Bringing wine aboard

I know you are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine when we first board. My question is what if I brought 2 bottles and my girl friend brought 2 bottles and we did not go through security together, would they know it was for the same cabin ? ( not that I would do such a thing, just curious ).

Where should you pack the wine?

In hand luggage or in your suitcases?

The cruise line does not specify. I prefer carry-on to minimize potential for breakage and delay of luggage delivery if the suspect something other than wine.

Thank you!

Am I right in thinking that you can take your own wine into the restaurants and are no longer charged a corkage fee?

Correct, you can take the wine anywhere on the ship without corkage fees.

We have a suite that sleeps 8 on our upcoming Allure cruise so surely we should be allowed to bring more than 2 bottles on board.:D Just kidding.

Seriously, why don't they just make it 1 bottle per adult passenger? That would be very easy to track and there no confusion or worry about who is in a cabin with someone else.

We have a suite that sleeps 8 on our upcoming Allure cruise so surely we should be allowed to bring more than 2 bottles on board.:D Just kidding.

Seriously, why don't they just make it 1 bottle per adult passenger? That would be very easy to track and there no confusion or worry about who is in a cabin with someone else.

That would be a good idea, especially in cases like yours where there are several adults in a room. But I don't think they really care; people carry on 2 bottles per person and then pack 2 in their suitcase and claim they didn't carry any on. If they wanted to they could monitor it, but they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums