NCL Gem - Pizza

DominicAUS

Hi all,

I've had a look through the the reviews and haven't seen anything mentioned also looked at the menus at beyond ship and can't see anything. So apologies if I have missed it, but can you get pizza on the Gem? If so where from? Also I'm in an OS can this be ordered from the butler?

Thanks in advance

Dominic

Pizza is on the room service menu on the Gem (we were in a non-Haven suite and it was there), but we didn't order it. It should be free w/no delivery charge in a suite.

Since it's on the room service menu, I would assume it is available somewhere on the ship. But I never saw it nor do I remember seeing anyone eating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pizza is on the room service menu on the Gem (we were in a non-Haven suite and it was there), but we didn't order it. It should be free w/no delivery charge in a suite.

Since it's on the room service menu, I would assume it is available somewhere on the ship. But I never saw it nor do I remember seeing anyone eating it.

Ahhh didn't think of the room service menu. Thanks for the info. Do you remember what time the room service is available until?

Thanks again

Room service is 24/7. I believe pizza is available from 11am through to 6 am. Looks like you could order only breakfast items from 6 - 11 am.

We didn't eat any meals in the Garden Cafe (buffet), so that's probably why we never saw the pizza.

Gem does have the new menus -- which explains why there are pizza ovens in La Cucina, but no pizza on the menu.

Have fun - I really enjoyed the Gem!

Room service is 24/7. I believe pizza is available from 11am through to 6 am. Looks like you could order only breakfast items from 6 - 11 am.

We didn't eat any meals in the Garden Cafe (buffet), so that's probably why we never saw the pizza.

Gem does have the new menus -- which explains why there are pizza ovens in La Cucina, but no pizza on the menu.

Have fun - I really enjoyed the Gem!

Oh that's great. I just know if I've had a drink or 3, I may want to order a pizza! Could be dangerous but what the hell.

Looking forward to the Gem and what it has to offer.

Thanks for the info

On Dawn last year, they would deliver a pizza anywhere on the ship from the room service menu. I've seen them delivered to bars.

NCL used to have a specific pizza delivery service where you could get one delivered pretty well anywhere on the ship for about $5.

I assume that is what you are referring to, but i believe that it ended when they started charging for room service. Pizza is now on the room service menu, but I'm not aware of still being able to get it delivered anywhere on the ship. If you can then I don't imagine it is limited to pizza.

On Dawn last year, they would deliver a pizza anywhere on the ship from the room service menu. I've seen them delivered to bars.

That was last year. That all changed in January when the new cabin service charge went into effect. Now pizza is only delivered to cabins.

Pizzas are now 10" personal size (single serve, dinner plate) & oven baked, handmade w. choice of toppings: pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, roasted peppers, black olives & anchovies. Subject to a $7.95 convenience charge, with the noted exceptions above for Haven/Suite. ;)

Disclaimers: availability & prices are, subject to changes, with and without advance notices by NCL.

Pizzas are now 10" personal size (single serve, dinner plate) & oven baked, handmade w. choice of toppings: pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, roasted peppers, black olives & anchovies. Subject to a $7.95 convenience charge, with the noted exceptions above for Haven/Suite. ;)

Disclaimers: availability & prices are, subject to changes, with and without advance notices by NCL.

Nice post.

This is great info. Thanks heaps guys. Can't wait to get onboard and enjoy it all! Now it's under 6 months to go as I booked this in July 14! Can't wait for

My first Negroni!

I'm really picky about pizza and I thought the Gem buffet pizza was quite good. Food is so subjective, everyone likes something different.

This ;) - and I would echo that being a New Yorker, since this is about the GEM (and Breakway, both sailing out of NYC ... aside from a few special GEM runs this Fall, etc.) Opinions on food are truly subjective & highly biased.

Put it this way, if you have a panic attack and pizza craving in the middle of nowhere, by all means - order one and pay for it, if you must - please, make sure you ask for extra cheese and extra tomato sauce - seriously, or else ... it will ruin whatever toppings you've chosen.

Otherwise, why not get the better ones before or after sailing: land-based pizza is NYC is truly second to none, just about anywhere - for our CC friends flying from down under, hello !! Great prices compared to home, one of our SIL just came back from Syndey recently. Even chain like Pizza Hut, Domino or Papa John (or, California Pizza Kitchen) do a better job, IMHO, of baking a fresh pizza from these common & generic ingredients.

Plus, you will be supporting local businesses & fast food workers aiming to make that $15 an hour buying pizza in NYC ... some prepared the good old fashion ways, in those hot brick oven. This is strictly my personal & biased commentary >>>>>> the pizza served on the ship are okay, but truly not worth paying for - take a closer look at the limited options of other items on the Room Service Menu, regardless - most of you will be paying a $7.95 convenience/delivery fee with the option of adding tips on top.

Always found the lack of pizzeria on NCL ships really annoying.

Princess has one on every ship, and it works and tastes great.

Also, I had no idea that the room service pizza is 10 inches. That's awful. Impossible to share that, unless you eat like a bird.

For reference, a 10" pizza is ust 69% the size of a typical "medium" 12 inch pizza you would get in a pizzeria.

And it's about half the size of a 14" large. If your larges are 16", then it's just 39% of that.

Four adults would have to spend $32 on pizza to make a meal out of it.

Lame.

As I've said in other posts, the pizza on NCL has changed over the years where it almost became a game to find out once on board what the pizza was going to be like. Up until March, the best pizza we had was Star in 2009 which was fresh, not greasy, and tasted wood-fired. Worst was just this December on Spirit but interestingly they had pizza on GSC which was not too bad.

A couple months later on POA they had GREAT pizza in buffet. They had a oven right in buffet where a chef or two were making them fresh. These also were like wood-fired and had a nice crust, good toppings and people really seemed to like them. Seeing this I have some hope NCL is/will introduce this fleetwide.

I'm really picky about pizza and I thought the Gem buffet pizza was quite good.

Food is so subjective, everyone likes something different.

...reminded me of a quote:

“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good.

When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

Hi all,

I've had a look through the the reviews and haven't seen anything mentioned also looked at the menus at beyond ship and can't see anything. So apologies if I have missed it, but can you get pizza on the Gem? If so where from? Also I'm in an OS can this be ordered from the butler?

Thanks in advance

Dominic

It was in the buffet daily, not the best...thin floppy crust...but at least it's there when you need pizza.

1474230300695.jpg.95f211d4c5fb7d7dbe320ee91d644554.jpg I was on the gem on April 30. 2016 this was room service pizza. As a pizza lover, it was fairly good. Being hungry at 3am and having 24 hour room service, I had no complaints. I'll rate it 7 out of 10. I hope u enjoy your cruise on the gem! I know I did. [emoji487] [emoji487] [emoji484] [emoji5] [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I am not a pizza snob..and live in NJ/NY metro area..so do get good pizza where I live...

Gem pizza is really not that bad...thin crust..and flavorful toppings...( I sometimes grab a piece on the buffet when I need a pizza fix)...never got room service one...

• 1 year later...

I had pizza on the Dawn in 2010 and 2015 and I thought it was bad. I love pizza so I would grab a slice a few times during the week. On our 2016 cruise on the Dawn I thought the pizza had vastly improved in both texture and

taste. I thought it was very good to the point I would grab

a couple of slices (or more) everyday at the buffet. We are cruising the GEM in October and I'm hoping that the pizza has improved fleet wide.