Is Divina Going in Dry Dock Next Month?

lovelights

Yikes! Had no idea when I booked our cruise that we would be on the first sailing after drydock. I REALLY try not to do that. Hopefully everything will be done on time.

I agree with you, but we had to chose this week because of school vacation. Hopefully all will be finished and there are no issues with drydock. I have heard many horror stories from others who have sailed right after drydock, but we will hope for the best!

We're going on the 8th as well. Have you received any documents yet? We have not.

We have 4 cabins booked and none of us were able to get our documents from the MSC website. We called our travel agent and they were able to get them and send them to us.

We're going on the 8th as well. Have you received any documents yet? We have not.

We are on the Oct 8 cruise as well and I have received mine twice, once at 30 days out and again just yesterday. But I changed an emergency contact number and I can't reprint from the website as its not 20 out from the cruise date. Strange.

Dave

Edited by SnorkelBoy
additional info

We are on the Oct 8 cruise as well and I have received mine twice, once at 30 days out and again just yesterday. But I changed an emergency contact number and I can't reprint from the website as its not 20 out from the cruise date. Strange.

Dave

You have to wait for 20 days before the cruise to print the docs?

You have to wait for 20 days before the cruise to print the docs?

Bit of confusion, I can print the documents that have been sent to me right now. But I changed emergency contact info on my wife's info from me to my daughter and MSC informed me to reprint the E Docs. So when I click on the E-Tickets tab it states "Your cruise does not depart within 20 days". I also just realize I have to re-request the E Docs by clicking on a request button at the bottom of the page and can't just print them myself.

Dave

Edited by SnorkelBoy
clarity

You do? Do I need to tell my TA to contact MSC? When? About a month before? Don't the TAs know this? Sorry for all the ? :)

I called MSC this morning and the MSC rep told me to contact my TA which I did. My TA then put me on hold while she talked to MSC to initiate the eDoc process. That's how I got mine.

The term drydock is often misconstrued. Every ship after a certain number of months on the sea goes into port for several days maintenance. Sometimes the ship is lifted up out of the water (drydock), other times it's just tied up at a remote dock to allow workmen to carry out maintenance, refurbishing, upgrades, etc. that cannot be done while cruising with passengers. In the Divina's case, she has been sailing every day since last October when she left Genoa and is probably in need for some TLC. The crew is remaining on board and enjoying some down time. Passengers on the 8 October cruise will probably not see any evidence of the work accomplished unless they happened to be on board for the last cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We came off Divina on last cruise before 23 day drydock, we were told by upper staff that all carpets were being changed on ship including rooms, lots of maintenance of decking and a lots of cosmetic repairs, im sure they will scrape bottom and paint and clean propellers, they were vibrating a bit due to ocean growth on them. I am sure she will be ready and beautiful. We had a great time, and for all the reviews you read about staff and food being bad, not true, we have been on divina 2 times and both times food and staff were great

We came off Divina on last cruise before 23 day drydock, we were told by upper staff that all carpets were being changed on ship including rooms, lots of maintenance of decking and a lots of cosmetic repairs, im sure they will scrape bottom and paint and clean propellers, they were vibrating a bit due to ocean growth on them. I am sure she will be ready and beautiful. We had a great time, and for all the reviews you read about staff and food being bad, not true, we have been on divina 2 times and both times food and staff were great

Can you help with this?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2399707

Hi all,

I am a first time cruiser set to travel on the Divina on Oct 8th. I have been reading all of your posts and replies, learning many new things. I did read elsewhere that the Divina will be out of dry dock on Oct. 7th. I too have my concerns about Matthew and it's path.

Were there mechanical issues that necessitated the ship going to drydock before 5 years old? I thought these refreshes typically happened around that time? The ship was beautiful before and showed no real signs of wear this spring. Pretty impressive cosmetic refreshes