red wine

jaxw17

Do you mean the $30 "Bon Voyage Red"? It changes by ship, and what's in stock, I believe.

I know others disagree with me, but I don't have much affection for ANY of the "house wines".

I've described the house sparkling wine as "drain cleaner". I love big red wines, and have never drunk a glass of house red I found palatable. The white has always been the best bet for me personally - but that's damshipping it with faint praise.

If it's a gift, I might go up in price a few bucks.

If it's for yourself? I don't carry on wine and pay corkage because I like the exercise. ;) I do it because I'm fussy, even though I drink cheap-ish wines.

Edited by fann1sh

We don't get the Bon Voyage wine.

We have had the Chef Rudi's select choice - not sure if I am describing it correctly but it was quite decent. Around $35 without looking it up if my memory serves.

I can go looking if need be.

DH thought the red was very nice. The White was a winner for me but it was a couple of years ago. The bottle was even enscribed. We brought it home :)

Nice option if really allowed. Thanks.

There's a value associated with each wine. They'll let you trade for a wine of similar cost. You won't be able to trade a $50 bottle for a $100 bottle, but they're usually pretty accommodating.

We don't get the Bon Voyage wine.

We have had the Chef Rudi's select choice - not sure if I am describing it correctly but it was quite decent. Around $35 without looking it up if my memory serves.

I can go looking if need be.

DH thought the red was very nice. The White was a winner for me but it was a couple of years ago. The bottle was even enscribed. We brought it home :)

Of course the "bottom of the barrel" anywhere -liquor store or ship - is never going to be enjoyable -- and cruise ships do mark up significantly; while pretty good stuff is available at $35/40 and up ( what you would find ashore at $20 +/-) you just can't compare dollar for dollar ---- there will always be the $18 (or more) differential on board.

There's a value associated with each wine. They'll let you trade for a wine of similar cost. You won't be able to trade a $50 bottle for a $100 bottle, but they're usually pretty accommodating.

Right. At least the $$ value of the traded house wine is appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for your answers we have been away for a few days so not on here.

We like big reds I like Shiraz or malbec. I like the taste of merlot but it does not like me and makes me very ill.

Think we will pick what we know we like in the main and pay the corkage.

A holiday is not a holiday without good wine