Junior Suite Guarantee - 3 Days

Garavar

You can call C&A and make your case with them. I'd have some ideas in mind before you call, such as another cruise you would like to switch to, or some higher amount of OBC, etc. I don't know if it will do any good. I suspect that if you do nothing, #3 will occur.

I emailed back saying I wasn't accepting any option so I hope they don't cancel me. I tried with CA last time with my empress cancelation. I just don't have the energy to go through that again.

Wow! I'm sorry, op. Guess I'm naive because I didn't realize that they overbooked cruises. Seems awfully late to be notified. I would also be upset, but would probably try to negotiate a better deal if I couldn't change my cruise. Just curious, did you book on-line or call Royal direct when you booked?

I never thought this could happen either. All I hear are stories of people booking JS Guarantees and getting GS on sell out. Never Oceanview?!

I booked through a TA

Don't lose hope yet - they may have others to shuffle around and they may bite at one of the offers, which may open something.

I have some hope, but not a lot. Keep checking my email constantly.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Garavar

I emailed back saying I wasn't accepting any option so I hope they don't cancel me. I tried with CA last time with my empress cancelation. I just don't have the energy to go through that again.

I never thought this could happen either. All I hear are stories of people booking JS Guarantees and getting GS on sell out. Never Oceanview?!

I booked through a TA

I have some hope, but not a lot. Keep checking my email constantly.

Well, we now know there is also a "downgrade" fairy. If this is a TA you use often, I'd have them fight this fight with you.

I sail in 3 weeks on Oasis in a JS GTY. No room assignment. There are 3 JS and 3 CLS left. They up sold/upgraded a bunch of people last week. Now you've got me nervous lol.

Edited by MikeBTN

Well, we now know there is also a "downgrade" fairy. If this is a TA you use often, I'd have them fight this fight with you.

I sail in 3 weeks on Oasis in a JS GTY. No room assignment. There are 3 JS and 3 CLS left. They up sold/upgraded a bunch of people last week. Now you've got me nervous lol.

First I am hearing of a downgrade fairy but I don't like her.

My TA usually fights for me, he tried valiantly with RC last cancelation but today is Yom Kippur and I don't want to bother him further.

That email was sent to him (hence name omitted) he forwarded it to me so I could respond and apologized for not being able to help me today.

So I will spend today worrying about getting canceled or moved.

Wow.... unreal... I wouldn't have thought this would be the result of JS GTY.

I have never seen a GTY offer for GS or better, just JS.

EN is strange. The 4 night cruise is half empty and the 3 days are packed... after our last 3 day, we decided to save up more time and take longer cruises.

I know the 3 days works nice for many locals. Hope this is resolved.

Edited by troykahack

So sorry, Garavar, no advice to give or experience to share just shocked that you can book a JS guarantee and then be offered something else so different!

Never booked a guarantee and certainly will not now...

Sincere best wishes for a happ(ier) ending than the choices you are presently being offered.

Please let us know the final outcome.

Like with RCI CSRs, you might get a better one this time.

Biker, who would definitely call in this situation instead of waiting for an e-mail.

Bob agrees with Biker about calling.

Edited by clarea

Call who? CA or CS? What's CRS?

I've always had the best luck calling C&A. However, I just read the part about your booking being with a TA, so that may make it difficult for them to talk with you.

I've always had the best luck calling C&A. However, I just read the part about your booking being with a TA, so that may make it difficult for them to talk with you.

Call C&A, like you did with the last cancellation, but as Bob suggested have some counter offer ready when you get low balled.

Sorry, CSR = Customer Service Rep

I will try calling now, I don't have a counter offer I want my JS :(

I would call. Are there any categories higher available? I agree it's bull crap. You paid for a guarantee. To be downgraded (refunded the difference) and only be given $100 is not acceptable. I would call crown and anchor. They can see you always get a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My TA usually fights for me, he tried valiantly with RC last cancellation but today is Yom Kippur and I don't want to bother him further.

So I will spend today worrying about getting canceled or moved.

What's more important, your sanity or bothering a TA?

Biker, who believes the TA could off load this issue to someone else.

I will try calling now, I don't have a counter offer I want my JS :(

Or better category of suite which you were guarantied when you booked. Suggest that RCI make an offer to others to give up their suite. :D

Edited by robtulipe

Or better category of suite which you were guarantied when you booked. Suggest that RCI make an offer to others to give up their suite. :D

I thought of that, but it looks like all the suites are sold out too.

Wow.... unreal... I wouldn't have thought this would be the result of JS GTY.

I have never seen a GTY offer for GS or better, just JS.

EN is strange. The 4 night cruise is half empty and the 3 days are packed... after our last 3 day, we decided to save up more time and take longer cruises.

I know the 3 days works nice for many locals. Hope this is resolved.

Currently GS GTY for 3+ pax on Nov 5th Oasis sailing. It's 3k more than I paid for our JS GTY (that's about 60% more), otherwise I'd upgrade. The JS GTY was cheaper than a D8 when I booked a few weeks ago!

I thought of that, but it looks like all the suites are sold out too.

Yes, that is the case but RCI can make an offer to others to vacate their JS or even better for Garavar, a full suite category. :D

That's what RCI guarantied and I would hold them to that if it were me in this situation. ;)

I always thought that if RCI's change offer wasn't acceptable to someone they would make it to others to free up a cabin with such a situation.

Edited by robtulipe

Here is their own definition on the website:

GUARANTEES

"The commitment that a stateroom in the same category as that purchased will be assigned. If one is not available, a stateroom in the next category of greater value will be assigned."

--Now I understand that sometimes, mistakes are made. But that is not your problem. They need to give you better options than $100 obc (laughable) or give you a better room. Not a worse one.

I would call and stay very calm explain the TA situation and just keep bugging them.

They shouldn't be allowed to get away with those meager counter offers. Otherwise, it's too easy to do it again, to someone else.

Edited by marci22