Have they eliminated the soda only package?

jonesmen

jonesmen-not sure how much this has changed since my last Princess cruise in April. My DH was able to get just the soda "sticker" once onboard. He purchased it near the International cafe and just told them soda only not the more. ( he would not drink the more part so a waste of $)Easy to do. Hope it's still the same for you on The Regal. We doubled checked the bill at the I.C. Just to make sure he was not charged for the wrong pkg. All was good to go.:)

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

Thanks...I think I'll just wait until we board in December. Hopefully we will be able to purchase the soda only then :)

If I remember to post here or on a Live from...

We are going on The Regal this November ,I can report back. My DH will get a soda only sticker if available when we board. He loves his soda. I can let you know what our experience is for the Regal. Should be the same as all the rest of the Princess ships as we know ! You never really know.

Julie

jonesmen-not sure how much this has changed since my last Princess cruise in April. My DH was able to get just the soda "sticker" once onboard. He purchased it near the International cafe and just told them soda only not the more. ( he would not drink the more part so a waste of $)Easy to do. Hope it's still the same for you on The Regal. We doubled checked the bill at the I.C. Just to make sure he was not charged for the wrong pkg. All was good to go.:)

Julie

I didn't realize there was two options, but I get a coke sticker which I thought was only Soda package. What kind of sticker is the more?

Edited by Mycruises62

Thanks...I think I'll just wait until we board in December. Hopefully we will be able to purchase the soda only then :)
It's the same price and the server you buy it from gets credit for the sale. It think it's more like an attaboy than financial but there's pressure on them to sell the packages. Plus, you can use your onboard credit to help pay for it. Edited by Pam in CA

I didn't realize there was two options, but I get a coke sticker which I thought was only Soda package. What kind of sticker is the more?

Yes,there are 2 options. Soda and more (includes juices,milkshakes I think, and mocktails)which is listed on the Princess website to order online before the cruise or wait until you get onboard- the list of drinks is detailed there.

AND

Just the soda sticker, which can now be only bought once onboard(at least April 2016 we did). Once upon a time you could order just the soda sticker. The soda only is about $5. And change/day of your cruise length. The soda and more pkg is $8. And change/day of the cruise length.( I can't remember the exact price,but there are many threads/posts that do)

Of course one can still have the option to get canned sodas whenever they wish and not get any soda pkg. I think if you drink less than 3 sodas per day then the pkg is no good. Ala carte is better.

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

Yes,there are 2 options. Soda and more (includes juices,milkshakes I think, and mocktails)which is listed on the Princess website to order online before the cruise or wait until you get onboard- the list of drinks is detailed there.

AND

Just the soda sticker, which can now be only bought once onboard(at least April 2016 we did). Once upon a time you could order just the soda sticker. The soda only is about $5. And change/day of your cruise length. The soda and more pkg is $8. And change/day of the cruise length.( I can't remember the exact price,but there are many threads/posts that do)

Of course one can still have the option to get canned sodas whenever they wish and not get any soda pkg. I think if you drink less than 3 sodas per day then the pkg is no good. Ala carte is better.

Julie

I purchased my soda and more on princesses website, how they know I purchased the more package in case I want to get a cocktails, what identify the difference? Is there difference stickers?

I purchased my soda and more on princesses website, how they know I purchased the more package in case I want to get a cocktails, what identify the difference? Is there difference stickers?

Before, the soda only has a coca-cola or sprite sticker, while the soda and more has the smaller UKP sticker

I don't know what they give now (if they do) but I guess it will have a distinction.

When there were two packages they had two different stickers.

I assume in ships still offering both they do the same.

Julie

This is what I tried to do on the Diamond last month--was told it was not offered any more. Later found that another passenger HAD been able to purchase it at a different location; she said she'd just had to be very insistent.

The Soda Only was about 5/8" square with a red and white coke logo. The soda and more was rectangular, about 3/8" X 1/2" with a much smaller coke logo. One week it was a light blue background with white, the next leg it was a white background with a yellow logo.

This is Diamond Princess, Aug 4 and 15th sailings.

Edited by moki'smommy

I do not recall, with the soda and more sticker, can you get a cup of regular coffee from the IC with it? :confused:

Based on their website's description of it then no:

"Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge".

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

I do not recall, with the soda and more sticker, can you get a cup of regular coffee from the IC with it? :confused:

Not that I know of. The soda and more is soda from the fountain not cans, juices, fruity mocktails ,hot chocolate, and some energy drinks.

but not coffee from the I.C.

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

If I remember to post here or on a Live from...

We are going on The Regal this November ,I can report back. My DH will get a soda only sticker if available when we board. He loves his soda. I can let you know what our experience is for the Regal. Should be the same as all the rest of the Princess ships as we know ! You never really know.

Julie

It would be great if you could post on this thread as we are on the Regal at New Yrs. Your info will dictate whether I take some soda on board with me or not. Please do report back. Have a wonderful time on the Regal!

It would be great if you could post on this thread as we are on the Regal at New Yrs. Your info will dictate whether I take some soda on board with me or not. Please do report back. Have a wonderful time on the Regal!

I will try to report back here( if I find thread again) or on a Live from Regal 11-13-16.

Julie

Is that what we in Australia call Soda Water and I believe in the US is Club Soda?
I was using the term "soda" to refer to all carbonated soft drinks, not Club Soda. Depending upon where you live in the U.S. carbonated soft drinks are called "soda" or "pop" or even "coke". Edited by IECalCruiser