Aurora cabins to avoid?

jonjo69

2 hours ago, littlehetty1 said:

hi we have booked  cabin B128 on Aurora has anyone stayed in this cabin and got any views to share? cheers

Right, you have started a row here!!! 

I think we have but Michelle insists it was next door. 

Either way it would be the same. 

Nice inside cabin with a sofa, quiet with plenty of storage. Dated but clean enough, slightly pongy bathroom but not too bad, take a little air freshener. 

At the end of your corridor is a little balcony at the front of the ship, ideal for sail aways and Titanic reconstructions... 😊

We managed to have a fantastic holiday for 9 nights in this cabin. 

High up and forward, so you will get rocked to sleep if the sea is rough. 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Nice inside cabin with a sofa, quiet with plenty of storage. Dated but clean enough, slightly pongy bathroom but not too bad, take a little air freshener. 

At the end of your corridor is a little balcony at the front of the ship, ideal for sail aways and Titanic reconstructions... 😊

Andy 

Welcome back Andy. How was your cruise?

57 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Fantastic, thank you, we had a great time. 

Back to reality now, who is going to turn my bed down tonight? 😊

Andy 

I've just found a sticky toffee under my bed.I'll send it so you can put it on your pillow.

• Haha 2

On 11/17/2019 at 2:23 PM, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

thank you andy i was a little worried about noise from the deck above but you've put my mind at rest cheers

7 minutes ago, littlehetty1 said:

thank you andy i was a little worried about noise from the deck above but you've put my mind at rest cheers

No noticeable noise, just the usual drawer slammers that you seem to get on every ship. 

We love Aurora and enjoyed this cabin, wouldn't hesitate to book it again. 

Andy 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 4:19 PM, Hols4 said:

Hols4

Selbourne we had C248 last month on Aurora and did get noise on the one morning of tendering at Sorento. I think any cabin towards the aft of the ship will hear the davids but it hasn't put us off booking on C deck as the rest of the time it is quite and near the centre lifts which is convenient for getting most places.I

We always book C deck mid to aft balcony on Aurora.

Oh dear we booked C246 for Canada/US Sept 2021 and a lot of other cabins round there are already booked.  Was it just when the tenders were being dropped down to use, or did you get noise if seas were rough for instance?

also sailing on ventura this dec we are in seaview cabin P221, this according to p&o was a free upgrade from a partially obstructed view which i wish they had just left us in as i don't like to be quite so low down in the ship. but never mind it's done now so does anyone have any views on this ventura cabin P221? please. thanks for all your input everyone 

Hols4

Don't worry tring it is only if you have to tender there is any noise and there is no noise when the sea is rough. We always book a cabin on  that deck mid ships and it is never noisy and is near the centre lifts to get to most of the ship and the launderette is near your cabin as well, enjoy your cruise wish we were on that one.

1 hour ago, Hols4 said:

Hols4

Don't worry tring it is only if you have to tender there is any noise and there is no noise when the sea is rough. We always book a cabin on  that deck mid ships and it is never noisy and is near the centre lifts to get to most of the ship and the launderette is near your cabin as well, enjoy your cruise wish we were on that one.

They've also soundproofed the laundrettes so you can't hear the fights going on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hols4 said:

Hols4

Thanks for the reassurance.  It will only be when we are in port as well and with that American Eastern Seaboard cruise there will be a lot of ports new to us which we will want to make the most of, so really need to be waking up early, rather than taking our normal leisurely approach to cruising 🙂

The only ports we have done previously are St John's (where my brother lives), Corner Brook and Sydney, all of which we called at on our way to Montreal and back from Liverpool about 3-4 years ago with Fred.

Edited by tring

Does anyone have experience of Cabin A317 on Aurora? It’s right at the aft of the ship near the back door to the deck. It seems a very odd square shape on the deck plans and I’m wondering if it’s designed as a smaller solo OV cabin? I’m on Aurora on Friday. My friend has a suite so I will have “squatter’s rights” in there anyway! 

8 hours ago, Lottie A said:

Does anyone have experience of Cabin A317 on Aurora? It’s right at the aft of the ship near the back door to the deck. It seems a very odd square shape on the deck plans and I’m wondering if it’s designed as a smaller solo OV cabin? I’m on Aurora on Friday. My friend has a suite so I will have “squatter’s rights” in there anyway! 

Not familiar with the cabin but in a great part of the ship, close to the beautiful tiered stern. 

We were just along the corridor and it was great. 

Andy 

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Not familiar with the cabin but in a great part of the ship, close to the beautiful tiered stern. 

We were just along the corridor and it was great. 

Andy 

Thanks Andy. I’m sure it will be fine and I will only be in there to sleep and shower but it does look an odd shape on the deck plan. 

• Like 1

For what it is worth... we have just spent a week in C170 on Aurora which is one of the "Larger outside" cabins. We were concerned about the interconnecting door to the next cabin meaning it might be noisy, but instead of the door now there is a large quilted panel covering the door. I assume there was one the other side too...? It was one of the quietest cabins we have ever stayed in! (we usually have a balcony of some description). very occasional sound of drawers but nothing of any note.

It was like having a deluxe balcony cabin size wise, but without the balcony, just a picture window...bathroom with small bath, plenty of storage space, and a large sofa.