Club class mini suites

Two4Cruisin

Is it worth the extra cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since the first roll-out of Club Class is not until this December, there really isn't anybody who can give you an informed opinion.

Reviews from people who have actually experienced Club Class should be appearing on CC late December/early January.

As noted, too soon to tell. Personally, I think it all comes down to how the dining situation plays out, and we won't know that for a while. For example, can you get a table for two, or will they cobble together tables of 8 since the dining area is separate. In other words, will the separate dining area have tables of all shapes and sizes. Second, what are the special menu selections that are only available to CLCL. Are they really "special" and are they any good? If they roll out the way the Curtis Stone dishes have, then I certainly wouldn't pay extra to get those. The disembarkation lounge and 1/2 bottle wine set-ups are of no use to me. The International Cafe/Vines always serves as my disembarkation lounge, and I'm certain that I won't have any use for the 1/2 bottles of wine that they are giving away. And "being one of the first to experience the new luxury beds" sounds to me as if everyone will eventually get them, (or at least everyone from Mini-Suite on up), so at some time soon, that perk will cease to be a perk. And while an upgraded robe would be nice, I'm not going to pay for one. So for me it all comes down to the dining experience.

Edited by JimmyVWine

According our TA the difference for our 15 day RT SF to HI in 2018 is $1000 PP. So "no" it's not worth it.

I could fork over another $600 PP and book a full suite.

It will be interesting to see what the pricing will be on Window Suites for the ships that have them. Right now, a WS isn't that much more than a mid-ship Mini-Suite. But if a CLCL Mini-Suite is priced higher than a WS which counts as a full Suite, that would be odd.

I'm giving the new CC mini-suites a go for our upcomming cruise on the Emerald Princess at the end of March next year.

The price difference was only a $100 dollars extra compared to the mini suites in mid aft and mid forward.

To me it is worth the extra $100 to get mid ship. So for us it is a good opportunity to check out the new dining and see if it is worth the extra price.

I'm sure this price for the New Zealand cruise is an introductory price as they get feedback from the post cruise surveys and see if people like it or do they have to change what they are offering.

From what I have been reading I think that the whole of the Emerald has the new beds so the only thing that interests us is the expanded menu. We will see in March/April if the menu is anything to get excited over.

We're excited about giving the Club Class Mini Suites at try. :)

Unfortunately, not available on our January 2017 cruises but do have it booked for our 2018 cruise.

Since we always have booked a MA mini-suite, the price of what it is now called M1 is only a few hundred dollars more.

Looking forward to hearing replies from others and giving it a try for ourselves.

LuLu

It will be interesting to see what the pricing will be on Window Suites for the ships that have them. Right now, a WS isn't that much more than a mid-ship Mini-Suite. But if a CLCL Mini-Suite is priced higher than a WS which counts as a full Suite, that would be odd.

Just did a comparison in AUD for the Jan 3, 2018 sailing, a 5 night sailing Melbourne-Adelaide.

Prices for double occupancy per person, single is double, in AUD are:

Window Suite PP $1,599

Club Class Caribe Deck, only 4 remaining according to the Website PP $1,749.

At this point, I can't find a Handicapped Accessible Club Class Mini Suite to price, so not a relevant choice for me-I need the grab rails in the bathroom for safety-Dr's orders to maintain independence.

HTH.

In 9 week's I'll be aboard, and will try and have a look from the corridor, of what is to be Club Class.

At this point, I can't find a Handicapped Accessible Club Class Mini Suite to price, so not a relevant choice for me-I need the grab rails in the bathroom for safety-Dr's orders to maintain independence.HTH.

We've been booking mini-suites for a long time on Princess ships. There are always grab rails in the shower/tub. :)

We've been booking mini-suites for a long time on Princess ships. There are always grab rails in the shower/tub. :)

THANK YOU for that clarification-some photos are hard to judge where grab rails are.

Unfortunately I don't have the balance and flexibility to get safely INTO the bathtub, I use a roll-in shower. Not yet confined to a wheelchair, just very unsteady in balance, and with osteo-porosis, under Dr's orders to be EXTREMELY careful about falling. He's discussed the research re accessibility aboard, with me, and is confident I won't get into any serious trouble-cheeky devil reckons a headache from drinking Cocktails might be the worst problem. I've told him it's 1 Cocktail to 2 Mocktails-6 choices-and 2 Sodas, probably a Coke and a Sprite each BEFORE I have another Cocktail. And there's plenty of food available-I've read there's a variety of cookies at the International Café, a wide selection in Horizon Court and Room Service as well. I'm sailing solo, no partner, and no friend who wants to join me that I'd be comfortable sharing the Window Suite with. A former colleague from work, male, is also sailing the same cruise-he's in an Inside Stateroom on Plaza Deck.

I learn something new every time I come on Cruise Critic! :D

My friend and I booked a standard balcony on Royal on med cruise June 2017 and were offered an up sell to a CLCL M1 mini suite for £50 extra each so we grabbed it! Excited to see what it's like as we could not normally afford even a standard mini suite :)

Looking at the 1/21/17 Ruby sailing, the difference between an MB and an M1 is $80. We prefer mid-ship, so I would consider paying that much just for location. With the added amenities, Club Class seems like a no-brainer.

Edited by HawksFan74