Anything I can do ... when TA does not get back to me

clandt

Hi All,

I booked with a TA. They did not put in the correct waitlist time and didn't put in 2 travels VFIP numbers. We also were on the Ebola cruise and thought we were too late for the 50% off but we are sailing right before the deadline so we can get it. I emailed the TA offered to pay all incentives given to make up for the 50% off.

I called Carnival and they won't even talk to me and said I MUST go through the TA. We leave in less then 28 days.

I contacted the TA two weeks ago about the VFIP and nothing.

Can I do anything?

I suppose it depends on if this is a solo operator , an on line web site ,or a place with an actual office.

I'd call and speak to someone and not deal with e mail.

IF this is a solo operator you don't have much recourse.

IF this is an actual office or an online big company I'd talk to a supervisor.

Carnival cannot do anything for you because your booking belongs to the TA.

I suppose you can try telling Carnival you want to take the booking away from the TA and give it back to Carnival but at this point I don't know if they can do that.

UGHHH. It is a family owned one. Not sure what I can do. So frustrating. With all my years, I have never had an issue and I didn't know that Carnival could not help when booked with TA. I learn things all the time.

UGHHH. It is a family owned one. Not sure what I can do. So frustrating. With all my years, I have never had an issue and I didn't know that Carnival could not help when booked with TA. I learn things all the time.

Is this someone you have used before? I ask because I am wondering if email is the only way to interact. I got to agree with the advice riff has given you, time for a more personal interaction.

I always book directly with Carnival. I know you will get dozens of opinions and reasons and small OBC and some type of incentive to book with an agent. I would rather be able to resolve issues like this with Carnival directly. Good luck hope you get results.

Can I do anything?

The thing that isn't clear here....have you made a voice call to this TA?

While electronic communication like emails. and texting are marvelous tools, using the telephone can lead to the resolution of many things.

While I always use a TA, and find the strident comments about not using one to be non-responsive....when I don't receive a response to an email query, I call him. After so many years it is hard for him to be unavailable...I have his landline, cellphone and fax numbers, in addition to email contact information.

You need to call. Speak with whoever is in charge and don't stop until you get satisfaction. Next time, don't wait even one day and if you need too, threaten to change TA's. Then do it. I have always used a TA because of the OBC and I have never had a problem. On Sunday or evenings when she is not available, someone else from the company helps me.

If you call them and they continue to be unresponsive, call Carnival and ask them to set up a 3 way call with the TA. If they are unresponsive to Carnival as well, then Carnival will take care of you and fix your issues. Better to call the TA as sometimes e-mail ends up in spam or it can accidentally be deleted.

Hi All,

I booked with a TA. They did not put in the correct waitlist time and didn't put in 2 travels VFIP numbers. We also were on the Ebola cruise and thought we were too late for the 50% off but we are sailing right before the deadline so we can get it. I emailed the TA offered to pay all incentives given to make up for the 50% off.

I called Carnival and they won't even talk to me and said I MUST go through the TA. We leave in less then 28 days.

I contacted the TA two weeks ago about the VFIP and nothing.

Can I do anything?

Keep trying and get rid of him ASAP.

If you call them and they continue to be unresponsive, call Carnival and ask them to set up a 3 way call with the TA. If they are unresponsive to Carnival as well, then Carnival will take care of you and fix your issues. Better to call the TA as sometimes e-mail ends up in spam or it can accidentally be deleted.

This sounds like the best option. I have managed to fix some issues myself.

I agree. The least you will get is that Carnival will be made aware of how irresponsible the TA is.

Once you book with a TA, Carnival cannot help you....at least not until you are onboard the boat. Same thing happened to us on our last booking, and we never use a TA, but booked with friends the last time who use one. Our vifp numbers were never added, but once we boarded, guest services added our information.