Royal Princess - Coffee and Waffle questions

RedEarth

Hi

I'm cruising on the Royal next year and have 2 questions that maybe someone here will be able to answer for me...

1 - I understand that the coffee card allows you unlimited brewed coffee on the cruise you bought it on, but I'm doing 2 legs B2B (1st week Athens-Athens, second Athens-Barcelona), so will I still be able to use the card for brewed coffee throughout this 2 week duration? As far as I'm concerned, I booked this a one fortnight-long cruise so I would expect the card should be valid throughout, but I've read that Princess can sometimes treat these legs as separate voyages for other purposes.

2 - Is there a waffle maker in the buffet, or in any other dining venue for that matter? I loved having fresh waffles at a hotel I stayed at in CA a few years ago and it was great fun being able to make them myself!!!

thanks in advance...

The have waffles at the buffet. but I don't recall if it was a make it yourself maker. As for the coffee card, I don't know the answer.

Just a question for you. I see that you are from the UK. I have never been lucky enough to visit there. Are waffles popular there too?

Hi

I'm cruising on the Royal next year and have 2 questions that maybe someone here will be able to answer for me...

1 - I understand that the coffee card allows you unlimited brewed coffee on the cruise you bought it on, but I'm doing 2 legs B2B (1st week Athens-Athens, second Athens-Barcelona), so will I still be able to use the card for brewed coffee throughout this 2 week duration? As far as I'm concerned, I booked this a one fortnight-long cruise so I would expect the card should be valid throughout, but I've read that Princess can sometimes treat these legs as separate voyages for other purposes.

Maybe - Just mention that you booked as a single cruise when you purchase it so the back is marked correctly. Any problems see Passenger Services.

2 - Is there a waffle maker in the buffet, or in any other dining venue for that matter? I loved having fresh waffles at a hotel I stayed at in CA a few years ago and it was great fun being able to make them myself!!!

Believe you will find waffles in the Pastry Shop area of the buffet. You do not make them yourself. They are made and placed in a tray. If you want fresh ones just ask the attendant to make you some.

thanks in advance...

See above

The issue is in the "as far as I'm concerned." If you booked it as 2 cruises, it doesn't matter that in your mind it is a single cruise. If you qualify, are you getting shareholder OBC, military OBC, internet minutes, or anything else at the rate for a single 14 night or the rate for 2 7 night cruises.

If you booked it as a single 14 night cruise no problem. If you booked as 2 7 night voyages, it will be up to the barrista. I agree that you should point out that you will be cruising for 14 nights and hope to get it marked with that in mind.

We recently did a 9 + 11 night cruise that was never sold as a single. Our cruise card indicated the 20 night dates, but everything else was handled as two separate cruises.

There are plenty of waffles, but none that you make yourself.

Thanks all for your replies, I'll make the point about it being 'one' cruise for me when I buy the card, hopefully it'll be OK. Geocruiser - waffles are fairly popular here in the UK, though maybe not yet to the same extent as in the US. I've never seen a self-service waffle maker in any hotel over here.

1. The coffee card will be good for both weeks. Ours was for the just past two weeks so I'm pretty confident with this.

2. They have fresh made (NOT make your own) waffles on the breakfast buffet in the pastry shop every morning. In addition, they are also available during tea time, which is after about 3:30 every afternoon.

They waffles are yummy!

Hi

thanks in advance...

Yes there is a waffle maker.

Yes you can use the coffee card for brewed coffee on the 2nd leg. We have done it on our previous trips

DW usually uses the Coffee Card for fresh brewed coffee but the complementary coffee brewed from grounds in the Horizon court on the Regal (and I would assume the Royal) was quite good and she didn't need a Coffee Card for fresh brewed. We used a couple of punches of an old Coffee Card to get her an Americano from the IC to bring with on the tour bus for a couple of early tours.

Even if there are some waffles under a warming light in the Pastry Shop, ask the server to make fresh. There with be self serve toppings including syrup, several berry toppings, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did a 21 day cruise on the Royal in May. The coffee card worked for the entire cruise. However lots of other things were a series of 1 week cruises. The menus for instance repeated veery week. One problem I had was with a 7 punch wine card. After week 1 every time I offered it I still got charged for the bottle and would need to go to PS to get that reversed. Upside was that as an elite got a new bad setup each week.