Just off Splendida

xxHadleyxx

Hi All,

We just got off Splendida (round trip out of Hamburg) today. 7 nights/yacht club.

I will try to get a review written this week or next, but I know there is not a lot of information out there in English about the MSC ships sailing in Europe---so I am happy to try to answer questions in the meantime, if anyone has them.

Only fair---given how much help so many on this board were to me :)

hei nhdisneylover, so happy to read a review from splendida!!! we will be doing a similar trip next july so I am looking forward to reading your review! can you remember, when embarkation started? kr sandra

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I look forward to your review as we're sailing on Splendida in just over 3 weeks and MSC is new to us. I'd be especially interested in any hints, tips and tricks to bear in mind.

In case I don't get to it in time (lots going on the next couple of weeks at my house):

my best "tip" is that if you are at all intereted in the bowling, 4-D movies or F-1 simulator to look and see if they offer the all you can enjoy package. It was mentioned, burried, in the Daily on our second day---had i not read that I would never have even realized the simulator and movies were there (you go through the arcade to get to them, and the arcade is not interesting to me).

There was also a small sign about it posted by the simulator, but most people never noticed it.

Anyway, the deal is 35€ for the entire cabin to use all three (simulator, movies, bowling) as much as they want for the entire cruise! By far the best deal on the ship! For the three of us to do each item once would exceed the cost of the package--we ended up seeing all 6 movies and doign the simulator about 1-2 times per day (almost never a queue) and bowled half a dozen times.

At the individual pricing, I would not have done any of theose things even once.

hei nhdisneylover, so happy to read a review from splendida!!! we will be doing a similar trip next july so I am looking forward to reading your review! can you remember, when embarkation started? kr sandra

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We arrived at the ship around 10:30 and boarded right away--but that might have been beucase of Yacht Club--seemed like lots of people were sitting in the terminal when we boarded . . .

We are doing the same trip this coming Wednesday out of Southampton. Did you enjoy the cruise and did you like the Splendida?

Yes and yes.

The ship is lovely with lots of nice spaces, all with unique atmospheres.

We were dissapointed in how few activities the cruise staff runs compared to other lines (the sea days had about as many things going on as a port day on RCI, Princess or DCL) and the club did not play much in the way of danceable music (50 or so people up there most times we went, but never more htan 4 on the dance floor-----no music that appealed to us or our older teen . . .) but the crew were very friendly, the spa nice and better priced than other lines, and the food was quite yummy both in the YC and at the buffet.

MSC has not become my new favourite line, even with YC, but it was nice and is one I will always consider now when looking to book.

Look forward to reading it Disneylover (are you a FL or CA lover just had a great(if not the best trip to Anaheim after years of FL).. TBH I really want to give these ships a go (have even booked a costa) .. Getting a bit bored of feeling like Im touring the med with a coach trip from just down the road.

Edited by ighten

I can't wait to read your review! We're sailing next Wednesday (21st) in Yacht Club on a short 7-night cruise round-trip Southampton. I believe the same itinerary you'll have just done (even if the start/end ports were different).

I cannot wait, and I'll be live-blogging the experience on my personal blog, as well as making a daily vlog to be uploaded when I get back.

There definitely needs to be more English-language content about Splendida, especially the Yacht Club!

I can't wait to read your review! We're sailing next Wednesday (21st) in Yacht Club on a short 7-night cruise round-trip Southampton. I believe the same itinerary you'll have just done (even if the start/end ports were different).

I cannot wait, and I'll be live-blogging the experience on my personal blog, as well as making a daily vlog to be uploaded when I get back.

There definitely needs to be more English-language content about Splendida, especially the Yacht Club!

And I will be following your reports with interest too!

Look forward to reading it Disneylover (are you a FL or CA lover just had a great(if not the best trip to Anaheim after years of FL).. TBH I really want to give these ships a go (have even booked a costa) .. Getting a bit bored of feeling like Im touring the med with a coach trip from just down the road.

LOL I picked the user name waaaaaay back when when I was resgistering for the DISboards for a meet up for a Disney Cruise----at the time I had no idea I would want to be on message boards beyond that---I regret the name as I no longer live in New Hampshire and do so much more than Disney (though I enjoy both the US parks (well all 6 really) and also Disneyland Paris as well as the smaller ships in their small fleet:D

Following:)

I look forward to your review as we're sailing on Splendida in just over 3 weeks and MSC is new to us. I'd be especially interested in any hints, tips and tricks to bear in mind.

Hi Pete, we have also booked a cruise , B2B , on Splendida for next year.:) First time for us on MSC too.

Following:)

Hi Pete, we have also booked a cruise , B2B , on Splendida for next year.:) First time for us on MSC too.

Seems good value for money and we're also booked on Fantasia too.

Seems to me that RCI are taking a back seat in our household! None booked into 2018, just Celebrity, MSC and P&O and looking at Carnival again!

Oops! Sorry. See if this works:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/2016/09/msc-splendida-yacht-club-part-1.html

(and sorry about the weird highlighting after the quute--I am not very tech savvy and can't seem to get rid of it. I will keep trying)

Edited by NHDisneylover

Oops! Sorry. See if this works:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/2016/09/msc-splendida-yacht-club-part-1.html

(and sorry about the weird highlighting after the quute--I am not very tech savvy and can't seem to get rid of it. I will keep trying)

Unfortunately that doesn't appear to work as the system says the page is not available.

Thank you! I don't know why there are so many glitches today--I appreciate you finding and posting a link which works (and sorry to Pete for sending ou on wild goose chases)
Great start, can't wait to read more! Don't worry about any wild goose chases - shouldn't be really reading these whilst at work!