Included "complementary" drinks

fcfc

You’re right, only 1 scotch whisky, the other is Seagrams Seven Crown, was Canadian, but is now American (brand owned by Diageo). It’s not a cheap whisky in the UK - just priced it at £32 a bottle,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If that's the price of the included Canadian then it makes it even more strange that they do not include a decent Scotch.

You can buy single Malts cheaper than that.

You’re right, only 1 scotch whisky, the other is Seagrams Seven Crown, was Canadian, but is now American (brand owned by Diageo). It’s not a cheap whisky in the UK - just priced it at £32 a bottle,

Also why is a brandy and dark rum which can be bought in the U.K. for less than £15 a bottle on the premium list?

Also why is a brandy and dark rum which can be bought in the U.K. for less than £15 a bottle on the premium list?

To us the included list has never made any sense, with current fares it should be more comprehensive.

Sorry Grandma but you are wrong.

I am pleased that you are not shopping for my tipple.

I have found Seven Crowns on sale for Just over 18 pounds, it is probably even cheaper in the States.

Also I can buy a litre bottle of Grouse for less in most supermarkets, I still do not understand Azamaras logic.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Sorry Grandma but you are wrong.

I am pleased that you are not shopping for my tipple.

I have found Seven Crowns on sale for Just over 18 pounds, it is probably even cheaper in the States.

Also I can buy a litre bottle of Grouse for less in most supermarkets, I still do not understand Azamaras logic.

The price I found was from The Whisky Exchange - here’s the link https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/29385/seagrams-7-crown.

The price I found was from The Whisky Exchange - here’s the link https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/29385/seagrams-7-crown.

I am sure that you did but I certainly would not buy from them,.the price I quoted was found at another online drinks site.

It would be interesting it our American friends could give us the price in the States.

I am sure that you did but I certainly would not buy from them,.the price I quoted was found at another online drinks site.

It would be interesting it our American friends could give us the price in the States.

Grandma I have since seen your price.

I then checked mine again and I admit that it was plus vat, making it just over 22 pounds., still 10 pounds cheaper.

Grandma I have since seen your price.

I then checked mine again and I admit that it was plus vat, making it just over 22 pounds., still 10 pounds cheaper.

Is this it

http://www.bevmo.com/seagram-s-7-crown-blended-whiskey--1-75-ltr-.html

On sale $16.99 for a 1.75 litre regularly $23.

Edited by Cruise Junky

Is this it

http://www.bevmo.com/seagram-s-7-crown-blended-whiskey--1-75-ltr-.html

On sale $16.99 for a 1.75 litre regularly $23.

That is the one, has I suspected cheaper in the States & Azamara will get it much cheaper still,

Sorry Grandma but I still class it as cheap along with Cutty Sark.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Walmart (yes, I said Walmart) sells 1.75ltr Seagrams Seven for $16.97 USD. Personally it was even too sweet for my "college" taste buds. I really don't think of it as scotch.

I also have an upcoming cruise with NCL, again with an included drinks package. However, though the cruise is considerably cheaper the included drinks are those priced at the bar up to 15 dollars.

For interest, here is a current list of what is covered by the NCL drinks package

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54421650&postcount=750

The included wine IMHO are not good, the fact that they don’t have a single malt whiskey in the package is poor.

In comparing the package to the Celebrity classic package (which nowadays is included in all cruise pricing) it comes second best.

There is much more choice of wine both red,white and rose.

Also for the price of a V1 on AZ I can get a suite on Celebrity and IMHO

there is no visible difference in service level.

Would we sail with AZ again, maybe if the itinerary is good, but in comparing the small ship experience I think we will probably choose Seabourn.

Classic package is not included in Celebrity cruise fares; was just on the Summit.

Walmart (yes, I said Walmart) sells 1.75ltr Seagrams Seven for $16.97 USD. Personally it was even too sweet for my "college" taste buds. I really don't think of it as scotch.

One of the main points of this discussion is that it is not a scotch, it is Canadian.

Thanks for the information on prices in the States.

One of the main points of this discussion is that it is not a scotch, it is Canadian.

Thanks for the information on prices in the States.

I should have been more careful in reading the thread. I thought Royal Crown was being discussed as a "scotch". I see now I missed a crucial point in the discussion. I understand that it's Canadian.