Oasis of the Sea Formal Nights

Arkitektra

Does the Oasis of the seas have formal nights? We have cruised on Princess and love their formal nights... I've searched around and found mixed answers which seem outdated. We cruise the end of this month on Oasis for Western Caribbean... any help/info would be greatly appreciated. :)

As I read through reviews on Oasis, I see that Formal nights are dead and nobody dresses up so they have done away with formal nights and advise yo to dress up any night that there is no more dedicated formal nights ?!? I hope the info I found is wrong......:confused:

On our last oasis cruise in november, the majority, I would day 70%, was dressed.

However, there is nothing special going on in the MDR. No special items on the menu we would rave about. Just some loud annoying music and the cruise director or someone else, yelling in the microphone to cheer the staff.

As I read through reviews on Oasis, I see that Formal nights are dead and nobody dresses up so they have done away with formal nights and advise yo to dress up any night that there is no more dedicated formal nights ?!? I hope the info I found is wrong......:confused:

That is not in any way accurate. Possibly there was some confusion with the Quantum class ships that have a formal restaurant but not ship wide formal nights. Oasis (and the rest of the RCI fleet) definitely have formal nights and most people dress up to varying degrees. DH wears a tux or dark suit, some people just wear a shirt and tie.

also just off the Oasis, fabulous cruise btw :)... even with 1200 kids on board... the entertainment is fantastic

as for formal nites.. there are 2 designated formal nites.. the first nite there were a lot of people in formal clothes, most men opted for suits vs. tuxes, even those that used to wear a tux, now wearing dark suits and ties pn on formal nites.. saw lots of ladies in gowns... second formal nite was not as many in formal attire as first nite.. most were not in formal clothes.. even those in the suite lounge were dressed casual on second formal nite

Edited by Host Star

It's either day 2 & 5 or 2 & 6. Depends if it's eastern or western (different port dats)

On our last Oasis there was a good 25% in tux/long dresses, 50% in "cocktail attire " and the rest were casual or simply did not go to the MDR. So definitely not a "no one dresses up"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I appreciate all of the feedback... was getting very frustrated and I am very happy to see formal nights still exist... I hope they keep the tradition alive and well for a very long time :)

We are definitely with you on that! We love formal nights! When else do I get yo get all dressed up and see him in a tux?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

there are 2 designated formal nites.. the first nite there were a lot of people in formal clothes, most men opted for suits vs. tuxes, even those that used to wear a tux, now wearing dark suits and ties pn on formal nites.. saw lots of ladies in gowns... second formal nite was not as many in formal attire as first nite.. most were not in formal clothes.. even those in the suite lounge were dressed casual on second formal nite

Very typical on formal nights nowadays.

also just off the Oasis, fabulous cruise btw :)... even with 1200 kids on board... the entertainment is fantastic

as for formal nites.. there are 2 designated formal nites.. the first nite there were a lot of people in formal clothes, most men opted for suits vs. tuxes, even those that used to wear a tux, now wearing dark suits and ties pn on formal nites.. saw lots of ladies in gowns... second formal nite was not as many in formal attire as first nite.. most were not in formal clothes.. even those in the suite lounge were dressed casual on second formal nite

As evidenced by the amount of questions here concerning Formal Nights... people are concerned about it. So they dress up the first night, realize you don't really have to, then come casual the second.

I think a good majority don't really want to dress up and find it a hassle.

As evidenced by the amount of questions here concerning Formal Nights... people are concerned about it. So they dress up the first night, realize you don't really have to, then come casual the second.

I think a good majority don't really want to dress up and find it a hassle.

My wife still likes to do the pictures on formal nights but honestly I hate having to wear the jacket ( or having to deal with a garment bag on a flight)

On my first 10 cruises I dressed in a suit for both formal nights. Now I think I would rather just wear a nice dress shirt and pants and forego the jacket and tie. 1 formal night is probably enough for a 7 night cruise but I get why some would want to keep it at 2 formal nights ( and RCCL probably doesn't want to lose revenue from photos from eliminating a 2nd formal night)

My wife still likes to do the pictures on formal nights but honestly I hate having to wear the jacket ( or having to deal with a garment bag on a flight)

On my first 10 cruises I dressed in a suit for both formal nights. Now I think I would rather just wear a nice dress shirt and pants and forego the jacket and tie. 1 formal night is probably enough for a 7 night cruise but I get why some would want to keep it at 2 formal nights ( and RCCL probably doesn't want to lose revenue from photos from eliminating a 2nd formal night)

My father-in-law and me both dressed up in jackets the first formal night. Noticed plenty wearing polos and simple collared shirts... jackets went on the back of the chair, polos the next formal night. No issue with dressing decent...

I'm sure there is good money in those formal pictures, you are probably right!

It's trivial I guess. You don't have to dress up, so if others wish to, have at it.

Exactly how I feel, and do, too.

• 2 months later...