Included "complementary" drinks

fcfc

• 11 months later...
Well said X 3.

We had absolutely no issues with the complementary wines or spirits on offer. We enjoyed numerous cocktails, glasses of red, white, rose and sparkling wines and, I can honestly say, enjoyed every single one.

This seems to be a thread of people who know Azamara and their drinks. This is our first Azamara.

Do they carry Clamato to make Bloody Caesars? Do they use the Demitri's Bloody Mary Mix like they do on Celebrity?

This seems to be a thread of people who know Azamara and their drinks. This is our first Azamara.

Do they carry Clamato to make Bloody Caesars? Do they use the Demitri's Bloody Mary Mix like they do on Celebrity?

Yes, I've had a Bloody Caesar with Clamato. I'm not sure of the mix they use for the Bloody Mary's though.

Phil

I don't think Bonnie would have a clue about who the bar staff on Quest are right now! Not really her remit.

We were on Quest in May/June and July/August and the name Angelo doesn't ring a bell with me. There were a few excellent bartenders onboard though so you won't be thirsty! :D

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for the great information, everyone! I'm taking my first Azamara in next month.

I have a question. I see sparkling wine is included now, and Crème de Cassis is on the complimentary list. But I don't see the Kir royale or Mimosa on the Complimentary Cocktail list.

Can I order them? If so, even can I order the Mimosa at Breakfast time?

Thank you so much for the great information, everyone! I'm taking my first Azamara in next month.

I have a question. I see sparkling wine is included now, and Crème de Cassis is on the complimentary list. But I don't see the Kir royale or Mimosa on the Complimentary Cocktail list.

Can I order them? If so, even can I order the Mimosa at Breakfast time?

Yes, we've ordered mimosas and kir royales with no charge.

That stuff is awesome. One of our local food specialty stores carries it now. Certainly beats adding my own tabasco and Worcestershire

Is it very spicy? I think in the past they have had "Clamato" juice...wonder if they still do? LuAnn

The Bloody Mary’s are very spicy - Virgin Mary’s too,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They mix the Bloody Marys to order so if you find them spicy you can ask them to hold back on the spices. I’m the opposite I like it with a kick. The great thing on Azamara is they can make them from weak/bland to strong/kicking and all points in between

Is it very spicy? I think in the past they have had "Clamato" juice...wonder if they still do? LuAnn

Yes, but you could ease back on how much you put in. It's a liquid blend of all the spices and salts that go into a Caesar. DH doesn't like them as spicey as me, he just uses less.

The included wine IMHO are not good, the fact that they don’t have a single malt whiskey in the package is poor.

In comparing the package to the Celebrity classic package (which nowadays is included in all cruise pricing) it comes second best.

There is much more choice of wine both red,white and rose.

Also for the price of a V1 on AZ I can get a suite on Celebrity and IMHO

there is no visible difference in service level.

Would we sail with AZ again, maybe if the itinerary is good, but in comparing the small ship experience I think we will probably choose Seabourn.

If you look at the website list of included beverages you will see there are two gins (Gordons and Beefeater), 2 vodkas, 2 scotch whiskies, a bourbon, rum, tequila, sweet and dry vermouth, triple sec plus a load of other liqueurs, a long list of cocktails (I have tried Bloody Mary, Margarita and Tom Collins - all fine). I think this is a pretty good list of drinks - and they are all available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Grandma

Just curious what are the 2 scotch whiskies....I only see Cutty Shark

...extremely poor selection of Scotch!!

Grandma

There is only Cutty Sark.

The other is a cheap Canadian.

Has you say, very poor selection.

This has been mentioned many times but they are not interested.

Edited by Bloodaxe

There is only Cutty Sark.

The other is a cheap Canadian.

Has you say, very poor selection.

This has been mentioned many times but they are not interested.

Not true that we are not interested...we are! Everyone's comments are shared with those that do the provisioning. :whiskey-glass:

Grandma

You’re right, only 1 scotch whisky, the other is Seagrams Seven Crown, was Canadian, but is now American (brand owned by Diageo). It’s not a cheap whisky in the UK - just priced it at £32 a bottle,