Distance from aft elevator

weregoingcruising

How many feet from deck 12 aft cabins on Silhouette to aft elevators?

Can't tell you how many feet but the S class ships elevators basically break the ship into thirds. Its not really a big deal and I have a lot of problems walking and am in a wheelchair at times.

From what I remember on the Reflection there aren't any aft elevators so you have to walk to the central atrium. It's quite a long walk. A couple of hundred feet or so maybe. It depends on your level of mobility problems but if you are unable to walk far it may present a problem if you are staying in the sunset veranda cabins right at the very aft.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the conundrums I could never figure out: design a bigger, longer cruise ship (S class vs M class), but reduce vertical access from 3 convenient areas to just 2. That walk from the aft cabins to the closest stairwell/elevators is a long one....especially if you just got to the pool and realize you forgot your book and sunglasses.

There are 25 cabins between the aft cabins and the elevators, a mix of Sky Suite and Concierge. If they average out at 12' in width, and that's a really rough estimate, the elevators would be about 300' away, or about the length of a football field.

You are getting slightly different input. If it is really critical I can pace it for you and give you an actual distance on the Refection which will the same.

The Oceanview and the MDR on the Solstice Class are larger than other ships and the aft elevators/stairs are at the exit of those areas. The Oceanview has a nice flow from the inside to the outside dining areas in the aft with no elevators. Those areas could certainly not be any smaller.

There is a very limited staircase in the center of the ship located at the end of the atrium area, but it only covers three decks.

Roughly the Aft Elevators are the length is of the atrium from halfway. Since the elevators are bow to stern the first one is closer than the last one.

Probably more information than you needed, but I just thought I would clarify it for you. We love the aft cabin area because it has little traffic. For us the distance is no big deal and we actually like it.

Let me know if you need a more accurate estimate. You can look on line at the deck plans and see what we are saying.

There are 25 cabins between the aft cabins and the elevators, a mix of Sky Suite and Concierge. If they average out at 12' in width, and that's a really rough estimate, the elevators would be about 300' away, or about the length of a football field.

We posted at the same time, but yours is an excellent estimate.

It is quite a walk and my last choice of areas to book a cabin. I've had to go back to my cabin many times and being in a cabin near the front or center elevators/stairs makes it so convenient.

I know some friends don't mind the long walk.

You can go to the S-class cabin excel sheet to read about the aft cabins and comments about noise and sometimes soot on the balconies: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Monica

Way too many!! We were on the Eclipse in an aft cabin, which is always my first choice. It doesn't matter which deck it's on. I checked floor plan of Silhouette since I haven't actually sailed on her... there are only two elevator banks...one mid-ship and the other forward for the theater. The walk was so long...half the length of the ship every time you leave your cabin...that I had to use a wheel chair. If you're looking for a bigger balcony, look at the cabins on the bump...if you really want an aft cabin look at the Millenium class, which has 3 elevator banks: forward, mid-ship and aft. Don't know what the Solstice design crew was thinking, but this is a major problem, IMHO.