was a tight fit like you said. Everything on my phone in the bag worked well though. Don't think we'll have to remove them unless we make a call?

I didn't try calling with it but I did use the camera successfully with it. (lock screen has a hot link to camera so I didn't have to enter my pin to do it). But keep the plastic clean! I just took my rubber case off and left it in the cabinet with the room safe so I wouldn't lose it. I took my phone in and out too much to want to deal with the tight fit. I only used the phone in the case when off ship on a watery excursion. Yeah, I am sure the Otterbox would be too big.

I didn't try calling with it but I did use the camera successfully with it. (lock screen has a hot link to camera so I didn't have to enter my pin to do it). But keep the plastic clean! I just took my rubber case off and left it in the cabinet with the room safe so I wouldn't lose it. I took my phone in and out too much to want to deal with the tight fit. I only used the phone in the case when off ship on a watery excursion. Yeah, I am sure the Otterbox would be too big.

Will be sure to keep the plastic clean! Camera's hot links are on our lock screens already. We'll appreciate that even more in this instance.

I tend to misplace my phone throughout the day here at home so I'm hoping this little gadget will help with that issue. I'm a minimalist but that's been my one concern about using my phone for multiple things we used to pack separately. (I'm also the person who you'll find looking high & low for her eyeglasses only to see they are sitting right on the front of her face!)

One thing I'm most excited about is that I used to print out a lot of paperwork to take with us but I've put it all on Google Drive & made the items "available offline" on our cell phones (shared the docs with hubby as well). Can't wait to see how all this handy dandy stuff streamlines our travels! :D

I don't do electronics.

Well then I don't know what to tell ya.

I really like the fact that I can check my onboard account on the app. I never can get the one on the tv to work and it's maddening having to push the buttons that don't work half the time then scroll through the different menus and having to put your folio number in. But I hope they keep the paper ones too.