X's New Advert To Air Tonight....

Bo1953

I have never believed that this board represents the majority of cruisers.

p - Thank you for the premise of this post, often times we forget this. We think or erroneously believe that here on CC is X's universe for passengers and our opinions are the only ones to which X need to listen.

bon voyage

t4 - I believe we as the posters have become divisive in lieu of just thinking about the commercial, which has proved to be too difficult for many to do, so it appears. I can appreciate that now.

While I do appreciate many of the comments pro/con, there are a few who take it beyond the pale of my intent.

It may be too late to move this from the politics and who said what, when and where and focus on the advert only.

I hope we can get back on topic, sans politics, but we are entrenched already...

"Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night' (Dylan Thomas) and bon voyage

When you shared this video, it led to other posts regarding the interviews the CEO has given. Her words are extremely polarizing, divisive and partisan.

Beyond borders, no walls and an advertising campaign to start in the day of the debate which is expected to draw a huge audience.

This is a huge issue in the political arena -- and I believe our country should remain a sovereign nation as it was founded.

We can travel, enjoy other countries without the political discussion which Ms L-P has brought and you shared. The interviews she gave should be read. They are indeed arrogant

But that is my opinion and are Pertinent to this thread. You seem to want to limit the discourse .

My opinion, to which I am as entitled as the CEO is that we are all being targeted and divided by Celebrity just as the politicians do. It doesn't work with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had to watch the ad twice before getting the political message:-)

First of all I love the ad. I think it can only help to improve the image of the US in Europe. The message we get from one of the candidates now isn't very welcoming.

In general people here are following the elections with much more interest than usual, fearing about ideas like building walls etc.

I really like the message in this commercial and think most Europeans do.

I'm sure most Europeans do. After all, the candidate X is supporting would love to turn the US into New Europe.

Bone head play by X. With the latest polls showing an almost dead heat, this political statement by a business will offend about half of the people in the US that are watching the debate.

However there is a silver lining here. If enough of the offended people cancel and/or refuse to book X, Lisa will be forced to lower the rates to fill the ships. What a great gift to those of us who do not care which of the two clowns win.

Sorry about the stockholders

You are so correct. If I owned the company no way would I have allowed the CEO to piss off many customers and create the slightest backlash. Celebrity is not a hold hands across the ocean company, but a company looking for people to spend their extra money on a luxury item SO THEY CAN PROFIT. They are not opening the ships to people without excess money. The message is not aligned to the world population. The average cruising family income in USA is $120,000. That is a wall that can be climbed, but not easily by most in the world. H

The average cruising family income in USA is $120,000. That is a wall that can be climbed, but not easily by most in the world. H

T3 - Please let us know how this can be done in several communities from Roxbury, MA to Camden, NJ to Detroit, MI, to Appalachia KY & WVa, to northern AL & MS, through much of LA and much of NM - how do you propose they can climb the wall of poverty to attain $120k annually? (I presume you meant annually and not over their lifetime).

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

I just watched the ad on TV and found it very slanted politically, and in bad taste. Celebrity, what is wrong with you?

Bo , you seem to be a true gentleman.

OD - Thank you for the compliment, very flattering, to be sure and accepted accordingly.

I saw the advert with family and friends, as it was sandwiched between two (2) commercials, we found it to be calming in tone and approach. Several thought it needed to be the last commercial. We all thought it was not screaming, whining or overbearing in its' message.

Personally, I forgot there were no commercials during the debate... LOL, now I know going forward.

I accept your position and understanding of the advert, yet from my view point it was calm and gentle and low keyed. In fact the volume had to be turned up in order to hear the message.

Thank you for your response and bon voyage

When you shared this video, it led to other posts regarding the interviews the CEO has given. Her words are extremely polarizing, divisive and partisan.

Beyond borders, no walls and an advertising campaign to start in the day of the debate which is expected to draw a huge audience.

This is a huge issue in the political arena -- and I believe our country should remain a sovereign nation as it was founded.

We can travel, enjoy other countries without the political discussion which Ms L-P has brought and you shared. The interviews she gave should be read. They are indeed arrogant

But that is my opinion and are Pertinent to this thread. You seem to want to limit the discourse .

My opinion, to which I am as entitled as the CEO is that we are all being targeted and divided by Celebrity just as the politicians do. It doesn't work with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

t4 - Thank you for your comments. Please know I do believe in the First (1st) Amendment to a fault.

I was not clear in the original posting as to what I sought from the CC community specifically, no I left it to the community to decide. Subsequently I did state what I did not expect, yet did not try to stop, slant or curb any postings, or have I, please point out and I will correct.

As for protecting our Nations Sovereign status upon which it was founded, we as Americans can conveniently forget what was done to achieve our status and Peoples used, re-settled and the like to achieve this. People of whom are still marginalized to this day to keep Our National Sovereignty.

I do travel, I do share in political discourse here and abroad with the caveat that all have their rights to believe and support the system of Government they support just as long as conditions of Human Rights are not abused or denied.

Sometimes, We forget here in the U.S. some of the atrocities we promote in the name of 'Sovereignty' or 'States Rights' to the detriment of the citizens or residents who are affected the most. I understand this.

We can only be the 'target' if we choose to be targeted. If we want or choose to be divided, then we will. If we choose to accept opposing positions on various political or non-political issues, then we will be divided upon choosing not to respect the others view. It is so easy to advance that the 'other' person or entity does not accept our view, I choose to be the bigger person and understand there will be differences and know that through MY understanding I choose to continue to take the first step towards reconciliation and healing rather others choose to or not.

Thank you again and bon voyage....

p.s. - I know I can be arrogant as well, from time to time and have no apology for it. Just a different vision and view and experience which dictates it... just like others, to be sure.