Millennium and Solstice back to Europe 2018?

shipfriend_max

I have browsed the european cruise schedules again, with the result that Solstice does NOT APPEAR at any European cruise schedule for 2018 anymore.

Seems that Silhouette will sail from Amsterdam again, together with Reflection fom Southampton and Infinity and Constellation from different Med ports.

Apparently Solstice is due to return to Alaska, Millennium as well.

Eclipse is the big questionmark - maybe she will replace Infinity in Alaska??

Or maybe not Alaska ;). Who knows :D?

Or maybe not Alaska ;). Who knows :D?

What other ship should sail Alaska, if Infinity gets replaced? Eclipse is the only vacant ship for those itineraries... [emoji6]

Equinox should be very likely to sail Caribbean year-round, so two Solstice-Class and one M-Class ship should be the most possible option for Alaska in 2018... Eclipse, Solstice, Millennium.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What other ship should sail Alaska, if Infinity gets replaced? Eclipse is the only vacant ship for those itineraries... [emoji6]

Equinox should be very likely to sail Caribbean year-round, so two Solstice-Class and one M-Class ship should be the most possible option for Alaska in 2018... Eclipse, Solstice, Millennium.

How about one of those S class ships alternating Alaska with a West Coast cruise? Would appeal to West Coast citizens and world wide travelers who could make the most of cruising after flying half way around the world by joining up a West Coast and an Alaska cruise...Just an idea, the same way you can join up an Eastern Med and a Western Med or an Eastern Caribbean and a Western Caribbean...

That does not matter... ;)

There is a big difference between should and could. You are assuming that certain deployments will remain the same. This could be the case, but there again, it may not :). So there are other options if one thinks outside the box ;).

Hi @all,

Here I have found a cruise call list of the French Riviera ports: http://www.riviera-ports.com/nos-services/croisiere/planning-escale

Interestingly, both Millennium and Solstice are listed for the French Riviera, I think it is Cannes.

Just fill in the date range for 2018, and you will see.

Either those are placeholders for other ships, or they are indeed coming back to Europe, and get to be replaced by other ships on their Alaska itineraries.

I agree that they were both listed on this site. But as of now they are both gone from the 2018 dates?

I agree that they were both listed on this site. But as of now they are both gone from the 2018 dates?

Infinity and Constellation are still listed at the French Riviera, Silhouette and Reflection in fall 2018 as well.

But Millennium and Solstice are gone.

Yeah for sure it is possible to think outside the box... ;-)

When regarding the port schedules for 2018, you can reconstruct where the ships could sail in 2018.

So actually the only possible ship for Alaska is Eclipse, together with Solstice and Millennium.

All the others are allocated, more or less...

Infinity and Constellation are still listed at the French Riviera, Silhouette and Reflection in fall 2018 as well.

But Millennium and Solstice are gone.

Yeah for sure it is possible to think outside the box... ;-)

When regarding the port schedules for 2018, you can reconstruct where the ships could sail in 2018.

So actually the only possible ship for Alaska is Eclipse, together with Solstice and Millennium.

All the others are allocated, more or less...

Nothing to say the others may not be altered/swapped with Eclipse and she takes their route ;)?

My money is on Eclipse taking the Bermuda run and Summit replacing Infinity in Alaska if Infinity is indeed headed to the Mediterranean. Sending a second S class ship to Alaska is still a hassle given old Panama Canal locks vs new ones, the height of the bridge near Vancouver, etc.

My money is on Eclipse taking the Bermuda run and Summit replacing Infinity in Alaska if Infinity is indeed headed to the Mediterranean. Sending a second S class ship to Alaska is still a hassle given old Panama Canal locks vs new ones, the height of the bridge near Vancouver, etc.

;) and the winner is :D. As I said, nothing stopping Eclipse taking on a current route and moving that ship somewhere else ;). Let's wait and see if it comes to fruition.

Indeed good thoughts.

Summit as second M-Class could well be. And I think many folks would love to see an S-Class ship sailing the East Coast.

Summit was listed for Portland in 2018, but currently the list does not appear online.

For the Panama locks I do not see any problems since even the new NCL Bliss is due to sail Panama Canal in 2018.

Vancouver is a good point though, I think for Vancouver a modification of the radar mast would be needed, as it was done with Solstice as well.

All the larger ships sailing Alaska are due to sail from Seattle.

Indeed good thoughts.

Summit as second M-Class could well be. And I think many folks would love to see an S-Class ship sailing the East Coast.

Summit was listed for Portland in 2018, but currently the list does not appear online.

For the Panama locks I do not see any problems since even the new NCL Bliss is due to sail Panama Canal in 2018.

Vancouver is a good point though, I think for Vancouver a modification of the radar mast would be needed, as it was done with Solstice as well.

All the larger ships sailing Alaska are due to sail from Seattle.

I think Solstice still is a tight fit depending on the tides. Not something may want to risk on a weekly basis. Probably why Solstice only comes here twice a year.

Booked on Millenium round Japan in April 2018 and the following cruise is a repo to Vancouver. Our roll call is extremely active 18 months out and cc, Aqua and Suites all booked out and just a couple of verandahs left. Many are doing the B2B cruise.

I think Solstice still is a tight fit depending on the tides. Not something may want to risk on a weekly basis. Probably why Solstice only comes here twice a year.

So far Solstice comes twice a year only because they need a non-US port for the repositioning cruises to and from Hawaiii.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So far Solstice comes twice a year only because they need a non-US port for the repositioning cruises to and from Hawaiii.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Fully aware of why she comes here, however, Seattle return is the lesser of all Alaska itineraries, she could be doing better ones out of Vancouver.

• 4 months later...