Have they eliminated the soda only package?

jonesmen

Before, the soda only has a coca-cola or sprite sticker, while the soda and more has the smaller UKP sticker

I don't know what they give now (if they do) but I guess it will have a distinction.

11/11/2016 sailing the Golden Princess from Sydney to Melbourne, Australia I bought myself the Soda and More Package at the Calypso Bar. I received a small yellow sticker on my Cruise Card with the Coca-Cola emblem and 2 green tear shapes above it, and in green capitals UKP. I also received an insulated cup with a twist-off lid and plastic straw which was given most regular use on the cruise, and I'm still using it at home.

I found it much easier for me with my Rollator to just put the cup in my basket and push the Rollator. When I went to a bar for a drink-I had a leather cruise card holder as I was in a Window Suite, I'd just put the opened wallet-the folding map was kept in the other opening-on the bar when I requested my drink order. Never had a problem, even attending the Platinum/Elite/Suite function in Skywalkers, I was assisted to use the small open lift to go to the upper floor, a staff member helped me get something to eat and find a seat and the bartender came to take my drink order-I showed the card and gave him the cup, asking politely for, "A Coke with ice please."

A bit off topic-but I'd learnt from Cruise Critic to have my Cruise Card ready to be scanned for Muster Drill, holding the wallet open ready to be scanned to the surprise of the staff member. I found all staff members willing to help, and very talented at not being too pushy but always there just when help was needed.

I'm not asking @ soda and more pkg. soda only pkg

Based on many posts in several threads, the soda only package seems to have been eliminated. Not available to purchase on the Princess web site and not offered at beverage sales tables at embarkation.

Some have posted they did find sometimes someone at a bar willing to sell that package, but I do not remember any such recent posts.

Last time I bought soda package it was $6 and some cents per day, Soda and more, last week, was $7 a day.

Your numbers are inaccurate. The soda & more is $8.05/day with tip.

The soda only was $4-something plus tip. On a 10 day cruise, it's

about $30 difference.

I drink a lot of soda, but I don't want the and more calories.

Even drinking a lot of soda, I thought $80.50 for a 10 day cruise

was a lot of money.

So in all honesty I don't care.

Then why reply?

Your numbers are inaccurate. The soda & more is $8.05/day with tip.

The soda only was $4-something plus tip. On a 10 day cruise, it's

about $30 difference.

I drink a lot of soda, but I don't want the and more calories.

Even drinking a lot of soda, I thought $80.50 for a 10 day cruise

was a lot of money.

Then why reply?

Gee if it's $8.05 I wonder what on 12 Dec I paid $7 a day?

Why did I reply, to let people know.

On our October Coral Princess cruise, they absolutely refused to sell me the soda-only package. I tried to point out to them that for someone who CAN'T or doesn't WANT to indulge in all the sugar in fruit juice, milkshakes, hot chocolate, mock cocktails, etc, there is no other package option. Didn't make a difference!

So they lost our soda business altogether! We were happy with the iced tea, lemonade and water which was plentiful throughout the ship. I would think that if they are that money hungry, they would be happy to offer both packages. :confused::confused:

Gee if it's $8.05 I wonder what on 12 Dec I paid $7 a day?

No idea. On 16-November, I paid $80.50 for a sticker for a 10 day cruise.

This page:

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

quotes $8.05 per person, per day.

Regardless, the soda only package was not 'six dollars and some cents'.

Why did I reply, to let people know.

To let people know what? That you don't care?

Edited by pablo222

I usually pre-purchase my DS's soda card and our coffee cards so they are waiting for us. When I looked at the pre-purchase beverage options for our upcoming cruise on the Regal, I only see a soda & more option that includes juice, mocktails & hot chocolate. Not interested in the "and more". Is the straight soda card no longer available? What is a fountain soda costing onboard these days if we decided to not get a card?

As of 11-13-16 once onboard The Regal my DH got/purchased a soda only sticker for his cruise card. No problem.($36.23 including the gratuity for a 7 day/night voyage)

Julie

As of 11-13-16 once onboard The Regal my DH got/purchased a soda only sticker for his cruise card. No problem.($36.23 including the gratuity for a 7 day/night voyage)

Julie

That is nice to know. Should have asked them when we were on board last Oct. Where did you ask for the package?

Julie

Where did you go to purchase the soda only sticker? We were onboard the Regal 11-20-16 and someone came to Alfredo's where we were having lunch on embarkation day selling drink packages. She wouldn't sell us the soda only package. We will be sailing on her again in October so I'd like to ask again for the soda only package but maybe will have better luck where you did.

No idea. On 16-November, I paid $80.50 for a sticker for a 10 day cruise.

This page:

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Regardless, the soda only package was not 'six dollars and some cents'.

I'll see if I can find the receipt from last time I bought it, a couple of years ago now, but I guarantee you it was $6 and some a day.

And I know for a fact my last two cruises soda and more was $7 a day, this year $49 for seven days last year $231 for 33 days.

I can only report what I paid if some don't like it there's not much I can do about that, it is was it is.

I'll see if I can find the receipt from last time I bought it, a couple of years ago now, but I guarantee you it was $6 and some a day.

And I know for a fact my last two cruises soda and more was $7 a day, this year $49 for seven days last year $231 for 33 days.

I can only report what I paid if some don't like it there's not much I can do about that, it is was it is.

Last year was on Diamond, this year on Emerald. Both bought onboard, not online.

This post, says $5.17 / day (which is 4-something plus tip)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51823468&postcount=64

That's about what I paid before. Now 8.05 (with tip) for the 'and more' package. Almost $3/day difference.

This post, says $5.17 / day (which is 4-something plus tip)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51823468&postcount=64

That's about what I paid before. Now 8.05 (with tip) for the 'and more' package. Almost $3/day difference.

Oh well, I can only say what I paid.

But in all honesty it's simple, if you don't like what they offer now, don't buy it, either they'll get the message or they won't.

Personally I was always happy with the straight soda, but by the same token an extra dollar or two a day won't ruin my cruise.

Oh and that's Aus$ so about US$5 (Aus$7), and my $6 something is probably close to your $4 and a bit.

The point is $1 or $2 a day with the extras if you want them is probably an increase they could have justified by infkation alone.