Junior Suite Guarantee - 3 Days

Garavar

I booked a Guarantee for the first time ever. (Typically, I book JS or GS because I like to pick the location, but this time the gap was in price was significant.)

Anyway its now Monday and we sailing Friday. My room still hasnt been assigned. The ship is also sold out. Is this normal? Do I have to show up at port to get room?

Also it says I must check in 3 days prior to sailing. Would that be today? or Tuesday? If its Tuesday I might wait an extra day before checking in.

Thanks

I booked a Guarantee for the first time ever. (Typically, I book JS or GS because I like to pick the location, but this time the gap was in price was significant.)

Anyway its now Monday and we sailing Friday. My room still hasnt been assigned. The ship is also sold out. Is this normal? Do I have to show up at port to get room?

Also it says I must check in 3 days prior to sailing. Would that be today? or Tuesday? If its Tuesday I might wait an extra day before checking in.

Thanks

You should be able to complete the online check-in now.

Your stateroom can be assigned anytime between now and when you show up at the pier. If you have not received your stateroom assignment by the time you arrive at the pier, the porters will be able to look up the assignment on the manifest and make luggage tags for you.

I can check in online right now, but I dont want to. Want to give it 1 more day to see if my cabin is assigned.

When would my deadline be? It says you must check in 3 days before sailing so 3 days in my mind would be Tuesday (Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday) unless it is counted as Tuesday already being a day so Wednesday, Thursday, Friday thus Tuesday being too late.

I can check in online right now, but I dont want to. Want to give it 1 more day to see if my cabin is assigned. ... .

Checking in online won't have any effect on your stateroom assignment. I don't understand why you would want to wait until the last minute when it has no effect.:confused:

Checking in online won't have any effect on your stateroom assignment. I don't understand why you would want to wait until the last minute when it has no effect.:confused:

Never booked Guarantee so correct me if I am mistaken....

If I check in now they will issue my cruise docs and set sailpass and tags with no room on it. Then if they assign my room after that I cannot reprint the docs with room on it because its already been issued.

But if I wait until tomorrow and they assign my room, say tonight, and then i check in wouldnt my setsail pass and luggage tags print with my room number on it?

Never booked Guarantee so correct me if I am mistaken....

If I check in now they will issue my cruise docs and set sailpass and tags with no room on it. Then if they assign my room after that I cannot reprint the docs with room on it because its already been issued.

But if I wait until tomorrow and they assign my room, say tonight, and then i check in wouldnt my setsail pass and luggage tags print with my room number on it?

Completing the online check-in has no effect on the issuance of your cruise docs. Online check-in is optional, and they will issue cruise docs whenever they want, irrespective of the completion of online check-in.

You might find that your cruise docs are ready now.

I'll reiterate what Bob said - checking in and having docs with no stateroom number has no impact on check-in at the pier. If you wait too long and don't do the online check-in, then you WILL have a problem at the pier. Stop waiting, do the check-in, and all will be well. Odds are if your docs are ready now (which I assume they are), they will not be "refreshed" to show your stateroom number anyway. If you know your stateroom number, just give it to the porters and they will apply luggage tags for you.

Thanks

I'm reading with interest as I've never had a chance to try and book a suite guarantee. Looking at your signature, I am guessing you are talking about your upcoming Enchantment cruise? I am going to guess the hurricane and related cancelations that have come and will come is playing major difficulties with Royals logistics. From what I have read many people get their assignments earlier in normal times.

You should check in and take care of it. The worst that could happen is you need to reprint a few pages because they now have a room assignment. It will not change the room you get. I have logged on for a Sunday sailing to find on a Saturday the room had been upgraded. I just reprinted the pages and after jumping up and down, I changed the the luggage tags to the new room.

I would wait on printing the luggage tags until the last minute.

Update:

Checked in on Monday, it's now Wednesday and still no Cabin assignment.

Is that normal? The cruise is on Friday, is it possible I will get all the way to port with no cabin assigned?

Also my set sail pass says "GTY" instead of JS Guarantee or W will they give me issues trying to get into Suite line. Because the circle with would "Suite" is missing.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Update:

Is that normal? The cruise is on Friday, is it possible I will get all the way to port with no cabin assigned?...

The porters will be able to consult the manifest and make proper luggage tags for you.

Update:

Is that normal? The cruise is on Friday, is it possible I will get all the way to port with no cabin assigned?

Also my set sail pass says "GTY" instead of JS Guarantee or W will they give me issues trying to get into Suite line. Because the circle with would "Suite" is missing.

Yes, it can happen. When you book a GTY, you may not know your cabin until you arrive at port. One of the fun perks of the lower price is the anticipation! ;-)

If you do not yet know your cabin number when you arrive, just ask the porter and they will have the manifest. Let the security person know you were just assigned your cabin, that you were in a JS GTY, and they should let you pass. Also print your cruise documentation and/or invoice if you are concerned - both should also be able to verify you receive priority boarding.

Update:

On Enchantment, 4 night 2 weeks ago, in a GS. We arrived around 1145, with the exception of the new and GOLD line, all lines seemed about equal. They had one checkin counter exclusively for Suite/P, and another counter switching back between Suite/P and D?D+. Maybe it was the time we arrived but didn't see a huge benefit for the Suite line. There is a lounge for Suite/P and may include D/D+(not sure) but it was not in use since boarding was already underway.

Edited by troykahack

Well I just found out why I still don't have a cabin assigned....

"Hello [name omitted]

We are currently oversold on the EN 10/14/16 sailing, we are offering the following.

1. Move the EN 10/21/16 in JS with a 100.00 onboard credit.

2. Remain on EN 10/14/16 downgrade to Ocean view and receive difference in fare paid and 100.00 onboard credit, and be upgraded back in case of cancellations on day of embarkation.

3. Cancel and receive full refund."

I don't like any of those options

"Hello [name omitted]

We are currently oversold on the EN 10/14/16 sailing, we are offering the following.

2. Remain on EN 10/14/16 downgrade to Ocean view and receive difference in fare paid and 100.00 onboard credit, and be upgraded back in case of cancellations on day of embarkation.

Very sorry to hear this. Sounds like RC messed up on this one. I'd probably go with #2 because of flight reservations and work schedule.

I'd also be curious to know how they intend to compute "difference in fare paid"? Is it the difference at the time you chose the "W", or the difference between what you paid and the price of the OV now, which might not be good because the OV price might have gone up since you booked the "W". If you are inclined to choose #2, then I'd get this "difference" number from them before you commit.

"Hello [name omitted]

Wow, sorry to hear. I would push back and ask for much more than they're offering. $100 OBC is pretty sad. Options 1 and 3 would be a non-starter for me.

Very sorry to hear this. Sounds like RC messed up on this one. I'd probably go with #2 because of flight reservations and work schedule.

I'd also be curious to know how they intend to compute "difference in fare paid"? Is it the difference at the time you chose the "W", or the difference between what you paid and the price of the OV now, which might not be good because the OV price might have gone up since you booked the "W". If you are inclined to choose #2, then I'd get this "difference" number from them before you commit.

I have no idea how they will compute this but it's very upsetting nonetheless. If you look at my sig you will see we never travel in anything less than a JS. (Except for a 2 day tester cruise on Allure)

Although it is a 3 day cruise, a partial refund + 100 OBC is not going to make me happy because we stay in Suites. Also because we want the CA points (if you remember my last issue with canceled empress and moved to New sailing they wouldn't give me 1 point, they definitely won't give me 3)

This was my first time booking a guarantee and of course it blew up in my face. Do I have to accept one of there 3 options? Because they all stink.

What bugs me most is when I booked the JS Guarantee there were at least 3 JSs left. After I booked JS Guarantee option went away and I checked daily to see if prices dropped or a GS became available.

Two JSs were left on Sunday for full price not guarantee price and on Monday the ship went sold out. Does that mean 3 people are getting moved or canceled? Or are they moving and canceling me because I was the guarantee and the other 2 that booked after me paid full price.

Edited by Garavar

Wow, sorry to hear. I would push back and ask for much more than they're offering. $100 OBC is pretty sad. Options 1 and 3 would be a non-starter for me.

I have no hope for getting any more compensation either. As I said in my last post back in May when empress was canceled they wanted to move me from 5 night empress OS to 4 night majesty OS and all I wanted was my 2 CA points so I could hit diamond and they said no. I didn't want OBC, refund, nothing, just my 2 CA points and they shot me down.

Highly doubt they will offer me anything else beside $100 OBC and a crappy room, I just emailed them back and told them I wasn't happy and none of options work for me.

We shall see, probably going to get a big "well you are Loyal to Royal we can bend you over and you'll come back" response :(

This was my first time booking a guarantee and of course it blew up in my face. Do I have to accept one of there 3 options? Because they all stink....

You can call C&A and make your case with them. I'd have some ideas in mind before you call, such as another cruise you would like to switch to, or some higher amount of OBC, etc. I don't know if it will do any good. I suspect that if you do nothing, #3 will occur.

I still say the pool deck is a great option. :D

But that sucks. You need to call the C&A desk and make a major fuss. You should get at least $200 and the difference in the fare when it was booked.

You booked a suite, you should get a suite.

Wow! I'm sorry, op. Guess I'm naive because I didn't realize that they overbooked cruises. Seems awfully late to be notified. I would also be upset, but would probably try to negotiate a better deal if I couldn't change my cruise. Just curious, did you book on-line or call Royal direct when you booked?

We shall see, probably going to get a big "well you are Loyal to Royal we can bend you over and you'll come back" response :(

Don't lose hope yet - they may have others to shuffle around and they may bite at one of the offers, which may open something.