New American Express Offer

4_THE_HALIBUT

Didn't see this mentioned yet. There is a new statement credit offer out from American Express. Check your account!

World's Leading Cruise Lines

Spend $500 or more, get $100 back

Details

Get a $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend $500+ while booking cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn or Cunard by 4/14/2017.

Terms

Enrollment is limited. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 10/14/16 and 4/14/17 with (1) Carnival at http://www.carnival.com or via phone 1-800-764-7419; (2) Holland America at http://www.hollandamerica.com or via phone 1-877-932-4259; (3) Princess Cruises at http://www.princess.com or via phone 1-800-774-6237; (4) Seabourn at http://www.seabourn.com or via phone 1-866-755-5619; or (5) Cunard at http://www.cunard.com or via phone 1-800-728-6273; or (6) through your Travel Professional between 10/14/16 and 4/14/17. Excludes the following brands: Costa, P&O Cruises, P&O Australia, Aida and Fathom. Excludes onboard purchases, transfers and transportation to the ship, gift and services, full ship charters, Base Camp at Denali Park (Holland America), McKinley Chalet Resort (Holland America), Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services, Special events in Culinary Arts, Digital Workshops, Special Entertainment Venues, Cancellation Protection plan (Holland America), formalwear rentals and charitable donations. Excludes the following if not booked at time of reservation: airfare booked through cruise line, excursions, Prepaid food/beverage programs, prepaid gratuities, prepaid wi-fi packages, spa packages, photo & video packages, onboard celebrations, luggage valet services, Travel Insurance, Vacation Protection, motorcoach program, charters, meetings and incentive bookings.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this for new bookings or will I get this credit for making payments? I'm new to AMEX. I did notice that I get 5% back for my excursion I booked

It worked for me to make a payment toward a cruise that was already under deposit with a Mastercard. I paid $500 toward our October 2017 Journey cruise on Oct. 29. They applied the $100 statement credit on October 31.

Added this to both my Plat and Amex Everyday cards, made payments for cruises already booked in 2018. Got the email for the Plat payment, not the Amex everyday. Will report back in a few days.

Added to both of my wife's cards too, but waiting to see what happens here before making the payment.

Added this to both my Plat and Amex Everyday cards, made payments for cruises already booked in 2018. Got the email for the Plat payment, not the Amex everyday. Will report back in a few days.

Added to both of my wife's cards too, but waiting to see what happens here before making the payment.

What do you mean "added"? Your card was initially not qualified?

What do you mean "added"? Your card was initially not qualified?

By "Added" I was referring to registering for the offer. Offers aren't loaded to your cards by default, you need to register them via the website, twitter, etc.

If you search google for something along the lines of "how to use amex offers" you'll find some guides that explain this in detail.

By "Added" I was referring to registering for the offer. Offers aren't loaded to your cards by default, you need to register them via the website, twitter, etc.

If you search google for something along the lines of "how to use amex offers" you'll find some guides that explain this in detail.

Ok. Thanks

Yay! Got the email on Amex Offers. Thank you!

Got the $100 credit on both my plat and everyday cards, will now do the same with my wife's cards. Nice 20% discount. After the Amex offers earlier this year for Carnival most of the this fare will be paid using amex offers, not too shabby.

I wish Amex Platinum travel would, once again, offer Carnival cruises. It's nice to pay with points. Then again, they never offered the cruise reward (OBC) with Carnival Cruises.

Take care,

Mike

Maybe I misunderstand your post Mike but unless something has changed recently, in the past we've used our MR points to pay a cruise balance (via an Amex TA). Is that no longer possible?

Also, there was a time that the Amex Platinum Card Cruise Privileges Program did cover Carnival cruises with OBC (based on cabin category) and other small perks like they still do with other lines (HAL, Princess, Celebrity, RCI, etc.). But that particular Amex-Carnival relationship stopped several years ago.

Edited by joepeka

• 2 weeks later...
because I notice with amex sometimes if you do other services with the cruise it may still recognize it as from the same cruise

Generally speaking it's how the purchase was coded that determines whether the credits are automatically applied or not. In the past, for example, I've seen purchases from the fun shops (formerly known as Bon Voyage) code the same way that booking a new cruise did. I don't know if adding OBC or pre-paying gratuities codes the same way, I would imagine it would but can't guarantee it. When I did my test earlier this year, excursions coded a little differently.

Just know that it "technically" is not a valid purchase under the ToC, so you'll have no recourse if it isn't automatically applied.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...