Lumanie Breakfast

Momma Rene

Our breakfast did not take long at all, maybe it was because we got there early. We loved everything we had for breakfast, but I have to say I loved the hash browns. It's nothing like the MDR, but more of a potato pancake, with yummy herbs and I think onions. My husband like the eggs Benedict. Nothing we had was bad, and I'm a picky eater.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would agree breakfast can take around 1 hour but on a morning with no rush it is certainly worth it. We were on Silhouette just after Luminae opened and were not impressed at all with either service or selections but this year on Solstice we were really happy with Luminae both for breakfast and dinner. Eggs Benedict, full english, porridge with fruits, gorgeous danish( limited myself to one during the week) etc etc. As an Brit who likes her cup of tea I was delighted to find this year I was served Twinings in a pot, fantastic. Just couldn't get in and out within the hour whatever time we went. Enjoy!!!

We've found breakfast in Luminae to be relaxing - enjoying both the food and the service. One item that comes to mind is Celebrity's version of Biscuits and Gravy. Not prepared the way we're accustomed to in the south, but very delicious!

I think 9 out of 12 days I had the huevos rancheros. The caramel croissants and the cherry-filled pastry were soooooo good.

We did have one very slow breakfast on the Silhouette this June. It seemed everyone disappeared. We were pretty hungry so we left and went to the buffet - unfortunately Blu was closed by then. The Luminae manager found us upstairs eating and implored us to come back down. He also offered to have the breakfast sent to the cabin. He was very apologetic and it really wasn't a big deal since the buffet was available. Service was better in Luminae after that incident. We never thought about it again on the trip but the manager was still apologizing on the last day as we were disembarking.

Our favorite breakfast (Eggs Benedict with sautéed mushrooms and corned beef hash):

IMG_4714_zpsgngzjmdh.jpg

Seared Tuna:

IMG_4677_zpsje9if7z1.jpg

Prime Rib (Cote de Boeuf): So good!

IMG_4629_zpsi3l3omkp.jpg

Wines by the Glass in Luminae:

IMG_4577_zps30xes6f6.jpg

Special Cocktails in Luminae:

IMG_4579_zpsu3nh7edx.jpg

Berry Pavlova:

IMG_4844_zps3hsouaen.jpg

I sure didn't mind seeing these pictures. :D

Looking through the pictures did bring back good memories. I can't wait to go back in January - I'd forgotten about the Bourbon and Peaches cocktail - maybe I could have that with breakfast. I do like fruit with my breakfast. :)

While on the Equinox last fall once my husband found the huevos rancheros I think he ordered them every morning. I had them twice and they were extremely good.

But we also encountered some very slow service in the mornings. Like TexSea we had some mornings in which it seemed that the staff just disappeared. One morning one woman left and returned a few minutes later with two to-go cups from Cafe al Baico. And there were some mornings in which I felt like doing the same.

We'll join the Solstice next month to spend a month on-board. Will be interesting to compare the Solstice Luminae experience with the Equinox.

We are very early risers (5:30) and will need at least coffee and croissants when we wake up before having breakfast delivered later. Can we put in a standing order with room service or would the butler handle that? There's no way I will sit at breakfast for an hour or more...looks like room service for is and hope that eggs Benny are on the room service menu!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by watchdiva

We are very early risers (5:30) and will need at least coffee and croissants when we wake up before having breakfast delivered later. Can we put in a standing order with room service or would the butler handle that? There's no way I will sit at breakfast for an hour or more...looks like room service for is and hope that eggs Benny are on the room service menu!

You will be able to order for coffee and croissants with the door hanger daily and the butler will deliver according to time requested. He may be able to do it as a standard order if you talk to him.

Eggs Benedict are not on the room service menu but I have had butlers offer it to us.

I guess we were lucky - never had slow service for breakfast in Luminae.

We also had Eggs Benedict for room service:

IMG_2253_zpslhsbfyaj.jpg

Edited by vtcruising

Thanks VT! We usually eat breakfast and lunch on our balcony so I will just write in eggs Benny on our order or talk to the butler and see what he can do for me. ON NCL suite pax can get anything they like, we just write it in on the order form. New line/new things to learn!!