Help. Letter for kid without parents

Just about to leave for the 2 hour drive to Southampton.

Travelling on the Navigator are me, mum, our boys (15 and 11) and boys friend, also 15.

Booked through travel agent, done online check in. Docs printed. Just having a read through and see we need a notarised letter of consent from other lads parents.

I think I can get them to do a letter but don't even know what notarised is or if possible this late on

Are we likely to have issues

Notarised means you have to sign it in front of a lawyer or notary public and have them stamp and sign it as authentic. If they know of pne they could get it done quickly. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Edited by Eggfrmr

Just about to leave for the 2 hour drive to Southampton.

Travelling on the Navigator are me, mum, our boys (15 and 11) and boys friend, also 15.

Booked through travel agent, done online check in. Docs printed. Just having a read through and see we need a notarised letter of consent from other lads parents.

I think I can get them to do a letter but don't even know what notarised is or if possible this late on

Are we likely to have issues

I don't know how strict they are in Southampton, but over here, this would be a major problem.

They are very strict in Southampton. You will not be allowed on without this letter.

Get the boy's parents to get the template of the notorised letter off the web, and get to their nearest solicitor asap...they they can scan/ send it to your phone and fingers crossed this will work.

Yes I know it is Sunday, but hopefully someone in their circle of friends is a solicitor.

Good luck and let us know how you get on [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

we travelled from Southampton with our grandson in may and they did ask for the notorized letter. Royal are very strict about this and it will be needed onboard too for activities if I remember correctly.

You are correct, the letter also has to state permission for activities on board and responsibility for any medical issues that might occur. Southampton is strict, we have never been asked for anything when sailing with our grandchildren from Barcelona or Civitavecchia

We just boarded harmony with our sons friend. We got an (expensive ) notorised letter. Had it with us. No one asked to see it at all. It was never mentioned.

But this was Barcelona. Not UK.

We had to make an appointment to see a solicitor. His mum and me had to both be there (if his dad was around then he would also have to sign )

We signed in front of the solicitor. He stamped it and signed it as well

An we didn't need it

Hope it's the same for you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the OP-

I understand you are in the UK and trying to resolve this issue this morning to board in South Hampton, so here is language from the US state dept on their recommended travel letter for bringing a minor child without guardians- you could change the references from US passport to be UK, and then also add in a sentence to indicate that the Parents also grant permission to accompanying person the authorize any necessary medical decisions and to sign any waivers to participate in sports or recreational activities during this trip.

Your solicitor may need to add his/her specific language about when their appointment as solicitor ends, etc, too.

Best of luck and have a great cruise.

powelweb

----------------------------

To Whom It May Concern:

I/We, _______________________________________________________________________________ (Full Name(s) of Custodial and/or Non-Custodial Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s)) am/are the lawful custodial parent and/or non-custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of:

Child’s full name:_____________________________________________________________________ Date of Birth:________________________________________________________________________ Place of Birth:________________________________________________________________________ U.S. Passport Number:_________________________________________________________________ Date and Place of Issuance of U.S. Passport:________________________________________________

____________________________________, has my/our consent to travel with: (Child’s Full Name) Full name of accompanying person:_______________________________________________________ U.S. or foreign passport number:_________________________________________________________ Date and Place of issuance of this passport:_________________________________________________

to visit_____________________________________ during the period of ________________________. (Name of Foreign Country) (Dates of Travel: Departure and Return) During that period, _________________________________will be residing with (Child’s Name) ____________________________________________________ at the following address: (Name of Person Who Child will be Residing With in Foreign Country)

Number/street address and apartment number:_______________________________________________ City, State/Province, Country:___________________________________________________________ Telephone and fax numbers (work, cell phone and residence)___________________________________

Signature:__________________________ ______________________ Date:___________________ (Signature of Custodial Parent, and/or Non-Custodial Parent or Legal Guardian) Full Name: __________________________________________________________________________

Signature:__________________________ ______________________ Date:___________________ (Signature of Custodial Parent, and/or Non-Custodial Parent or Legal Guardian) Full Name: __________________________________________________________________________

Signed before me, ____________________________________________________________________, (Full Name of Witness) this_____________________ at _________________________________________________________. (Date) (Name of Location)

Signature:________________________________________________

On a somewhat related question.... My wife and I are bringing our daughter on her maiden voyage next year. My wife's passport is in her maiden name.

My daughter has my surname. Is this going to be a problem?

With regard to your wife, if she is booked on the cruise with other than her maiden name, she will need some sort of bridge document (marriage certificate) that documents the change in name.

With regard to your wife, if she is booked on the cruise with other than her maiden name, she will need some sort of bridge document (marriage certificate) that documents the change in name.

No we always book in her maiden name.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No problem boarding.

Not even mentioned so we didn't even bother to produce the note lads mum wrote.

Waivers for sports all signed too.

Seems like I got my knickers on a twist for no reason.

All good. Now just need the sun to come out

Constable145,

I kept my maiden name when we married. When we travel I carry a birth certificate with each passport to prove I am the mother. Pretty much every custom agent has asked my kids if I am their mum, usually while they where attached to me via baby carrier. I figured if we ever need it I would rather have proof of being the parent then risk causing an problem, we travel quite alot.

My husband and I have different last names and our daughter is actually our niece, and she has her last name. I have permanent legal custody of her (have since she was 2 months old) and I brought our copy of the custody papers. Even with the three different last names they never asked to see anything. I was shocked.

No problem boarding.

Just realize that just because it worked this time, it might not the next or for anyone else.

No problem boarding.

So glad it worked out for you!

We have always taken a letter with us whenever we have taken our grandkids on a cruise and will continue to do so BUT we have never been asked for it!:confused: These have all been Caribbean cruises: one out of NY, one out of Ft. Lauderdale and 2 out of Port Canaveral. And no one for the airlines or TSA asked to see anything.

Sherri:)

No problem boarding.

So pleased for you all - for our recent cruise from Southampton we had to produce the paperwork for our grandson and they were even going to telephone our son to verify. Our grandson is 13 years old and has been cruising with us since he was 3 - all with Royal.

Hope you all have a great time

I hope I am not taking this too off topic. I am taking my son on a cruise in Nov. I have full sole legal and physical custody of him, however biological "father" has agreed to sign a letter just in case. I was not aware there was a template/form. Is this something you get from the RCI site, or should I just do a Google search?

I hope I am not taking this too off topic. I am taking my son on a cruise in Nov. I have full sole legal and physical custody of him, however biological "father" has agreed to sign a letter just in case. I was not aware there was a template/form. Is this something you get from the RCI site, or should I just do a Google search?

A copy of the legal decree granting you sole custody should be more than enough. That's what I brought.

You can google consent letters, yes. You shouldn't need it, though. Bring a notarized copy of your custody decree. Enjoy the cruise. :)

A copy of the legal decree granting you sole custody should be more than enough. That's what I brought.

You can google consent letters, yes. You shouldn't need it, though. Bring a notarized copy of your custody decree. Enjoy the cruise. :)

Thanks so much!!!! :D