anyone use a luggage strap ?

luckyinpa

i'm driving to port but when i last flew 20 years ago, i had a bright rainbow strap around my suitcase so it would be easy to spot on the carousel.

i have a hard grey suitcase and gf has black soft side so i'm thinking it may be a wise idea to try to make the suitcases stand out.

how common or necessary is this for easy of luggage retrieval?

i'm assuming the haven bags go to the same place all the other ones do?

also i dont know our dimensions but i know there's a king bed in the spa suite so will it fit under the bed. will measure tonight

Edited by luckyinpa

If it gives you peace of mind, go for it. You will see ribbons, bows, straps, keychains, flowers, stickers, shower puffs (gross!) hanging all over luggage in the airport and at the cruise port.

Shouldn't have any issues sliding your cases under the bed but you may have to open them up and lay them flat or lift the bed a little.

I have little red and orange pom-pon looking things on our luggage. Got them in a luggage store, they had many different color combinations.

I don't see what is so gross about using a shower puff. Sometimes they come free when you buy body wash. I don't use them, and my wife doesn't use them either, so why not use them as luggage identifiers?

We use neon green straps. Never had an issue on a cruise, but the TSA lost one of mine when I flew (they inspected my bag) and that threw me for a loop.

I use neon green too........neon green duct tape! Trying not to think about lost luggage. DS is notorious for having his luggage inspected. Glad we are flying in and meeting up a day early.

I've used hot-pink Samsonite luggage straps for years. Won't leave home without them. They're filthy now, but many times on a ship or at the airport during a flight delay, I've been able to get someone to retrieve my luggage from a huge pile because of the strap.

Not to mention they keep the suitcase together and your undies inside if the zipper or latch gets destroyed. It happens. ;)

Now I have a purple suitcase, so if I ask, "Please find the purple suitcase with the hot pink strap," it's a slam dunk. :D

We never used luggage straps until earlier this year someone else picked up one of our bags when disembarking at Barcelona, there was only one other bag left (the one the lady should of taken instead of ours) it had a label with her picture on it but she still picked up ours and went to the airport with it, fortunately it had her phone number on it and we managed to call her and a mad dash to the airport to find her and our bag began! We didn't seem to be the only ones with this problem either at the time! After that we went online and bought some bright yellow luggage straps with the words 'NOT YOUR BAG HANDS OFF' embroider into them! Lol

i'm driving to port but when i last flew 20 years ago, i had a bright rainbow strap around my suitcase so it would be easy to spot on the carousel.

i have a hard grey suitcase and gf has black soft side so i'm thinking it may be a wise idea to try to make the suitcases stand out.

how common or necessary is this for easy of luggage retrieval?

i'm assuming the haven bags go to the same place all the other ones do?

also i dont know our dimensions but i know there's a king bed in the spa suite so will it fit under the bed. will measure tonight

We always use a luggage strap. One is bright yellow with our last name on it, the other is rainbow. Helps in spotting luggage at airport as well as in cruise terminal warehouse.

Yes, I always use straps. I also go to a craft store and buy two spools of craft ribbon in two bright, clashing colors and patterns. I use a strip of each together to tie onto all the handles on each suitcase. The suitcases may be black, but I can spot them from far away with the straps and clashing ribbon ties.

I seem to go through suitcases like other people go through socks. I travel a lot for work and even my carry-on bags often end up in the hold on small planes. So I buy bags in the "sale" section and generally get them in bright colors. I can't remember the last time I got off a plane or ship and had trouble recognizing my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk