Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

Upon doing further research for Celestyal Cruise lines (not sure if this helps non-Americans), using a travel agency cuts the cost by 50%!  And for non-Americans, there is at least one Greek travel agency that cuts the cost of Celestyal cruises if you book with them.  I am not sure how much, but I bet it is at least 10-15%.  It also will book airfare, bus tours if you want to go early and see more historical stuff, and more importantly, book ferries if you want to see any of the islands.  I stumbled onto this and found two gorgeous, almost unknown islands very close to Athens that I plan on visiting when I book my Celestyal cruise.  For Americans interested, I found out Delta has nonstop flights to Athens from Boston (however, they are seasonal), but Emirates has nonstop flights to Athens from Newark, and about half the cost! I priced an Emirate economy flight and came in at under $800 with one 50 pound suit case.  I am really glad I stumbled onto this Greek cruise line as I certainly plan on booking with them, and am really excited about a cruise-the first I am excited about in a long time!  I found the proposed cost for me was around $1100 for a single cabin with port taxes-and considering there are a number of ports, I can live with that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sambamama said:

Upon doing further research for Celestyal Cruise lines (not sure if this helps non-Americans), using a travel agency cuts the cost by 50%!  And for non-Americans, there is at least one Greek travel agency that cuts the cost of Celestyal cruises if you book with them.  I am not sure how much, but I bet it is at least 10-15%.  It also will book airfare, bus tours if you want to go early and see more historical stuff, and more importantly, book ferries if you want to see any of the islands.  I stumbled onto this and found two gorgeous, almost unknown islands very close to Athens that I plan on visiting when I book my Celestyal cruise.  For Americans interested, I found out Delta has nonstop flights to Athens from Boston (however, they are seasonal), but Emirates has nonstop flights to Athens from Newark, and about half the cost! I priced an Emirate economy flight and came in at under $800 with one 50 pound suit case.  I am really glad I stumbled onto this Greek cruise line as I certainly plan on booking with them, and am really excited about a cruise-the first I am excited about in a long time!  I found the proposed cost for me was around $1100 for a single cabin with port taxes-and considering there are a number of ports, I can live with that. 

That sounds wonderful!

On 9/4/2016 at 2:17 PM, Diplomat1 said:

It is interesting that Carnival's taxes and fees are so much lower that RCCL but that's a different topic.

If you select two guests, the Inside Guarantee is $574 pp. That's $1148 for two.

When you select one guest, it is $350 pp.

When you take the next step, it changes from $350 pp to $1048.75 pp.

That is 3 times the price offered.

I've called twice and they (and their supervisor) have refused both times.

You cannot get $350 pp whether you book one or two guests. And you never could.

After having not been fixed for so long, it is intentional false advertising.

-- Diplomat

The rate has to be available . Oftentimes the intro rate isn't there. 

I know!! I am planning for September 2024 for a 7 day cruise, a 4-5 day bus tour, and probably a week or so split between the two islands of Agistra (almost unknown, very small, and gorgeous!) and Aegina (bigger with some historical stuff, but still not too well known.) As both aren't well known, prices are pretty moderate, and there are beautiful beaches on both. Each are an hour or so from Athens.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Cunard Queen Elizabeth 39 Days 8/17/27-9/25/23

Vancouver BC Canada-Barcelona $2600 solo I/s

$66 a day, great price for any line, exceptional for Cunard

And quite an itinerary, Pacific coast USA-Mex, Panama Canal, Carib, Florida, T/A, and multi Med stops

Edited by bones774
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

@bones774

You're right: that's an exceptional deal. I was on a 14-night segment of that same cruise last summer (LA to FLL, by way of the Canal), and it was thoroughly enjoyable. I think you'll love the QE. Have fun!

Jim

Don't know how segmenting this cruise would work out price wise, or even if you could.

Wish messaging was active, have a dozen questions. Never did Cunard before and I'm concerned about the comraderie so to speak

@bones774

Although I sometimes cruise solo, I took the QE cruise (and a previous Cunard cruise, on the Queen Mary 2) with my wife. But on both ships I saw a fair number of solo guests in almost every public venue. The pre-dinner cocktail scene on Cunard tends to be very sociable. On the QE, I particularly liked the Midship Bar on deck 3, but the Commodore Club on deck 10 was also popular. Also on 10 is the Yacht Club, more of a late-night disco venue. As you probably know, Cunard is dressier (in the evening) than most other cruise lines, which I think adds to the sociable atmosphere.

If you direct your questions to those on the Cunard board, you'll get even more knowledgeable opinions and information.

Jim

• Like 2

I saw that Cunard deal and thought it looked great but I am not a dress up gal.  But for that price I could swing a dress or two.  Not sure I fit the Cunard mold. I will keep an eye on this trip for next year. 

I am new at this and I think studying trends is important for me this next few months.  I have a Northen Lights booked for January,  I am keeping an eye on South America /Antarctica late 2024.  Nice bookend set of trips for the year

FYI to all reading this thread,

This is a friendly reminder regarding the title of this thread, "Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE". The topic is bargains offered by the CRUISE LINES only... NOT travel agents/agencies (online, brick & mortar, big box, etc.), promoters of hosted group cruises for singles/solos or any other source/venue for cruise purchase.

Perhaps a copy/paste of the first post by cruisinryan on the previous thread with the same title will be helpful:

A thread for single supplement/solo bargains is very helpful for solo cruisers. 🙂

There used to be one, but it disappeared 😕 ...maybe it got too big.

So let's start another one and see what happens. 

😄 Post all those great deals everyone! 😄

But remember, you can't mention specific travel agencies, just general info like:

"Cruise line .... currently has good prices for solo occupancy on .... sailing".

Note the above states general info for cruise line, ship name and sail date are all that has been requested. Please feel free to add the itinerary.

And yes, there will be times where there will be the need for additional posts requesting & receiving clarification about a previous bargain posted in this thread. However, please be considerate of your fellow Cruise Critic members. Posting off-topic chit chat within a thread (aka hijacking) is boring to some readers and wastes their time. Especially for the 201 members Following this thread at this time. They only want to know about the latest CRUISE LINE single supplement bargains.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful to all and thanks in advance for everyone's cooperation.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 5/23/2023 at 9:18 AM, bones774 said:

Cunard Queen Elizabeth 39 Days 8/17/27-9/25/23

Vancouver BC Canada-Barcelona $2600 solo I/s

$66 a day, great price for any line, exceptional for Cunard

And quite an itinerary, Pacific coast USA-Mex, Panama Canal, Carib, Florida, T/A, and multi Med stops

Thanks,but the Cunard site is showing full single supplement or +$6K.

Were you using a different site ?

48 minutes ago, vunico said:

Thanks,but the Cunard site is showing full single supplement or +$6K.

Were you using a different site ?

Initially I used online T/A but did verify it on Cunard site. Only the full cruise has that price, any segments are much more expensive. Maybe it was mistake or sold out

I don't consider 75% low but you might. Cunard has a 75% supplement in asia at the moment. 

Silversea is 25%

Ponant, Seaborn, Oceana are 0% extra for solos.

Holland America is 60%

MSC is 60%

It can be different depending on the specific cruise but that is what I just saw.

I'm not interested at the current price point but you may be. I hope this helps.

Not for everyone 🙂

Please dont "flame me!" because Iv just booked this myself ,via UK,so dont know if price is same 

everywhere?

Silversea, Silver Nova April 16th-May 9th (23 nights) Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver 

£4,200 

Not bargain basement I know ,but a veranda, butler,Champagne & caviar, wifi, tips, excursion in 

every port.Everything except flights, but any one flying from London we bought BA nonstop £600 

(including suitcase ) on Skyscanner 

A friend just booked who has not been on Silversea before & through there referral scheme we 

will both get a FURTHER  £350 each off the price so win,win.

Deposit is non refundable ,but in the UK we are used to this 🙂

Really lovely itinerary in my opinion....... 

@mandymay

Is that a solo rate or are you and your friend sharing a cabin? If it's a solo rate it's an excellent price for a 23-night cruise on Silversea. And you're right: it's a great itinerary. I've transited the Panama Canal twice, once on Silversea, and it's a memorable experience. If you have time after such a long cruise, stay a couple of days in Vancouver. It's an attractive, walkable city and the weather should be nice that time of year.

Have fun!

Jim

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

@mandymay

Is that a solo rate or are you and your friend sharing a cabin? If it's a solo rate it's an excellent price for a 23-night cruise on Silversea. And you're right: it's a great itinerary. I've transited the Panama Canal twice, once on Silversea, and it's a memorable experience. If you have time after such a long cruise, stay a couple of days in Vancouver. It's an attractive, walkable city and the weather should be nice that time of year.

Have fun!

Jim

Hi Jim,

That price is for a solo Veranda suite.

Have looked at the "included "excursions & well worth while.

Really looking forward to the Panama canal transit.

• Like 1

It's nice to see people getting these bargains, but could you please share where you found them, so that others of us can try to get them? When I looked at the Seabourn site it was over $9000 per person. And nothing about a solo rate.

37 minutes ago, akronmaid said:

It's nice to see people getting these bargains, but could you please share where you found them, so that others of us can try to get them? When I looked at the Seabourn site it was over $9000 per person. And nothing about a solo rate.

Hi, it is against CC policy to name travel agencies. I would suggest contacting the cruise line directly and speak to them about any lower single supplements they might be offering.

53 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, it is against CC policy to name travel agencies. I would suggest contacting the cruise line directly and speak to them about any lower single supplements they might be offering.

I guess I was just assuming that people were using the cruise company's websites, not travel agents. I think if I asked a travel agent about finding me low single supplements, I would never hear back!

I also didn't think it would be a good idea to click "request a quote" on the same cruise company websites for every cruise I might be interested in.

9 hours ago, akronmaid said:

I guess I was just assuming that people were using the cruise company's websites, not travel agents. I think if I asked a travel agent about finding me low single supplements, I would never hear back!

I also didn't think it would be a good idea to click "request a quote" on the same cruise company websites for every cruise I might be interested in.

Hi, personally, I wouldn't click on that but I would call the cruise line (whichever you are looking at) and speak to someone over the phone. Tell them 1 2 1 what you want, what you are looking for.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, akronmaid said:

Hi Akronmaid,

It was a SILVERSEA not Seabourn Cruise I booked via Silversea UK, not a travel agent.The price I quoted in the above was the price I paid in £ sterling.

Sorry my post was confusing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mandymay said:

Hi Akronmaid,

It was a SILVERSEA not Seabourn Cruise I booked via Silversea UK, not a travel agent.The price I quoted in the above was the price I paid in £ sterling.

Sorry my post was confusing.

Hi Jim, is that the Panama Canal Cruise on the new ship NOVA? In April? I have a deposit down on that one too!