Can anyone tell me...

CATGUY7

We have booked a cruise to Alaska for June 2017. I have been looking through excursions to get ideas for each port. I noticed a couple of days ago that they had opened the Tracy Arm Fjord small boat excursion for reservations, even though it is nearly 240 days out. I jumped on it. It shows up in my current reservations, but now all excursion reservations are closed again.

My question - has anyone booked a reservation on an excursion this early and been able to keep it? Or was this just an error?

Edited by CATGUY7
Grammar

It is unusual to have reservations that early. We are on the late July cruise and are still waiting for the excursions to open up. It may be that the excursion was posted too early and when they realized their mistake, they took it down. It is good though that they are honoring those who managed to book while it was up.

We have booked a cruise to Alaska for June 2017. I have been looking through excursions to get ideas for each port. I noticed a couple of days ago that they had opened the Tracy Arm Fjord small boat excursion for reservations, even though it is nearly 240 days out. I jumped on it. It shows up in my current reservations, but now all excursion reservations are closed again.

My question - has anyone booked a reservation on an excursion this early and been able to keep it? Or was this just an error?

I think it's a computer glitch. There was one excursion open for booking a couple of days ago for my Alaska cruise in May 2017, it is now unavailable.

My guess? They're inputting excursions for next season and accidentally left it open for booking. Can't wait until they're finished!

I hope you got a good price and if so, are able to keep it! This is an excursion I have always wanted to do ... wasn't available my last time up through the Tracy Arm.