Junior Suite Guarantee - 3 Days

Garavar

Please call C&A ASAP and tell them the situation with your TA which is the reason for you calling directly. Do not accept any of their offers as they are a slap in the face. Hold your ground ,and I am willing they will find something for you that is JS or above. They are hoping you don't make a fuss but enough people on here have made fusses and it works.

If for any reason they still can't help you with this sailing, ask for additional compensation. Tell them you had to take time off work or whatever that will make it seem like this is a huge inconvenience for you (which I'm sure it is).

Good luck and report back!

Wow, that really sucks. Unfortunately though I think that you will be stuck with one of the 3 options. Perhaps they will sweeten the OBC offer but I doubt that you will end up in a suite.

All the suites are booked. Even if they were to call and ask people if they would like to give up their suite (highly unlikely due to manpower involved) it is even more unlikely that anyone else would give up their suite as if they were only offering you $100 then that's all they would offer someone else. It's not like giving up your seat on a plane where you can catch the next flight a few hours later.

If you do nothing then they will just refund your money and this will be closed. Better to decide if you want to change dates (offer alternative dates) or to accept an Oceanview and cash (maybe try for the offered OBC plus double points).

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Considering they gave the folks scheduled to sail the Majesty last week a future cruise credit of 150% of what they paid for the Majesty sailing, I'd say the "or we'll just cancel" offer to be a bit ridiculous considering this was their error, not an act of God. I would want AT LEAST 150% future credit if they wanted to cancel me.

I'd love to hear the outcome of this. I always have heard when cruiselines overbook that they make very sweet offers. A refund to some nebulous OV rate and $100 OBC is ridiculous.

This was clearly their mistake and they should be bending over backwards to make it right.

I'd love to hear the outcome of this. I always have heard when cruiselines overbook that they make very sweet offers. A refund to some nebulous OV rate and $100 OBC is ridiculous.

This was clearly their mistake and they should be bending over backwards to make it right.

CA couldn't do anything they said it will be worked out with a supervisor and my TA tomorrow morning.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Agreed. If not, I would be calling my local news station. This is much more of a media problem for them than the Canadian lady who (laughably) complained about rough seas on Anthem a few months ago.

Agreed

Interested to see how this turns out. $100 is laughable

That's for sure when I've heard of a full refund and a free future cruise as a move over offer in similar situations or this cruise in the OV should be at no cost to Garavar. :D

Here is their own definition on the website:

GUARANTEES

"The commitment that a stateroom in the same category as that purchased will be assigned. If one is not available, a stateroom in the next category of greater value will be assigned."

--Now I understand that sometimes, mistakes are made. But that is not your problem. They need to give you better options than $100 obc (laughable) or give you a better room. Not a worse one.

I would call and stay very calm explain the TA situation and just keep bugging them.

They shouldn't be allowed to get away with those meager counter offers. Otherwise, it's too easy to do it again, to someone else.

Where on the website did you see this language?

Late bookings and choosing a Guarantee are always a crapshoot.

Hopefully it will work out, good luck.

Agreed, but he should still have A cabin, and at least the category cabin he booked. Its not like he booked a standby seat on a flight.

I realize the cruise contract allows them to do this, but giving notice 3 days prior to embarkation puts a big burden on the passenger who may lose vacation days and have non-refundable flights, hotels, etc.

Edited by MikeBTN

Where on the website did you see this language?

Nevermind found it

At times like this I wonder, does the OPs proximity to port influence who they try to bump first? All things equal, would they do this to say a Brit flying in for this sailing?

I would think so, this is the 3rd time they've canceled me or tried. I am 10 minutes from Port Everglades and probably about 40 minutes from Port of Miami (less with no traffic)

The last time they tried to cancel me, I told them no way that I had a whole party coming and they would have to cancel all my guests and refund their airfare.

They quickly changed their mind and said don't worry they will cancel someone else.

At times like this I wonder, does the OPs proximity to port influence who they try to bump first? All things equal, would they do this to say a Brit flying in for this sailing?

This makes sense. Crummy, but I guess if you're going to tick someone off, tick off the guy who's not out hundreds on flights & hotels.

Agreed, but he should still have A cabin, and at least the category cabin he booked. Its not like he booked a standby seat on a flight.

I realize the cruise contract allows them to do this, but giving notice 3 days prior to embarkation puts a big burden on the passenger who may lose vacation days and have non-refundable flights, hotels, etc.

He lives in Ft Lauderdale I believe.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

16 hours flying for a 3 day booze cruise. 😱😱😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I've met people on 3/4 day Enchantment from West coast so it's plausible for Europeans to come for enchantment.

They definitely wouldn't be cancelled

I can't find the thread from maybe a year ago about the guy who booked a W "Deluxe Gty" and I think on Friday night for a Sunday sailing they assigned him a Deluxe Oceanview Balcony - not a suite - claimed it met the Deluxe Gty and that no one would be in until Monday who could do anything:mad: And they were going to charge him current pricing which was MORE! After a lot of people on CC saying this was BS, he still ended up in balcony not suite with something like $800 for his trouble. My comment was that would have been a fair first offer but given the crap they attempted to feed him he should have gotten more. The details are probably off some, but that was the essence. I agree that $100 OBC is a joke.

The more I think about it the more I think a fair offer would be to GIVE you the balcony cabin. I'm not kidding - give it to you. RCI GUARANTEED you a suite, and it is entirely their fault that they can't deliver- it is not weather, mechanical etc beyond their control. I just got 600 Euros from Lufthansa because I had a mechanical delay in excess of 3 hours (this is required by EU261/2004). Companies complain about over regulation; those regulations come about because they screwed customers one to many times. And IMO RCI's offer is not fair.

In case others want to know, the guarantee description is on the glossary page on the RC website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/glossary.do?backTo=true

I suppose that all they are required to do is to refund your money, but it seems very wrong for them to oversell a category and then basically say, oh well, too bad, you're out of luck. It makes their 'guarantee' meaningless.

I can't find the thread from maybe a year ago about the guy who booked a W "Deluxe Gty" and I think on Friday night for a Sunday sailing they assigned him a Deluxe Oceanview Balcony - not a suite - claimed it met the Deluxe Gty and that no one would be in until Monday who could do anything.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2053348 Results on page 4.

"What they've done is given us a $1,000 obc. Their offer was $600 but I think for the mess they've made they could at least buy me a few beers. So she threw in what amounts to a drink package and rounded it up. They've also emailed the ship and told them if there happens to be a suite open at check-in or before, they'll put us in it. Unlikely we'll get a suite for that cabin but you never know. "

He also got double points even though he was downgraded. Page 6. I think the initial offer was $200 obc and refund the difference in price between the two categories.

So in the end he got the price difference in downgrade refunded, $1000 obc, and double points although not in a suite.

Edited by marci22