Oh dear, Rhapsody is in the wars again!

heatherb1958

Heather

Thank you for your description of Rhapsody being "in the wars" again. We were on August 26 sailing and the new windows and paint touch up on deck 3 visable from freak wave earlier. The crew also told us about that experience! Not surprised at lack of communication from captain. We never heard from him other than his mid day message. The crew were so friendly and the DL concierge JJ was brilliant Gave up the CL as the concierge ignored us. Thought might have been because we were only in a JS! However friends who were on Sept. 5 sailing had the same treatment and the were in a GS!!!!

Enjoy your Harmony TA. Wish we had not had to cancel.

Margaret and Neil

Thanks to everyone for the "in the wars" explanation! I sort of assumed it was something like that but I had never heard that term before. When I first saw the title I thought it meant the ship had been attacked and I don't mean by mother nature! Thanks again!

We are back home now after a great cruise. The itinerary was fantastic and we did not lose any of the ports due to the "incident".

I took a picture of the itinerary map which shows the track of the ship.

Part of the track had been wiped but you can clearly see the ship did a 90 degree turn.

It was explained to me that the ship was caught in a vortex and the ship had to do a sharp turn to escape it. As there was no written explanation received we will never know for sure.

I had to google ocean vortex. Yikes!!! Never knew ships had to be alert for whirlpools in certain places. I'd read some earlier comments on here about tricky currents but didn't understand that could equate to a whirlpool.

Picture of track of ship

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Oh please....

Oh Please, indeed.

Giving credibility to a sleazy garbage web page and trying to hurt the credibility of one of the most knowledgeable members of this forum seems like a real stretch for most thinking people.:rolleyes:

Sad

JC

Oh Please, indeed.

Giving credibility to a sleazy garbage web page and trying to hurt the credibility of one of the most knowledgeable members of this forum seems like a real stretch for most thinking people.:rolleyes:

Sad

JC

This post is why CC needs a 'Like' button.

I was informed by the guest services manager that the decision not to give any explanation to the passengers was made by the Miami office. This suggests to me that they have something to hide, or why would they not do as they did on the Jewel and have a question + answer session or at the very least have delivered a simple letter of explanation to all cabins. We'll never know the truth

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

I just completed my guest survey and made note of this. In our 27 cruises, I would say this time the captain was the most non-visible in all of our cruises but we did have a great cruise director. I really enjoyed her. It would have been nice and appreciated by all if the captain could have even explained what we went through, even if it was a vortex. If Miami told them to not give any explanation, that suggests that they do have something to hide. Disappointing. Other than that, it was a great cruise and great cruise ports

• 4 weeks later...

Was considering the Rhapsody for next May. Is it a ship to avoid after two serious incidents in a year? Definitely sounds like it was down to either a bad decision or poor navigation. Either way the captain should have given a reasonable explanation.