Chasing Constellation from Rome to Arabian Nights November 2016

need2bespoiled

One last sunrise

31230277682_a3d955c90d_c.jpg

It was truly an amazing trip, certainly rivaling our amazing trip in Asian in 2014 on Millennium and Eclipsing all other trips we’ve taken. We feel truly lucky to be able to travel like this, and share it with friends and those on Cruise Critic. We have some plans for cruises in 2017 but those don’t match up with our actual booked cruises. We’re waiting patiently for Celebrity to release additional 2018 cruises to see where we’ll go in the fall or early winter in 2018.

Once Darlene is feeling a little better, I’ll get her to put a list of guides together so you have the full list.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi! Yes, I do - I went there before the race on Sunday (free entry included with Grand Prix tickets). It's about 30 minutes in a cab, which cost around 80 dirham. Note that Ferrari World doesn't open until 11am.

HOw do you get your F1 tickets . What are my options if anyone would like to share this information that would be good. :D

Thanks Dianne

HOw do you get your F1 tickets . What are my options if anyone would like to share this information that would be good. :D

Thanks Dianne

You can easily buy on the Yaz Marina website, but I would call to have them help pick actual seats.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

As promised, here is our list of tour guides:

There are none that I would not recomend, we really hit the tour guide jackpot on this trip.

Venice : food tor and half day tour

Silvia Nardin nardin.silvia@gmail.com

Rome (not a guide, but the limo service we used)

Rome Shuttle Limo

airportshuttlerome@gmail.com

R.S.L Company

Via Crescenzio 99/e Roma 00193

Info +39 06.619.690.84

Mobil +39 348 5141 804

Free - 800912165 (only Italy)

Sicily

Tour to Mt Etna and Tamorina

Booked through:

Tita Giliberto tita_gili@hotmail.com

Tour guide was Florinda

Crete

Remember, we had some issues with the wrong port location, but probably mostly our fault. Marilina was very detailed.

Guide: Marilina Paters marilinapaters@elissos.com

Israel - excellent guide for the entire country

Dubi Fischler

Tour Guide

http://www.dubitours.com

cell-phone is: +(972)544-259-100, or locally calling when in Israel: 0544-259-100.

Turkey (Ephesus - Pamukkale)

Ozan

FEZ Travel

kusadasi@feztravel.com

Person who handle communication with Dee:

Canan Karaarslan

Marketing & Product

canank@feztravel.com

Athens - Our friend Toni has used Kostas many times, wonderful knowledgeable guide

Kostas

Kostas Chatzivasileiou

Owner & Manager

Athens Walks Tour Company & Private Tours

3 Sachtouri Street, Psirri, Athens, Greece

t: +306936742047 GR Tour Agent Licensed Number: 0206E60000340401

http://www.athens-walks.com

Jordan and Dubai (can also do Abu Dhabi)

Abdullah Nawafleh

His facebook is @TourInJordanPetra

His email is amra37@yahoo.com

Please let me know if i missed any or if you have any questions.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at flights from Abu Dhabi airport at the end of our similar cruise next year. We would be flying back to the USA.

Most flight options are in the wee hours of the morning, but there is one flight at 9 AM.

How practical is it to make a 9 AM flight on disembarkation morning?

I assume we would have to leave the ship between 5 AM and 6 AM. Is that possible? Would we have to carry all of our luggage off ourselves?

Thanks

We left the ship at 11.45pm the evening before disembarkation as most flights were in the early hours and we didn't want to be "refugees" all the following day. We were surprised how many people were disembarking at the same time. I'd suggest you prebook transport to the airport as we only saw one taxi at that time. You'll need to inform guest services of your plan earlier in the cruise. We did, and were told early disembarkation was easy in Abu Dhabi as all immigration procedures had already been done on arrival in the port the penultimate day. You'll need to carry off all your luggage

Edited by suekay

We left the ship at 11.45pm the evening before disembarkation as most flights were in the early hours and we didn't want to be "refugees" all the following day. We were surprised how many people were disembarking at the same time. I'd suggest you prebook transport to the airport as we only saw one taxi at that time. You'll need to inform guest services of your plan earlier in the cruise. We did, and were told early disembarkation was easy in Abu Dhabi as all immigration procedures had already been done on arrival in the port the penultimate day. You'll need to carry off all your luggage

Thanks.

How did you pre-book the transportation?

How long before your flight did you have to be at the airport?

How long is the ride to the airport?

We planned on being at the airport 3 hours before the flight. The taxi journey took about 25 minutes. I booked online through https://city-airport-taxis.com Communication was very good and no payment is required in advance. We paid US$64 in cash direct to the driver who arrived on time and was carrying a board with my name at the cruise terminal building exit. This was for a minibus for 6 adults with 6 suitcases and 6 carry ons.

Edited by suekay

Somehow I missed your questions, sorry!

One thing to note, when flying from Abu Dhabi to the USA is that you will clear customs and Imigration to the USA in Abu Dhabi, so you will arrive at domestic gates, this will make connecting MUCH easier, as your bags can be checked straight through to your finnal destination, no picking them up and clearing customs. Based on this, you should arrive in Abu Dhabi earlier than you would expect as you will need to cear 3 layers of security:

1. Abu Dhabi Customs and Imigration

2. Airpot security (like TSA)

3. TSA Security which was tighter than what we expeience domestically

4. US Customs and Imigrations

Pre-Check will NOT help you.

Global Entry will help you with the US Customs and Imigrtion part.

If you arrive in Abu Dhabi on the day before departure or early, you may have a bit more of a challenge as was reported on another cruise. If you have an overnight before debarking, as you seem to, you should be all set and have plenty of time.

You can definitely pre-book, but as long as it isn't during F1, taxis are readily available and very effecient. Even during F1, we were always able to grab a cab, but we did hear it was not as easy for everyone.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

1) Were there any ports that you were required to take your passports ashore?

2) Did Celebrity collect your passports at any point and then return them to you later in the cruise?

3) For the overnight in Ashdod, did passengers that stayed that night on land have to inform Celebrity that they would not be on board that night?

Thanks

1) Were there any ports that you were required to take your passports ashore?

2) Did Celebrity collect your passports at any point and then return them to you later in the cruise?

3) For the overnight in Ashdod, did passengers that stayed that night on land have to inform Celebrity that they would not be on board that night?

Thanks

Passports were collected for nearly the entire cruise. I believe the only ports we needed passports were in Israel. Imigration was done onboard and a stamp was optional as landing cards were provided which were stamped so you need to ask if you want your passport stamped. There may have been one other port we needed them. All other imigration was done for us except in Abu Dhabi where we ended and needed our passport for the first time we got off. We had to personally present in the cruise terminal to the UAE officials who collected them but then didn't need again. The passports were then returned onboard. There were no extra fees for any that I remember. We didn't tell anyone officially about staying ashore overnight but you could pretty easily just call guest relations. We told our butler.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passports were collected for nearly the entire cruise. I believe the only ports we needed passports were in Israel. Imigration was done onboard and a stamp was optional as landing cards were provided which were stamped so you need to ask if you want your passport stamped. There may have been one other port we needed them. All other imigration was done for us except in Abu Dhabi where we ended and needed our passport for the first time we got off. We had to personally present in the cruise terminal to the UAE officials who collected them but then didn't need again. The passports were then returned onboard. There were no extra fees for any that I remember. We didn't tell anyone officially about staying ashore overnight but you could pretty easily just call guest relations. We told our butler.

Thanks

Do you know if there were any problems with Oman or UAE for those who had their passports stamped for Israel?

Thanks

Do you know if there were any problems with Oman or UAE for those who had their passports stamped for Israel?

Our passports were not stamped maybe for the reason you asked about. As stated above we had a separate landing card which we had to turn in after our last stop in Israel.

Thanks

I requested my passport to be stamped, I only have one page left and wanted the souvenir. I had no problems with any ports after including Jordan, Oman and the UAE.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Excellent review. Thank you.

I have been sat here most of the day reading about your travels - can't understand how I missed it before.

Going back now to re-visit Venice. My favourite place.

Thanks!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna, we are finally on our cruise. Savannah was shocked when we walked into the penthouse. We just went here we are and she couldn't believe it. It hasn't stopped her from enjoying the luxury. She has been soaking in the bath for 2 hours now.

There are definitely loads of familiar faces. We have Nash as our butler. Luminae we have the same waiters from the Infinity. They were pleased to see us.

We are now having 3 sea days so we are enjoying the sun on our wonderful balcony.

Anita

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Jenna, we are finally on our cruise. Savannah was shocked when we walked into the penthouse. We just went here we are and she couldn't believe it. It hasn't stopped her from enjoying the luxury. She has been soaking in the bath for 2 hours now.

There are definitely loads of familiar faces. We have Nash as our butler. Luminae we have the same waiters from the Infinity. They were pleased to see us.

We are now having 3 sea days so we are enjoying the sun on our wonderful balcony.

Anita

Please send our best to everyone :) (Kali, Chita, Stojan).

Thomas and Brian are also onboard, I'm sure you met them on the Panama Canal cruise, plusepur friend Marianne is onboard (she is a fiery redhead) an dour other friend Jason just got off. I have NO idea what we are doing at home and not there.

Have a wonderful cruise, and enjoy!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Please send our best to everyone :) (Kali, Chita, Stojan).

Thomas and Brian are also onboard, I'm sure you met them on the Panama Canal cruise, plusepur friend Marianne is onboard (she is a fiery redhead) an dour other friend Jason just got off. I have NO idea what we are doing at home and not there.

Have a wonderful cruise, and enjoy!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna,

I saw Thom today at the cruise critic party. It's our third cruise in a row with them as we cruised with them in New Zealand. Jason must have been in our suite as his name was still on the account details. Chitra keeps trying to over feed us but her and Chavvy are making the cruise enjoyable.

Food is great, suite is wonderful and we have very smooth seas. So what else could we ask for

It would have been great to see you both onboard again but at least it gave us a chance to have this suite.

Anita

• 2 weeks later...