New menu for Le Bistro

dng6325

Sorry didn't take a photo. The salmon mousse has gone that they use to bring with bread. The cones have gone too as has the duck confit.

The new veal was delicious as was the lamb

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please tell me about the lamb! I loved the lamb chops last year and am hoping I won't be disappointed with the new lamb entree. Thanks!

Sorry didn't take a photo. The salmon mousse has gone that they use to bring with bread. The cones have gone too as has the duck confit.

The cones and the duck were 2 of my favorites :eek:

They have ruined the lamb. They replaced the lamb chops with a lamb loin medallions. We were in the gally watching the butcher cut the loin out of a rack of lamb and discard the bone. The seasoning on the new dish is just wrong.

About half the cruises we took this year were on the old menu, and we take advantage of the last of the lamb chops with our platinum dinner.

Edited by BirdTravels

They have ruined the lamb. They replaced the lamb chops with a lamb loin medallions. We were in the gally watching the butcher cut the loin out of a rack of lamb and discard the bone. The seasoning on the new dish is just wrong.

About half the cruises we took this year were on the old menu, and we take advantage of the last of the lamb chops with our platinum dinner.

I agree 100%

I think the best lamb chops on my last 4 cruises has been in Moderno. Just ask them to bring them the way you like them , I like mine medium rare. On the Breakaway last month the ones Moderno were perfect, very small, cooked and seasoned well. I had 7 of them.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have the actual recipe  from Le Bistro for the salmon mousse with capers? I loved it. We used to eat there a few times for each sailing and we’ve been on many NCL cruises. If anyone can share the recipe I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you. 

On 10/19/2016 at 3:32 PM, skeeter195 said:

I think the best lamb chops on my last 4 cruises has been in Moderno. Just ask them to bring them the way you like them , I like mine medium rare. On the Breakaway last month the ones Moderno were perfect, very small, cooked and seasoned well. I had 7 of them.

I had the opposite experience on the Breakaway in October and the Epic last spring.  The lamb chops in Moderno were just terrible and those in Le Bistro were outstanding.