Ideas for Debarkation Day

mthomp5

My husband and I are going to be on the 11/20 Western Caribbean Cruise on the Regal and we arrive back in port (Ft. Lauderdale) at 6am. Our flight isn't until 6:30pm. Any suggestions on what to do in terms of sightseeing in Ft. Lauderdale? We've signed up for a Princess tour that includes transfers to the airport but that tour is only until 1pm.

Rent A car and go take a boat ride in the Everglades :)

We were thinking of doing that for a cruise we have in a couple months, but with the Zika virus in Miami do you think that excursion is still a safe option?

Arlene

We did the Princess Everglades Airboat Ride/Flamingo Gardens disembarkation excursion with transport to the airport, and it was great. We were dropped off at the airport around 1:30 or 2. Our flight left at 6, so we did still have loads of waiting time at the airport, but it went pretty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Princess Everglades Airboat Ride/Flamingo Gardens disembarkation excursion with transport to the airport, and it was great. We were dropped off at the airport around 1:30 or 2. Our flight left at 6, so we did still have loads of waiting time at the airport, but it went pretty fast.

Thanks for the feedback on the tour! That's exactly what we have planned right now! Did you have your luggage with you on the tour? If they offer EZ Check for our luggage, we were going to consider using that service. Then we'd only have our carryon to deal with on debarkation day.

Thanks for the feedback on the tour! That's exactly what we have planned right now! Did you have your luggage with you on the tour? If they offer EZ Check for our luggage, we were going to consider using that service. Then we'd only have our carryon to deal with on debarkation day.

We did that tour in-between a B2B while in FFL. The passengers with luggage that were getting dropped off at the airport had their luggage handled by the tour. No problem for them in that regard that we could see. You may want to check on that. Once at the airport it is 12:30 to 1:00. Not a lot of extra time to do more from the airport. We bring digital books on our portable devices and pass the time that way. Have a great cruise.

We did that tour in-between a B2B while in FFL. The passengers with luggage that were getting dropped off at the airport had their luggage handled by the tour. No problem for them in that regard that we could see. You may want to check on that. Once at the airport it is 12:30 to 1:00. Not a lot of extra time to do more from the airport. We bring digital books on our portable devices and pass the time that way. Have a great cruise.

Thank you for the info on the passengers with luggage. I think this will be the route we take. It will make it a leisurely day for us. Thanks! We are definitely looking forward to the cruise!

We claimed our luggage easily in the cruise terminal and wheeled it out to the excursion coaches. It was then put beneath our coach and offloaded with us at the airport. They organized us in coaches by airline and airport. It was a smooth process.

We claimed our luggage easily in the cruise terminal and wheeled it out to the excursion coaches. It was then put beneath our coach and offloaded with us at the airport. They organized us in coaches by airline and airport. It was a smooth process.

Great! Thank you! This is all great to know. It helped us make our decision! We will do this!

What did you do with your luggage? Never mind, I just got my answer as I read further down.

Originally Posted by cruisequeen4ever View Post

Edited by elliair

I booked the Everglades boat ride and Flamingo Gardens Wildlife Sanctuary. Our plane leaves at 4:00 and the excursion is approximately 4 hours. Princess is having an excursion sale - $71.96 per person. They pick you up at the ship at 9:00 am. It works out perfect for us and no waiting around at the airport. They take you directly to the airport. If you book it, pay attention to which airport you're leaving from - Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

I booked the Everglades boat ride and Flamingo Gardens Wildlife Sanctuary. Our plane leaves at 4:00 and the excursion is approximately 4 hours. Princess is having an excursion sale - $71.96 per person. They pick you up at the ship at 9:00 am. It works out perfect for us and no waiting around at the airport. They take you directly to the airport. If you book it, pay attention to which airport you're leaving from - Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

We've booked that trip on our turnaround day, and for debarkation day have booked the Miami tour, that does the same type of thing, giving a tour of 5hrs duration and then dropping at Miami Airport. Our flight back to LHR isn't until 1800 so we will still have a couple of hours to kill. We had transfers to the airport included in our package, and were going to take that, drop the bags in left luggage and then take a taxi somewhere, but the tour looks after our luggage for us and looks a better deal.

We've booked that trip on our turnaround day, and for debarkation day have booked the Miami tour, that does the same type of thing, giving a tour of 5hrs duration and then dropping at Miami Airport. Our flight back to LHR isn't until 1800 so we will still have a couple of hours to kill. We had transfers to the airport included in our package, and were going to take that, drop the bags in left luggage and then take a taxi somewhere, but the tour looks after our luggage for us and looks a better deal.

Agree...same here. The tour sure helps with a lot of the logistics! We're doing the same but to Ft. Lauderdale airport.